Manhole
JustinAMoffatt

The Pokeon world does not make good use of technolegy.

JustinAMoffatt

Manhole

Pro

I believe that that the Pokemon universe's technologies are not used to their full potential. The first round will be acceptation under the term that the last round be used only for rebuttals and closing statements, in other words there will be no new arguments.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

I accept your proposition. I'm Justin. I will be representing the Con team, or "Negative". I will be saying that the pokemon universe does, in fact, aptly use its technology. I hope for a great and fun debate :)
Manhole

Pro

Argument 1 pokeballs and the pokedex:
For starters the pokeball a device that can capture seemingly any creature by hitting it despite the fact that it appears to be the size of a baseball and according to Nintendo has a vast world inside (scroll down to trophy info in the link below.) as stated in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com...

Also the pokedex somehow knows the species of a pokemon encountered in battle when the user doesn't intentionally use it. To elaborate on its abilities and by extension the pokeball's, whenever a pokemon is captured in a pokeball the pokedex knows everything about that species of pokemon, e.g., what type of pokemon it is, what its weight is, its size, information in a written form about a variety of subjects ranging from behaviors (unobserved in battle.) to bodily functions, where they are from and an audio file of them labeled 'cry'. Considering this information I wonder why they haven't used the technology to fit large large volumes of space into objects which mathematically should contain small amounts of space, for reasons such as fitting the for several people to live in multiple houses worth a space without them having to live together in the space of one house. Or let military and police forces use master balls to capture enemies and/or criminals and transport them to their prisons that could be (And if they have problems with prison overcrowding, should be) huge.

Argument 2 the people who posses the pokedex are kids:
The title of this argument is correct because of that ask yourself this, why not hire several professionals to catch as many pokemon as they can then bring them back to the pokemon scientist to examine with the pokedex? Also what if an animal species was introduced couldn't they capture it get some basic information on it so they have a place to start their research?
JustinAMoffatt

Con

I thank my opponent for his response. I will now refute his arguments.

P1: Why aren't pokedex and pokeballs used for military/police purposes?
My response to this argument is simple. Who says they don't? Have you noticed rampant crime in any pokemon region? Have you ever heard of a war being conducted? (That's not including the gang wars, the explanation for these is that these gangs have the SAME technology. Just like when a nuclear power is hesitant to attack another nuclear power, so are the military and police afraid to challenge these gangs.) Clearly, pokemon trainers are living in a world free of war and petty crime. They are making full use of this technology.

P2: Kids are used to gather pokemon/info on pokemon.
Forgive my confusion, but... I don't see why this is an issue. These pokemon professors live in a free world, thanks to this technology being used to its full potential. Therefore, because of the free market, they can choose to hire whomever they wish. Do you wish to deny them this right? One could argue that hiring professionals is more efficient, but the free market principle testifies to the fact that this technology is, in fact, being used to it's full potential.

In the end, we are left with a free (and almost utopian) society. The people are happy. Technology is thriving. There is no war. There is little crime. If anything, this MUST be the greatest use of the technology available to the people of the pokemon universe.
Manhole

Pro

Manhole forfeited this round.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

I do not know where my opponent is, or why he hasn't responded. I will not count this debate as forfeit if he returns in time for the next round.
Manhole

Pro

Manhole forfeited this round.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

I hope my opponent will come back soon...
Manhole

Pro

Manhole forfeited this round.
JustinAMoffatt

Con

Oh well. Guess it's a FF.
Posted by DebateGirl221 4 years ago
DebateGirl221
I must say, this is an interesting argument indeed. I am a bit of a fan of Pok"mon myself, and I understand what both of you are saying. I look forward to hearing the rest of your arguments.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 4 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
ManholeJustinAMoffattTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
ManholeJustinAMoffattTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. This is the main reason to avoid first timers.
Vote Placed by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
ManholeJustinAMoffattTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by ClassicRobert 4 years ago
ClassicRobert
ManholeJustinAMoffattTied