madness
Bork

The PC is the best console/gaming system.

Bork has forfeited round #2.
Started: 1/30/2017 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

madness

Pro

I believe that the PC is the best console/gaming system. If you disagree, then please state which gaming system you believe is better.
Bork

Con

Before I begin, I'd just like to say I am very new to this site and have never been in a debate. Any mistakes I make I hope will be confronted with respect for my newbie mind.

Challenge accepted! The Playstation 4 is a much more sufficient gaming system than the PC. The reason being is due to the widespread use (I have other reasons that I will bring up overtime). The PS4 costs a whole lot less than your average gaming PC, which on average according to the members of the steam forums, goes on from 800$ if it's built (part by part) and can be up 2500$ if it's just bought in full. While the PS4 goes for 300-400$.

Of course, the price range can fluctuate depending on what the specs you want for your PC, which brings me to my next point: If you're a console user, you don't have to worry at all about things like that. PC users are always caught up about what motherboard, GPU, or other PC gizmos need to be on their PC in order to run a certain game. PS4 users (and other console users in general) don't have to worry about this at all. All they have to worry about is the next hit game they're going to get. And that's completely excluding the all new PS4 pro, which includes 4k at a price of 400$ dollars.

Imagine being completely new to PC gaming and decide to pick one up from Best Buy or some other store. Once you get everything on it set up, you decide to download a game (which takes several other downloads to do, depending on where you get the game) but, oh no, looks like you don't have the right requirements for the game you're trying to play. Looks like you're going to need to buy a 100$ piece of hardware just to play Rust.

PS4 users can play any game on the market, with the power of a gaming PC worth thousands, all at a VERY low price.
madness

Pro

Hello, thanks for accepting and welcome to the site.

In this section I am going to talk about price

-PC games are cheaper-

New AAA games might still be a bit pricey, but on PC you can expect to pick them up for about "10 less than their console counterparts. For every three games you get for you PS4 or Xbox One, you can get four on PC. There"s a bit more parity with indie games, though.

-Discounts-

So, PC games tend to be cheaper than their console counterparts, but it"s the discounts that are most noteworthy. Seasonal sales get pretty crazy, with digital distribution sites flinging dirt-cheap games around like confetti. Actually, confetti"s probably more expensive.

-PC will last you a lifetime-

Even if an argument that the new PS 4 is cheaper than an equivalently spec PC (They are roughly the same price if you build your own PC.) Main argument here, is that the PS 4 will go out of date meaning you will have to spend another $400 on the PS 5 , whereas A PC gamer will only have to spend $150 on a good graphic card upgrade.

I believe this is the expense section covered. Now I will move onto the general benefits of PC.

-Multiple monitors-

The handiness of having an extra monitor or 2 is unbelievable.
1. You can have a world map open while exploring rust (PC exclusive.)
2. You can read game guides and watch videos without tabbing out.
3. Real multi-tasking requires enough screen space to keep two or more apps in full view simultaneously.
4. Cutting and pasting between chat is easier (Google translate.) Does PS 4 have Google translate?????
5. Video and gaming take on a whole new dimension with dual monitors. You can view much more of a virtual world and see bad guys coming from a distance.

The list of PC benafits could go on forever so I will try to be concise.

-Mouse and keyboard offers more precision. You could use a PS 2/3/4 or Xbox 360/One controller if You don't like the keyboard and mouse.

-It"s the best platform for VR

The Oculus Rift is just for us, at least at the moment. And while a consumer-ready version won"t be available until next year, countless PC games already support the device.

-PC has a bigger, better game library

I can jump into Elite: Dangerous right now, or I can jump back 30 years and play the original Elite. My PC is a time machine. The current generation of consoles have yet to develop a particularly strong library of games. Get a PC, though, and you"ll have access to thousands of games spread across over three decades.

-The eSports scene is better on PC

What are the biggest eSports games? League of Legends, Dota 2, StarCraft II - mostly games that are exclusive to PC. There are more competitions and massive global tournaments, and more opportunities to watch or get involved yourself.

-MODS

Mods are better on PC. There are more mods for more games. Steam workshop has 100,000s of thousands of mods for practically every game out there.

-To conclude.

You can spend as little or as much on a PC as you want and customise it to your gaming needs.
While the PS 4 has a static price with no ability to upgrade or customise.

Buy a PC and liberate you inner gamer!
Posted by EdgeOfTheInfinite 1 year ago
EdgeOfTheInfinite
Clearly I just want to debate someone who can actually debate me. The first guy couldn't rebut anything I said, the second is clearly a 5 year old with his main pillar being "PCs are for nerds" and now it looks like this guy is gonna forfeit.
Posted by madness 1 year ago
madness
Bork has no argument himself.
Posted by EdgeOfTheInfinite 1 year ago
EdgeOfTheInfinite
Bork debate me next I have tonnes more arguments.
Posted by sihoosecond 1 year ago
sihoosecond
i think bork got things about a gaming pc wrong there - you don't exactly need to have a gaming pc. You just need something that has enough power to run games in the 30-60fps area. An i5 and anything in the GEForce GTX area will suffice.