MONKTHAC0
Bobbysaypie

The Offspring is not punk rock.

Started: 3/30/2014 Category: Music

MONKTHAC0

Pro

It is my belief that the band calling themselves "The Offspring" is not punk rock.
Bobbysaypie

Con

I do believe that the Offspring is considered punk rock.
MONKTHAC0

Pro

The Offspring is not punk rock. Why? Simple really. All of their music sounds the same. Granted I've only heard a handful of their songs but I've heard enough to generate my personal opinion that The Offspring, is not it. While they started out very small and not very well known under the name of "Manic Subsidal" and eventually changed their name to "The Offspring" mainly so they could, my theory, get the attention they so sorely craved, because who wants to have their band named "Manic Subsidal"? Clearly not "Manic Subsidal", what with all the band line-up changes, and different members, one guy going from drums, to guitar (or was it bass? Doesn't matter), and finally to vocals. I mean. come on! Make up your minds already will you? They did, with a band named "The Offspring". Small step up from "Manic Subsidal" if you ask me. Anyway, I do not feel like The Offspring belongs in Punk Rock. I feel they belong in the Alternative Rock genre.
Bobbysaypie

Con

Bobbysaypie forfeited this round.
MONKTHAC0

Pro

Seeing as how my opponent has declined to respond. The Offspring is not punk rock. When I think of Punk Rock I think of Green Day almost immediately, not The Offspring. I rest my case.
Bobbysaypie

Con

Bobbysaypie forfeited this round.