royalpaladin
imabench

The Partners of Adulterers Should Be Held Accountable

imabench

royalpaladin

Con

Imabench claims that Amanda Todd deserved to be beat because she slept with another girl's boyfriend (I will post quotes if he denies this and pretends that he doesn't believe this). I would like him to justify his claim that the partners of adulterers should be held accountable for their actions.

Clarification: The situation is one in which an individual who has willingly tied himself to another sleeps with another individual who has not made any such promise. Imabench needs to prove that this free individual should be held accountable.
imabench

Pro

"Imabench claims that Amanda Todd deserved to be beat because she slept with another girl's boyfriend"

Here are my remarks regarding the fight that Amanda Todd got into for having sex with a guy who was in a relationship with someone else, and doing so while she was 15.

Tulle: "Secondly, sleeping with someone's boyfriend doesn't give anyone the right to beat you up."
Me: "It certainly does here in the South"

http://www.debate.org...

First, I was simply making an observation that here in the deep South, a large number of people believe that if a girl finds out her boyfriend had sex with a whore, then that girl has the right to beat the whore up. Apparently Royal thought I said something completely different but that was not my intent and I apologize if thats how my statements came off.

Second, I do not believe that any random person has the right to beat up someone for sleeping with some other girls boyfriend, which was Tulle's statement. The girlfriend maybe has a right to at least confront her, but not anybody you pull off the street has the right to beat her up.

Third, I did not say that Amanda Todd DESERVED to be beat. I would agree that she put herself in the situation to get beat and that she is partially to blame for being such a whore in the first place, but I do not believe she deserved to get physically abused for being such a whore.

Now that thats clarified though, lets focus on the resolution of the debate

The Partners of Adulterers should be held accountable for their actions.

I will argue that if a man cheats on his girlfriend by having sex with a whore who is not a prostitute, then the man and the whore should be held accountable for their immoral actions. Royal will argue that women should be allowed to whore around with any men they want and not be held accountable for their actions.

"Clarification: The situation is one in which (a guy) who has willingly tied himself to (his girlfriend) sleeps with another (girl) who has not made any such promise. Imabench needs to prove that this free individual should be held accountable."

I wish to also clarify that this free individual
1) Has a past of being a slut,
2) Knew very well that the man she was having sex with was currently in another relationship,
3) I think the promise being referred to is that Amanda Todd did not promise to have sex with the guy in a relationship with someone else until he dumped his girlfriend and asked her out. I ask that Royal clarify what 'promise' wasnt made in case im off.

I am guessing first round is for acceptance and clarifications so I will now allow Royal to make her arguments.
royalpaladin

Con

I'm done debating this. Take a free win and be proud of yourself.I don't care; just never talk to me again.
imabench

Pro

you pestered me with these debate challenges and when I finally accept one you just FF?

figures....
royalpaladin

Con

royalpaladin forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

Airmax/Freedo for president!
royalpaladin

Con

royalpaladin forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

I know no arguments were presented for either argument.... But I ask for the conduct vote since Royal pestered me with these debate challenges and then FF every round the one time I accepted one.....
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
Aww, lame forfeit. This is a juicy topic.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 5 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
royalpaladinimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceided in R2, but let the clock run out for the rest of the debate. Normally I give the conceder one point for ending the debate rather than letting it drag on, but RP didn't do that, so all points to Pro.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 5 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
royalpaladinimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited.