KingDebater
birdlandmemories

The North Pole Players are the best sports team EVER

birdlandmemories
Started: 12/24/2013 Category: Funny

KingDebater

Pro

When people think of the North Pole, they often think of Father Christmas and all the reindeer and pretty pretty snow, but what they really should be thinking about in my opinion is the best sports team anyone has ever heard of ever: The North Pole Players.

If you visit my profile often, you'll notice the only rhing I've got written down in the "Favourite Sports teams" section is 'The North Pole Players' [1]. This is because I've heard of them and therefore know that they're the best team ever by far and no other team can compare to them.

What makes them so good? I hear you say. Well, they're at the top of the leaderboard of North Pole Sports teams:

#1 - The North Pole Players
#2 - The North Nice Ice Mice (team now defunct.)
#3 - Rudolph and Co. (All players now eaten)
#4 - Father Christmas (team application denied because of lack of players)
#5 - The Icicle losers (team not formed yet)
#6 - the Curtains crew return for the sixth time (team on retirement)
#7 - The present lovers (only one person in this team is old enough to play)
#8 - The Tinsel tossers (have been on holiday since June 1993)
#9 - Candy canes unite (team do not possess the ability to move)
#10 - Manchester United (got lost on the way to the North Pole)

Are they a football team? Are they a tennis team? Are they a cricket team? A swimming team? A rugby team? The answer is that they play every sport imaginable *.

Whether it be racquets or brackets, the North Pole Players are good at everything sport-related. Here is the commentators' take on their last game:

1: WOW! Never have I seen such a good display of physical talent, and that's just the North Pole Players' entrance!
2: Okay, the game has started
1: No it hasn't, don't be silly commentator one!
2: Okey doke! It's just hard to tell in a North Pole Players game because they're always showing such amazing sports talent!
*time passes...*
1: The first player has hit the ball. The other player passes it back. Now, the North Pole Player hits it straight back! 180! That's now a hattrick and we're not even 10 minutes into the match!
2: I concur!
*more time passes...*
1: Only one lap to go. 2, How do you think this North Pole Player will do on his last length?
2: Perfectly!
1: That's correct!
2: I concur!
1: The Player catches the ball and then shoots it out of his mouth. It's gone out of the park! The crowd goes wild!
2: We can hear the crowd,1! It's noisy enough without you going on about it!
1: Okay! Calm down, 2!
*more time passes...*
1: And the North Pole Players win in a record time of 15 seconds. What do you make of that, 2?
2: Perfectly!
1: That's correct!
2: I concur!

So you see, the North Pole Players really are the best vteam ever. Now, Con will make his remarks.

[1] http://www.debate.org...

* - Excluding women's golf
birdlandmemories

Con

Thank you KingDebater for instigating this challenge. I will now post my opening arguments, and refute my opponent's opening arguments.

My opponent lists 10 teams, and had the North Pole Players at the top. But if you look at the next 9 teams, all of them say that the team is defunct, or the team has not been formed yet. Thus, the North Pole Players do not have any valid competition, which means that they cannot be the best team without having competition to play.

Also, the average temperature of the North Pole, is too cold to play volleyball, or any other outdoor sports, which therefore means they do not play every sport imaginable [1]

Another reason is that there are no stats to show for the North Pole Players. Every sporting event in the world has stats. Without statistics to show how the North Pole Players have done in comparison to the other teams (which is none), we do not even know how the North Pole Players have fared in any games they have played.

My opponent has not provided any reasons to show why the North Pole Players are the Best team.

I eagerly await pro's round 2 argument. Thank you.

[1] http://polardiscovery.whoi.edu...
KingDebater

Pro

Put any team on that leaderboard and the North Pole Players will always come out on top. You just have to be a qualified sports leaderboard maker, which I'm afraid to say that Con isn't.

The reason all of those teams are defunct or something is because the North Pole Players whooped the opposing side's sorry bottoms so hard that they simply could not continue in the same way.

Con claims it's too cold to play volleyball and provides a source, but the source doesn't say anything about it being too cold to play volleyball. Plus, it's the North Pole so you can play sports like Iceberg punching and walrus throwing without too much bother in organizing it.

There are stats, I will show you:

TEAM NAME: The North Pole Players
STRENGTH: 10/10
ATTACK: 10/10
DEFENCE: 10/10
SPECIAL ABILITIES: 10/10
OVERALL: 10/10

TEAM NAME: (Every other sports team in the world)
STRENGTH: 0/10
ATTACK: 0/10
DEFENCE: 0/10
SPECIAL ABILITIES: 0/10
OVERALL: 0/10

I think I've proved once and for all that the North Pole Players are the best sports team ever.

birdlandmemories

Con

Thank you, Pro for your argument.

Pro says there is no competition left, because the North Pole Players defeated them so badly that they could not continue. But how can a team get beaten so badly they are eaten, or defeat a team that hasn't even been created yet? Also, by saying a team has only one player, pro must mean that that team is ineligible.

Con says that the source I provided does not show that it is too cold to play volleyball. But it does show that temperatures are very cold, and that they are as low as -32 degress, and since volleyball is a sport played in the summer, then it is too cold to play volleyball, which also means that the North Pole Players do not play every sport.

Also, the stats pro provided tie to the first part of my argument. Teams that do not exist, or hav been eaten cannot have statistics.

Pro has not proved that that the North Pole Players are the best team.

Vote con
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Yes, but even that is pushing it close.
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Yes, but even that is pushing it close.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Is this better?
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
The time limit was a bit too short.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
You got it
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
I really would want to accept this debate but I don't match the criteria.
Vote Placed by ModerateLiberalism 3 years ago
ModerateLiberalism
KingDebaterbirdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Do I really need to give a reason? Pro is obviously trolling and used his own profile as his only source.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
KingDebaterbirdlandmemoriesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Kingdebater loses due to the logical inconsistencies in his argument which birdlandmemories aptly pointed out. I was highly entertained with Pro's story, bu the arguments got defeated using logic. Sources go to Pro, for a source refuting the debate. All other points are tied, as the debaters were well behaved and grammar was equal.