The Problem of Evil

First round is for response to my arguments. If you forfeit any round you lose the debate.
No new arguments may be introduced in the last round. (Voters please comply)

1. If God exists, then He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.

2. If God is omnipotent, then He can do anything that is possible.

3. If God is omniscient, then He knows everything that is true.

4. If God is omnibenevolent , he knew that an evil and unnecessary suffering was about
to occur and that he could have prevented it, then He would have prevented it.

5. If God had prevented all evil and unnecessary suffering, then there wouldn't be any.

6. There are evils and unnecessary sufferings that could have been prevented.

7. God does not exist.

God : the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by
Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe. [a]
Omnipotent: Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful. [b]
Omniscient: One having total knowledge. [c]
Omnibenevolent: All-loving, or infinitely good. [d]
Evil: Morally bad or wrong. [e]
Unnecessary: Anything that is extra or not needed. [f]
Suffering: To experience pain, illness, or injury. [g]

A: Evil and Unnecessary Suffering
The argument shows the logical inconsistencies between God, evil and unnecessary
suffering. One of the ways to get around the argument is to relax one of the attributes of God, but this leads to a God who is not worthy of worship and denies the God of monotheism.. Another way to get around the argument is to deny that evil and unnecessary suffering exist, but this will be hard to do since it is an empirical fact that evil and unnecessary suffering exist.

One example of evil and unnecessary suffering is the Fritzle case:

Few will forget the morbid details of Elisabeth Fritzl's tortured life. The 42-year-old Austrian woman was discovered in 2008 after being held captive by her father for 24 years in a dark, subterranean dungeon in Amstetten, Austria. He was sentenced to life in prison after confessing that he raped his daughter more than 3,000 times, fathering seven live children and one stillborn. She delivered all her babies alone, cutting the umbilical cords with a pair of rusty scissors. "I always knew, during those 24 years, that what I was doing was wrong. I must have been mad to do something like that," he told the court during his trial. Fritzl's wife claimed she had no idea what was going on downstairs, even though she raised five of her daughter"s children in the house above the dungeon. [h]

Where was God is this horrific event of evil and unnecessary suffering. This of course is only one story among so many that I couldn't possible count. Why didn't God prevent this from happening? The Con will needs to explain why God would allowed this to happen.

The second example is

The earthquake that generated the great Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004 is estimated to have released the energy of 23,000 Hiroshima-type atomic bombs, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Giant forces that had been building up deep in the Earth for hundreds of years were released suddenly on December 26, shaking the ground violently and unleashing a series of killer waves that sped across the Indian Ocean at the speed of a jet airliner. By the end of the day more than 150,000 people were dead or missing and millions more were homeless in 11 countries, making it perhaps the most destructive tsunami in history. [i]

What was the purpose behind this unnecessary suffering of millions of people? Did it have a purpose in the grand scheme of God and humanity?

B: Heaven without Evil and Unnecessary Suffering
God could have made earth without evil and unnecessary suffering. My example of this potential is heaven. If God could make a heaven without these negative proponents, then he could have made earth the same way, or bypassed earth all together.

C: Paradoxical Problems
The best possible answer to the problem of evil is that God as defined above does not exist, and cannot possibly exist logically. The first problem is with the omnipotence paradox:
"...if a being can perform any action, then it should be able to create a task which this being is unable to perform; hence, this being cannot perform all actions. Yet, on the other hand, if this being cannot create a task that it is unable to perform, then there exists something it cannot do."

If God is all knowing, then he knows the past, present and future. If he knows the future, then he has had fore-knowledge of every disaster, tragedy, murder, rape, death, war, etc. that has ever occurred. Therefore, he always chose not to intervene and prevent these terrible things from happening. This paradox encompasses both omniscience and omnibenevolence.

D: What this argument does not prove:
This argument does not prove that all other possible gods do not exist, just the God defined by monotheistic religions as stated above in terms defined.

I look forward to a stimulating debate!

[b] [c] [e];

My first response after reading your stuff

-God does not exist at all.
-The 2004 tsunami is caused when the solar system formed, rocks crashed each other at high speeds, creating friction and heat. (Of course, indirectly)
-The Earth was a ball of fire 4.6 billion years ago because of the friction.
-The outer layers of the Earth cooled down, but not the inner layers.
-Those caused convection in the Earth's interior.
-They caused plates to move at a few centimeters a year, enough in a thousand years and BOOM!!!!!!
-God did not do all this stuff, it's science.

Just so you know and if you're curious.

I can see that my valuable time in putting together my arguments has gone to waste. It makes me so angry when people are daft, I guess I should have made the obvious stipulation that I require an opponent that identifies with the God that was clearly stated in my arguments, perhaps this is my fault. I didn't need an atheist to explain to an another atheist (me) the the nature of the world (scientifically).
But since I am not willing to forfeit or lose a debate over someones ignorance I will continue this debate anyways.

The CON concedes that an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent God does not exits, therefore the debate is over. So much for a stimulating debate. I will post this debate again with the necessary stipulations to avoid this problem from happening.

Vote PRO

What's the evidence that God exists?

Science is what gives us technology, cures and stuff.
God is what is just nonsense. You're a fool.
It is a waste because you have no evidence that God exists.

I am a fool? That is funny, perhaps you should read the first argument again. But read it slowly so maybe you will understand what you are responding to, and if that doesn't work, then go to my profile and check it out.

You people can Vote for con if you

I read your profile and I reread the first statement, slow as a snail.

And I still think that the 2004 tsunami is indirectly caused by the rubbing of rocks 4.6 billion years ago. Read my first statement again. This is science. Learn Earth Science.

Some evil are caused by bad decisions. The people in Germany voted for Nazis in 1933, and they're an evil party.

So praying for God is just as useful as using lots of expired hydrochloric acid to kill bacteria in wounds.

And God did none of those things, learn some science.

This is so funny at least some people will get a laugh.

Okay, I'll explain it to you. I am an atheist, I do not believe in God, my arguments, if you actually understood them, are argument against a God. So stop already, this is not a debate. This is you making a fool of yourself to all who are viewing this nonsense.

"I read your profile and I reread the first statement, slow as a snail."

I think your slow as a snail....get a clue dude!

I am officially retracting this debate.

Fine. I will abandon this debate. See you around.

Please do not vote on this debate, both the Pro and the Con have agreed that there was a misunderstanding and the debate is now void.

Eliteninja forfeited this round.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
The only place, in the whole Solar System, that evil exists, is in the minds of a few humans
and, even they think that they are good.

The rest of the WHOLE Solar System is without evil
Posted by Projectid 3 years ago
Okay, tell me what culture says that raping and murdering children is morally good. I can easily say that these things are evil. As for the Christian God, I guess you would have to say every thing that we would hold today as being morally wrong, was okay for God to to because he is justified. Morals have evolved way beyond the Bible and its God.
Posted by Duncan 3 years ago
Hold on there, how do you define Evil? Morals are different for every culture, if you go by Christian values, anything God does is morally justified, making his decision to allow Evil to continue Good. You can't really define Evil because it is a kind of stereotype of other people or actions you don't approve of.