Rational_Thinker9119
Liberalmoderate14

The Ontological Argument For God's Existence Is Sound

Rational_Thinker9119

Rational_Thinker9119

Con

In this debate, Pro has to prove that God exists with the Ontological Argument for God's existence, and my job is to simply undermine his/her arguments sufficiently. Pro can use any version of the argument he/she wishes; the first round is for Pro's first argument. However, to make sure we get the same amount of rounds, in the last round, Pro must simply put:

"No argument will be posted here as agreed."

Good luck.
Liberalmoderate14

Pro

Well, for my first argument, I think I'll resort to the Big Bang theory. What makes life? If you say cells, what makes up cells? If you say DNA, what makes up DNA? It goes on and on until we get to atoms. What makes up atoms? Sub-atoms. But what makes up those? And what would the stuff that makes sub-atoms be made of? Science never ends, and is constantly changing. That's why I believe god created everything, because god is eternal, and since science is a thing AND eternal, which never ends because god created it. Also, how can the Big Bang have happened when there was nothing in our universe? Something had to have caused it to happen, and I believe it was God himself. You can disagree with me all you want, but in the end I'm still going to believe what I want to.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

This is a debate about the ontolological argument for God's existence, nothing you mentioned has anything to do with the ontological argument. If you want to debate God's existence in general, then make a new debate. However, this debate is for a specific argument. You have to defend the ontological argument for God's existence to win this debate.
Liberalmoderate14

Pro

Ok then, I just wanted to argue god's existence in general. Thanks anyway.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

No problem. If you send a challenge my way, I'll debate you on the existence of God (and you can use whatever arguments you wish).
Liberalmoderate14

Pro

Liberalmoderate14 forfeited this round.
Rational_Thinker9119

Con

Moving along.
Liberalmoderate14

Pro

Liberalmoderate14 forfeited this round.
Posted by Militant_Pacifist 3 years ago
Militant_Pacifist
I would accept but I would prefer to be allowed to post a conclusion, and use round 1 for stating the chosen formulation only...
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
Rational_Thinker9119Liberalmoderate14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: God is the best explanation, anything other requires just as much faith if not more. 10 to the power of 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to be exact.