djones16
Valkrin

The PS4 is a better console than the Xbox One (No Fanboys) 2

Started: 3/16/2015 Category: Games

djones16

Pro

Quick Rules
1. No Moaning or B***hing
2. We all know PC is factually the best platform for gaming, but this debate has nothing to do with PC, so no references to PC should be made in this debate.
3.Round one will be acceptance, round 2 will be your main arguement and round 3 will be any rebutals.
Valkrin

Con

I accept this debate and intend to argue in favor of the One.
Good luck! State your case!
djones16

Pro

Ok so i will be arguing that the PS4 is the better console so first i will be talking about the hardware.

Hardware
OK starting with the CPU both consoles use a semi custom AMD APU, however the Xbox One's CPU clocks at 1.75 GHz, while the PS4's only clock in at 1.6 Ghz making the xbox ones slightly better. Now onto the GPU the PS4's GPU is slightly larger and has 6 more comute units than the Xbox One. However the Xbox One is slightly faster.On paper the Ps4 is 50% more powerful and the fact that 10% of the Xbox Ones GPU power will be put into kinect, it means that the PS4 has a huge advantage on the Xbox One in terms of the GPU, and to finish this part of the debate, the PS4 has 8GBof DDR5 RAM, while the XBOX ONE has the far inferior DDR3 RAM.This gives the PS$ a massive bandwidth advantage over the XBOX ONE, with the PS4"s CPU and GPU will have 176GB/sec of bandwidth to system RAM, while the Xbox One will have just 68.3GB/sec.This makes the PS4 the far more powerful console.

Games
OK lets start with the multiplats, its widely known that the majority of multiplats such as Metal Gear Solid 5, Assassins Creed, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, NBA 2k series etc.All Multiplats are either the same or better on the PS4 and that will not change due to the superior hardware on the PS4.

Next thing i will discuss is the exclusives. The PS4 has 85 Exclusives both out now and coming soon, and these are only the ones we know of right now, as well as 2 timed exclusives, games like Infamous, Killzone, Knack, Driveclub, The Order 1886, Bloodbourne, Street Fighter V, Persona 5, MLB 15 The Show, Uncharted 4, The Last Of Us, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Deep Down, Rogue Gallery, Planetside 2, Little Big Planet 3, Hotline Miami, Dayz, H1Z1, Gran Tourismo 7, God Of War 4 and Octodad, while the Xbox One only has 39 exclusives, and most of them are in a similar genre of game, such as titanfall, the halo games and the upcoming gears of war. As well as mediocre games, like Sunset Overdrive, Rise Son Of Rome and Killer Instinct. Therefore in my opinion, i feel the PS4 has the advantage in both quality and quantity.

As well as all that the playsation 4 has the Playsation now system wqhich allows users to stream ps3 games, as well as ps 1 and 2 games in the future increasing the games libary by potentially tens of thousands of games, making it by far the better console out of the two.

Valkrin

Con

To start this debate I would like to thank my opponent.

Keep in mind the resolution is 'The PS4 is a better console than the Xbox One' and as such opponent has the full BoP. My side of the case is NOT to prove the Xbox One is Better than the PS4, but rather, The PS4 is NOT better than the Xbox One.

better - of a more excellent or effective type or quality

And opponent has already done this for me, when in R2 he states that the CPU of the Xbox One is slightly better than that of the PS4, making the Xbox One "better" in that aspect, so the PS4, in this regard, is NOT better than the Xbox One.

Despite the PS4 having a huge amount superior hardware, the Xbox One still prevails on CPU and GPU (when the Kinect isn't plugged in). As well, the part about the games being better, as well as exclusives, is entirely subjective. For instance, many people were hyped about The Order, yet it turned out to be a horrible game amongst many gamers. As well, in common image comparisons of games acrost PC, PS4, and XBONE, The PS4 has higher tesselation yet the Xbox One has more vivid colors. Depending on the TV the tesselation/resolution might not even matter that much.

To summarize:
Opponent already points out ways the PS4 is NOT better than the Xbox One
Opponent's arguments about quantity of games and games that are more supreme on the PS4 are subjective and prove nothing.

As such, opponent has failed to show that the PS4, in all ways, is better than the Xbox One.

Thank you!
djones16

Pro

Thank you for replying I will now respond to my opponents comments.

"Despite the PS4 having a huge amount superior hardware, the Xbox One still prevails on CPU and GPU (when the Kinect isn't plugged in). As well, the part about the games being better, as well as exclusives, is entirely subjective. For instance, many people were hyped about The Order, yet it turned out to be a horrible game amongst many gamers. As well, in common image comparisons of games across PC, PS4, and XBONE, The PS4 has higher tesselation yet the Xbox One has more vivid colors. Depending on the TV the tesselation/resolution might not even matter that much."

I will first of all address this point you first state that the xbox one prevails on the GPU side of it even though it is factually weaker even with the kinect not being attached to it, due to its size and the fact that it has 6 more compute units than the xbox one meaning, along with the far superior RAM means that the ps4 is factually more powerful than the XBOX 1 even with the CPU advantage. Next I will address the comment con made when he said that the part of the games being better is entirely subjective, I myself am sick of the "its your opinion" argument on a video game debate, because the whole point of this debate and debate in general is expressing your opinion, using facts and opinions. The point of that comment wasn't the quality of the games, but the larger amount of games, as well as the fact that the exclusives on the PS4 are on a wider range of genres than the exclusives on the Xbox one meaning there is at least a couple of games for everyone, as well as factually superior multiplats, and playsation now services, mean the PS4 have a factually superior game lineup, going into the next few years, in my opinion. Your comment that the order 1886 is a bad game is also opinion based, meaning that con was clearly being hypocritical.
Valkrin

Con

Sorry about the short rounds, I was relatively constrained on time as I was writing these.

The mentioning of The Order was to further bring up my point of quality and quanitity. While yes, PlayStation may have a wider variety of games, are those games going to be generally viewed of higher quality? Some games, as I mentioned before, like the Order, were one of the PlayStation 4's many releases that ended up going downhill.

As well, opponent has still not refuted the CPU argument, instead arguing over the GPU. And while it may be true the GPU is better the CPU argument remains uncontested and thus goes to show a way in which the Xbox One is better than the PS4. As well, the Xbox One prevails in areas such as streaming to Twitch, TV access, HDMI-IN, and more.

Overall, while opponent has shown ways in which the PS4 is better than the Xbox One, I have shown a way (or ways, if you will) in which the PS4 is NOT the better console.

Either way I believe Pro's BoP is left unfulfilled.

Thank you for the debate!
Posted by djones16 2 years ago
djones16
good luck dude