yoshidino
jaredmc

The Old and New Testaments called the Bible

yoshidino

Pro

In this debate, I just want to discus whether or not the Bible contradicts itself.
You can Bring your argument first round.

And please, If you're going to accept, don't forfeit, and please only someone that has knowledge of the bible.

I will be using the Hebrew/Aramaic old testament, and the Aramaic new testament.
jaredmc

Con

hi i have nothing to say because i am a christian and i use the bible everyday
yoshidino

Pro

Than why did you except my challenge?
jaredmc

Con

i dont know but the old teataments would be alot better
yoshidino

Pro

yoshidino forfeited this round.
jaredmc

Con

jaredmc forfeited this round.
yoshidino

Pro

yoshidino forfeited this round.
jaredmc

Con

jaredmc forfeited this round.
yoshidino

Pro

yoshidino forfeited this round.
jaredmc

Con

jaredmc forfeited this round.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
Yea, con kinda ruined the debate. the debate was suppose to be directed towards atheist who thing that the Bible contradicts itself.
Posted by Asburnu 2 years ago
Asburnu
This is not a forum, "Whisper" app or restroom wall. In the 1st grade the difference between FACT and OPINION was taught to most of us. Please review, http://www.merriam-webster.com.... Sad that such great debate topics fizzle out, only to go on in the comment section. I am finding a consistency with religious supporters who fail to understand exactly what a logical debate is, let alone have any sources other than their beliefs.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
If you knew the Torah, you would know That Messiah would never abolish or do away with in any way, the Law of Moses which was given directly out of God's mouth. If you knew the Torah, you would know that a man that taught against the keeping of these commandments was considered a false prophet.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
Ok, I'm going to create a debate on whether or not we should keep the Torah.

RickiNodriguez, For one, I will call him Yeshua not Jesus. Yeshua did not come to abolish the Law in the slightest. He specifically said, "THINK NOT that I have come to abolish the Torah and the prophets, I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill. Let me ask you this; When you "fill" a cup with water, is it abolished? Is it not rather of more use than when it was empty. This is what Yeshua came to do. He came to bring full light to the Torah, and gave us grace; the power to keep the Torah. John 1:1; "In the beginning was the word (everything that comes out of the mouth of God, including the Torah and the prophets) and the word was with God and the word was God."
on down to verse 14; "And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us..."
Yeshua IS the Torah. If you do away with the Torah, you do away with Yeshua, because he is the Torah made flesh.
"The Torah of YHVH is perfect, converting the soul"
Psalms 19:7
Ephesians is not talking about this Torah of God, it is talking about the "law of commandments contained in the ordinances" (OF THE TALMUD which was made by the Rabbis and not God that said that Gentiles could not fellowship with a Jew.) Yeshua IS The Torah, so it would be nonsense to say that Yeshua abolished himself.

Peter the apostle himself says in 2 Peter 3:
"15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable twist, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

He says that people that are UNLEARNED twist Paul's writings. Unlearned in what? The Torah of course. Peter is saying that Paul is hard to be understood, and if you are unlearned in the Torah, you will not understand Paul'
Posted by RickiNodriguez 2 years ago
RickiNodriguez
As for That1user (Eph. 2:14-15), "For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one, and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace."
Posted by RickiNodriguez 2 years ago
RickiNodriguez
Why do you believe the Torah should still be keep sacred? This question is me seeking answers not me bashing you so do not get offended. Jesus came more or less to abolish the old laws and create a foundation on him the risen lamb. The old laws a still looked at and followed but a lot of them were cultured laws because of what was going on at the time. Like eating meat because there weren't refrigerators back then. I would sincerely like to hear your thought on this matter because I cannot say I have ever heard ones opinion on the Torah being kept whole heartily sacred.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
yoshido, that is okay, I am currently in the middle of another religion debate. When that debate and this debate are both over then I may challenge you, or you may challenge me.
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
That1User, it looks like someone else took the debate. If you want you can challenge me to the debate. The debate is not concerning whether or not the Law of Moses should be kept. There's no reason to debate that if you do not stand on the entire Bible as being the direct words of Almighty God.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
I would like to take this debate, is this okay yoshidino? Also, are we debating the Laws of Moses too?
Posted by yoshidino 2 years ago
yoshidino
I believe in keeping all the Laws of Moses.