dasedase
listeningnothearing

The Pacers aren't going to make it far this year/season.

Started: 11/17/2014 Category: Sports

dasedase

Pro

I mean, we've lost all our good players.
Paul George
Lance Stevenson
And probably many others.
We have played 10 games already this season and won 3/10! Come on Pacers! We can do better. Our biggest blowout this season so far was 108-87. We loss by 21 points(if your bad at math. And If you disagree please tell me why?
listeningnothearing

Con

First I'd like to clarify your definition of "far" this season. By far, I assume you mean making it to the playoffs or even to the second round. I argue that the Pacers will not only make the playoffs but they have a fair chance of making it to the second round.

1/ Compared to last year, Pacers have no expectations or pressure on them to succeed. Last year they were, by many analysts, favored to not only make it out of the east, but to win it all. Pacers are playing free and their coach is on a long term contact. This allows the team to play relaxed, settle into their positions and have fun on the court. They still have plenty of time to gel and build chemistry.

2/ They have an all star big man in Hibbert. Without George in the lineup, Hibbert can regain his confidence and reclaim himself as the captain of this team. Rodney Stuckey is a formidable acquisition as well. Once David West returns, Pacers have a chance to collect some wins and gain momentum.

3/ The eastern conference is weak and if the Pacers can obtain a number 6 spot or greater, they can have a real shot at making it past the first round.

Sidenote: I am not a Pacers fan.
dasedase

Pro

BROOOO CHIILLL I'm just kidding LOL but I do agree with you though. As in far, I do mean making to like the final round with like the Heat or like the Spurs. And the Pacers have been known for not making it far like that. They have been having a rough season right now and they need to tighten that up. I bet you right now that if you Google "Pacers" then click on "News" all you see is just headlines about Lance Stevenson. The Pacers are always getting badly talked about at my school or anywhere else so they need to prove them wrong. But not at the rate they're going.
listeningnothearing

Con

If you think that's bad, Google Lakers. It's rough being a Laker fan this season and to make things worse, the Laker/Kobe haters are out in full effect.

Anyway, this is my first debate so I wanted to go hard in the poInt. Good luck to your squad.
dasedase

Pro

AY BRO this my first debate too bruhh but uh, I guess we just have to wait and see I guess.
listeningnothearing

Con

listeningnothearing forfeited this round.