AntChorlton
wolf24

The Pharoah's of Ancient Egypt were NOT black

wolf24

AntChorlton

Pro

There is an awful amount of misinformation out there today about Ancient Egypt being a black country with black Kings and Queens. The so called evidence they use is speculative at best but my biggest problem is that this nonsense is not only presented as fact but they claim the truth is some kind of racist conspiracy. Too many people believe this stuff for one reason or another so I'd like to debate some one with this point of view in an attempt to open their eyes to the far more fascinating truth of Ancient Egypt.
wolf24

Con

I accept your debate. I'm curious to know what you think the color of there skin was.
AntChorlton

Pro

Thank you to my opponent firstly for engaging with me.

The reason I wanted to discuss this is because I have a bad habit of reading YouTube comments and finding people getting into very heated arguments for, what I think are, all the wrong reasons. Race is still a sensitive issue for a lot of people today and my opinion is that some people let their anger, pride, prejudice, suspicion (call it what you want) cloud their judgment on issue's that are easily researchable. Personally I don't think there is such a thing as white history and black history...Only history. The idea that a group of modern day people would try to claim an historical figure as one of their own seems a little silly to me considering they lived thousands of years ago and have little in common with us.

Example. Here are some video's of the 2007 protests outside the Tutankhamun museum exhibit.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

I want to get one thing clear before I carry on. I am not saying there were no black Pharaoh's in Ancient Egypt (there were), I am saying that the Egyptian Pharaoh's in general were not black.
The fact is there was about 30 different dynasties in Egypt and they had varied backgrounds. For example King Tut (from above protests) was part of the 18th dynasty which originally came from Thebes (upper Egypt) invaded lower Egypt and defeated the Hyksos rulers who were Hebrews(13th to 17th dynasties). As I said earlier there were black Pharaoh's when the Nubian king defeated Egypt to start the 25th dynasty. There were also white pharaoh's after Alexander the Great conquered Egypt.

The argument that the Pharaoh's were black is simply false and the evidence I've seen to support this argument is highly flawed. This is the case I am presenting and will leave it there for now. I'm interested to read what my opponent presents to support the opposition case.
wolf24

Con

I'm confused. The name of this argument is "The Pharaoh's of Ancient Egypt were NOT black." and you said in your previous argument "I am not saying there were no black Pharaoh's in Ancient Egypt (there were)." So now your saying there were black Pharaoh's of Ancient Egypt?

please make this clearer.
AntChorlton

Pro

AntChorlton forfeited this round.
wolf24

Con

It was a fun debate. Hope to debate you some other time. VOTE CON!
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I have been in many black churches where they are predominately black, and I enjoy them. Their music is great. Although I do not have any rythum at all. I can stand and enjoy it. I have been in many white churches also, where the predominance is white. For some reason people who are alike tend to congregate together.In was in jail a few decxades ago and the one thing that surprised me was blacks tended to eat at one table and whites at another. There was no signs on the tables saying : whites only. There were no whites at the black tables. But there were a few blacks at the white tables. And they seemed not to have the jive mentality.Just an observation thing.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
Stop pretending that things that are obviously caused by
the major difference between the IQs of Blacks & Whites are
caused by a terrible problem - Racism !
"Racism" doesn't exist.

MLK Jr. promoted the utterly insane idea that Black = White.
("Racial Equality" )
God, Christians , & Many Others
would never accept such Nonsense.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I found that movie at Walmart in the movie bin with about 10 other westerns in the folder.I do not know anyone who would not like it.The last scene put a lump in my throat.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Who cares. One thing about the bible is that it very seldom mentions the color of a man's skin.God dealt with only two races of man. In the old testament he dealt with the gentile and the Jew. Those in covenant with him and those who were not. When David called Goliath an uncircumcised philistine.He was not being racial. He was saying, " I have a covenant with God, you do not. There can only be one outcome. I win, you lose.Today God deals with the born-again man and the unborn-again man. God is in complete agreement with Martin Luther King. It is not the color of a man's skin, but the content of his character that determines his worth.Passing laws will never change a man's heart. That is what is needed here. I have an old movie with Ernist Borgnine and Sammy Davis Jr. called trackers.It is about the old west right after the civil war. That movies shows how to deal with racism. And Sammy dealt with it with honor, not hate.
Posted by AntChorlton 2 years ago
AntChorlton
That's right...it's actually a disservice to "black history" to make these kind of false claims.
Posted by Atheist-Independent 2 years ago
Atheist-Independent
Have you ever heard of the Mali Empire or the Zimbabwe Empire. Black people have had great empires before.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 2 years ago
LogicalLunatic
What does it matter? Why not let the Blacks have themselves one great empire?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
AntChorltonwolf24Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
AntChorltonwolf24Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con clearly pointed out the flaws in Pro's burden of proof. Pro forfeited and that's what lost him conduct.