TheMagicCrayon
RepublicanMan

The PS4 is superior overall to the Xbox One.

Started: 12/5/2013 Category: Games

TheMagicCrayon

Pro

I believe that for a number of reasons that the Playstation 4 is superior the the Xbox One. I say this for the following reasons:

• It is much cheaper compared to the XB1.

• It is 50% more powerful (according to developers) then the XB1.

• It can run virtually all games that have been released for it at 1080p 60fps, unlike the Xbox One.

• The controller has many more features, such as a touch pad, a head phone socket, a speaker, and increased egronomic shape, whilst the Xbox One's controller has been quoted as taking a step back from the Xbox 360 controller.

• The PS4's online service is cheaper than the XB1's.

• There is no forced camera that comes with it.

• It is focused on gaming, rather than TV. (Note that people buy gaming consoles for gaming)

Prove me wrong.

RepublicanMan

Con

Let me start off by saying thank you for the open debate. And second, I don't believe the Playstation 4 is superior to the Xbox One. But then again, I don't feel the Xbox One is superior either. I feel like PC gaming will always be better. Graphics don't matter and that's usually the card people play with Computer Gamers; "PC has bad graphics," crap like that. Honestly, if the game plays out well, graphics mean nothing to me. And on top of that, PC gaming is more simpler. Now some programs like Origin and Steam are somewhat difficult sometimes, but I can't say that the Playstation Network and Xbox Live stores are 100% smooth either. I suppose when it comes down to it, I'd prefer the Playstation 4 anyhow because of how much easier it is to do stuff on it. For example: Internet is free. But then again, it's not backwards compatible and neither is the computer. But you see, with computers, it doesn't need to be backwards compatible for you to play games from say...2003, you just need the game and a computer capable of running it (which would be any, especially Windows computers).

Let's look at the Xbox history why don't we? First of all, the console is cheaper than the Playstation 3. I'm just going to compare the Xbox 360 and Ps4 and compare 'em for a bit. So, the Xbox 360 was cheaper, but the internet cost money. The Playstation 3 was slightly more expensive with an easily accessible internet connection that could be setup to be wireless or wired depending on the router and modem you have. The Xbox's games were also cheaper and the PS3's games were more expensive. But, the PS4 was better in quality than the Xbox. It had more RAM, meaning it could run games better, more memory and it was more popular; the world of PS4 internet was running wild with so many people! Higher than the World of Warcraft population, and for the longest time that had over a billion people on it!

Let's now consider the Xbox One, it has no backwards compatibility and had a voice-activated system in it that read your pulse. Who would want that? Let's not forget that the Xbox One, has little RAM and it's megabytes are capable of running more games as well as the system does not overheat or wear itself out from use as easily as the Xbox.

Overall, when it comes down to it, consoles don't matter and PC gaming is still dominate. No two ways about that. And the market of PC gaming is more successful and rich of financial supplement. It's wonderful. So, the PC gaming master race is still superior. I reign on the side of PC gaming, not console gaming. But, if I had to, I would pick the PS4 over the Xbox One. But still, PC gaming.
TheMagicCrayon

Pro

Unfortunately, you have strayed from the topic. The topic was that PS4s were better than Xbox Ones, and by default, you had to argue that the Xbox One was better than the PS4.

PC gaming is also much more complicated than console gaming, due to the fact that you have to account for game crashes, viruses, bottle-necking, frame rate issues, and obsolete hardware. While with a console, you have hardware that will last you 10 years due to software optimization, but I digress.

Please state an argument as to why the Xbox One is not inferior to the Playstation 4.
RepublicanMan

Con

Well, thinking about the people that work on the consoles can change your mind. The xbox has more advanced technology (i.e, the heart rate monitor). And things like that pull people into the market because they are interested. How people work is, if there is a product with cool features, they take interest in it. Marketing now a day has become more complicated because of the judgment of consumers. Consumers look for whatever they can find with the newest, latest and hottest technology. If I had my way, the PS4 would be that way...but it's not. It's a recycled version of the PS3 with the same features and less capabilities like the backwards compatibility that was taken away. And on top of that, the PS4 has no network store like the PS3 did. So, there's no online store. So, go to your local game retailer, like GameStop, E-B Games, or something along those lines.

The Xbox One has some failing qualities as well. But the RAM on that system is beautiful, as is the gaming store. Where you can buy games from past systems of Microsoft and even systems like the NES, SNES, SEGA Genesis, NIntendo 64 and et cetera. With the Xbox's faults, some of the voice-activated commands don't function properly and the Kinect is really just annoying. But so the Playstation Move which, like the Xbox Kinect, was a ripoff of the technology utilized first in the Nintendo Wii. I really don't feel like either the PS4 nor the Xbox One are good, but actually, neither are bad. The Xbox one is incredible, as is the PS4. But, the Xbox has some advantages that the PS4 doesn't. If I had to say, I'd say the Xbox One is more, like the Xbox 360 was in comparison to the PS3, the "family console" which it is only when compared to the PS4.
TheMagicCrayon

Pro

TheMagicCrayon forfeited this round.
RepublicanMan

Con

Now, I can see that you have given up, so let me take this time to say that this is why the PS4 is somewhat inferior; the capabilities of the system are less OP than that of the PS4. It's time for Sony to backwards produce and make another system like the PS3 with some POSITIVE modifications and not the ones they made that suck. And the same goes for Microsoft, because while the Xbox One is certainly not perfect it truly is wonderful and somewhat better than the PS4. Although I truly lack hope in both for the most part, I see a brighter ray of hope for the Xbox One in the marketing business.
TheMagicCrayon

Pro

TheMagicCrayon forfeited this round.
RepublicanMan

Con

RepublicanMan forfeited this round.
Posted by killerdude66 3 years ago
killerdude66
It all depends on what console you like more. It has nothing to do with whats better its just the console that you like go for it. No one can make you take it back for the other console just because THEY think the othe console is better.
Posted by dunc22 3 years ago
dunc22
I do not like what X-box did with this one (pun intended) thay made it about much more than gaming which is the whole reason i would buy an X-box in the first place. Ps4 takes my heart in this debate
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
This is hard to argue against.... you win this time Sony, you win this time.