The Occupy Movement was better than the Tea Party Movement
First round is for acceptance. Rounds 2-4 will go as follows
R2-Argument (pro),Argument (con)
R3-Rebuttal (pro), Rebuttal (con)
R4-Defense of Argument and closing statement (pro and con)
BoP goes to Pro, as they have to prove that the Occupy Movement was better than the Tea Party Movement
In this debate, I will debate on the side of the Tea Party, in an attempt to negate the statement that The Occupy Movement was better than the Tea Party Movement. My opponent will make her argument in Round 1, and we will rebut each others arguments in Round 2.
Here's why the Occupy Movement was not better than the Tea Party movement.
Keep in mind that we will use the definition of "better" that was used in the comments section
"Had a more efficient political message, maintained civility throughout protests, etc." (http://www.debate.org...)
E1.) Astronomical crime rates for a "peaceful" protest
As of November 16, 2011, Occupy Wall Street has been responsible for two murders, over ten rapes, over three incidents of public masturbation, over five accounts of indecent exposure to children, a suicide, an Occupier who shot at the White House, two incidents of arson, and over 500 thefts. These resulted in roughly 4000 arrests and over 10 Million dollars in arson damage alone. 
The amount of Tea Partiers who committed any of these crimes? Zero. 
That is a clear score for the Tea Party. They were much more civil.
E2.) Comparing the political messages...
The Tea Party has its agenda in large text right on the front page of their website-
"Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
2. Eliminate the National Debt - By implementing fiscally conservative policies at all levels of government, progress can be made toward eliminating the U.S. National Debt. Massive increases in the National Debt have created and continue to create a huge burden for the next generation of Americans, thus imperiling the country’s short-term and long-term economic health and prosperity.
3. Eliminate Deficit Spending - All deficit spending must be eliminated immediately. We insist that government representatives at all levels maintain a fiscally responsible budget and balance the books as would be expected of any American business.
4. Protect Free Markets - America’s free enterprise system allows businesses to thrive as they compete in the open marketplace and strive toward ever better services and products. Allowing free markets to prosper unfettered by government interference is what propelled this country to greatness with an enduring belief in the industriousness and innovations of the populace.
5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States - The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land and must be adhered to without exception at all levels of government. This includes the Bill of Rights and other Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and their provisions designed to protect states’ rights and individual liberties.
6. Promote Civic Responsibility - Citizen involvement at the grassroots level allows the voice of the American people to be heard and directs the political behaviors of our representatives at both the local and national level so they, in turn, may be most effective in working to preserve the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of this country’s citizens.
7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government - A bloated bureaucracy creates wasteful spending that plagues our government. Reducing the overall size, scope and reach of government at both local and national levels will help to eliminate inefficiencies that result in deficit spending which adds to our country’s debt.
8. Believe in the People - The American people, given their guaranteed freedoms, will thrive in a democratic, capitalist environment which allows individuals to strive toward ever greater achievements, innovations and the efficient production of needed and valued goods and services. 
9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics - American politics is burdened by big money from lobbyists and special interests with an undue influence on the peoples’ representatives. The Tea Party movement is seen as a threat to the entrenched political parties and thus is the continual target of smear campaigns and misrepresentation of its ideals. We choose not to respond to these attacks except to strongly and explicitly disavow any and all hate speech, any and all violence as well as insinuations of violence, and any and all extreme and fringe elements that bring discredit to the Tea Party Movement. We are a peaceful movement and respect other's opinions and views even though they do not agree with our own. We stand by the Tea Party beliefs and goals and choose to focus our energies on ensuring that our government representatives do the same. 
10. Maintain Local Independence - The strength and resilience of a grassroots movement is the ability of citizens at the local level to determine their own platforms, agendas and priorities free of an overriding central leadership. Exercising the clearly stated message of the Tea Party movement by its nature involves discourse about which policies and candidates best hold to our stated principles, and these various opinions should flourish and evolve at the local level." 
And just for fun, here's two more reasons why Occupy sucks- They have no organization or strategy 
1.) http://www.freerepublic.com... (at the bottom of the chart he has the sources he used to make it) It's all on this page though.
Come on, coward. We both know you can do better. Please try.
Thanks, pro, but did you misread the resolution? I don't think it had anything to do with cowardice.
My opponent called me a coward... A coward is " I don't think that I'm the one here that could be defined as a coward, as there is no opposition or difficulty for me to face here, only annoyance.
My opponent had no objections to any of my points, so they carry on here.
I believe that I have presented accurate reasoning for my support of the Tea Party Movement, as well as my disdain for the Occupy Movement. Heh. Just for kicks, more Occupy stupidity in the sources.
And yes, you are supposed to copy and paste these into your browser to fact check them.
Thanks for your time, and on to Pro for her next argument satement.
missjones forfeited this round.
I have slain a giant today.
A GIANT TROLL!
missjones forfeited this round.
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||6||0|