Claudz
SmellyPoo

The People Should Have Greater Control About The Decisions Politicians Make

Claudz

Pro

Basically, in this arguement, I am protesting about the idea that 'when there is a policy that gives more power to the people, the politicians have to make lots of rules to make sure we don't take advantage of it. But when there is a policy that gives power to the politicians, they claim that they are completely trustworthy, and always 'do the best for Australia (or whatever country you come from)'.

I am not suggesting that they are completely evil, parasitic people who are ready to immediately do shady deals and embezzle millions of dollars. I am just saying that they are people, same as us. They are not completely just aand fair, and are just as likely to double cross people as us. They are not perfect. And that w should do steps to ensure that all they do is the best for us.
SmellyPoo

Con

Why is it that u want da free choice but if It came wat would u do wit it ? No

Da politicans are not corrupt they are looking out for us with clean sewers and closets etc

da prejudiced ones you are speaking of the ancient Greeks they had a council and dey had gods

or wat about da Vikings there gods had funny names

my point is that everyone has there own opinion and listen to me coming fromm a pagan heathen

you need to think about what would happen if we had greater choice do you truly believe we would make the right decisions ?

No we wouldn't so stop being Prejudice and learn the words and respect the senators
Claudz

Pro

Claudz forfeited this round.
SmellyPoo

Con

SmellyPoo forfeited this round.
Claudz

Pro

Claudz forfeited this round.
SmellyPoo

Con

SmellyPoo forfeited this round.
Claudz

Pro

Claudz forfeited this round.
SmellyPoo

Con

see im da bestest
Posted by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
I don't really know what the resolution is proposing. It seems to advocate some type of a political accountability system. But without more detail, it is difficult to accept the debate.
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
Sarcasm
Posted by sherlockmethod 6 years ago
sherlockmethod
C'mon Sieben,
You're just playing around, amirite? This can be a good debate.
Posted by Sieben 6 years ago
Sieben
No way. Politicians should be able to do whatever they want. Dick Cheney wants the best for little black children.
Posted by sherlockmethod 6 years ago
sherlockmethod
I think I see what you are saying, but you used the term "greater" without a baseline. If you mean "greater" in the respect that people should have more power than voting, protesting, leaving the country, expressing opinions in media, etc then I have to ask what you mean before I can be Con.

If you are saying that voters should vote on individual legislation or a state votes and the legislator follows the vote despite his misgivings, then we can debate. I am not being a harda@@, I just don't want to do a semantics debate.