The PS4 is superior to the XBOX ONE

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 5/22/2015 Category: Games

I will be arguing that the PS4 is superior to the Xbox One.

My opponent will prove that it isn't

May the best debater win.

I mean, everyone knows that Xbox One is superior, so yeah, may the best debator win. I will be waiting for your response

Why the Playstation 4 is superior

For the most part, both the performance of both systems are nearly identical, but the the PS4 does have a slight edge.

Both of these systems an 8-core x86-64 AMD Jaguar processor with 8GB of RAM, an AMD Radeon GPU and a 500GB hard drive.

PS4 has the edge in terms of resolution. For example, games such as Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Shadow of Mordor all run at full 1080p at 30 frames per second on PS4, while Xbox One gamers have to settle for 900p for those titles.

So even though the edge is minor, some gamers will notice the difference, and 900p is certainly not what you should expect from a Next-Gen system.

Size is also a big factor, as you may want to carry your system around to different T.V's as an example.

As you can see, the PS4 is certainly the smaller system, while the Xbox One is very bulky, and is even more bulkier than its Xbox 360.

Sharing Features

The PS4 has the ability to upload and share gameplay online. There are also many features in the such as live streaming, which can be useful to people who make youtube videos of gameplay.

Ill save some arguments for the next round

On to you Con!

My opponent states that the PS4 has superior hardware to the Xbox One, which is true, but really doesn't affect the gaming experience. For a wide majority of gamers that use consoles, most likely sit at least 6-10 feet away from the screen, people WILL NOT be able to tell a difference, The extra hardware in the PS4 doesn't really do much. The only way that someone would be able to tell a difference is by taking screenshots and nitpicking pixels, and looking very closely at it. No one will do that if they are playing any game what so ever.

Now my second point is price. While at first, the Xbox One had a terrible start, but Microsoft have learned from their mistakes and lowered the prices, dramatically lowered their prices. Currently, a standard PS4 will cost you $400, the Xbox One however, cost $350. During this year's Christmas time, the price was basically $300, ($350 with $50 gift card) much much cheaper. If the gaming experience is gonna be the same, why not save some dough while your at it?

The PS4 shares a couple of the features with the Xbox One, but as I'll present in my next argument, the Xbox One has far more features and will make the console more superior.

See you in the next round.

Thank you for the reply Con. Unfortunately, you said you will post your other arguments in the next round, but it is against DDO rules to past any new arguments in the last round. So all me and you can do this round is provide rebutalls.

Price: Con makes a valid point that the Xbox One is cheaper than the Ps4 by 50 dollars US. However, it is possible for you to buy a PS4 for a cheaper price. On Ebay, a PS4 sells as cheap as 340 dollars. Also, depending on your local dealers, many of them hold sales to have the price reduced.

Here are the prices for EBAY

So, it is possible to buy a Ps4 for a cheaper price.

Con still has not refuted my arguments about size.

Minhee108 forfeited this round.
Posted by KVDebates 1 year ago
can you make it to where anyone can accept? I'm not a scrub, I had to make a new account because I forgot the information to my old one. Look up "khalifv" I'm 54-2 and my only losses are because I did not have time to reply.
Posted by billden55 1 year ago
I was gonna comment until I found out he was for PS4. I am too lol.
Vote Placed by Varrack 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con dropped the lesser size arg, and both sides kind of dropped the graphics came down to the cost of each console but Con FF'd the last round so I must treat Pro's arguments as the ones holding up. Thus Pro wins.