brian_eggleston
johngriswald

The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) was gay

johngriswald

brian_eggleston

Con

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the Prophet Mohammed (may Allah exalt him and grant him peace) was homosexual and I defy my opponent to argue otherwise.

I won't add any more than that at this stage but would ask my opponent to note that, given that fatwa's are issued for such seemingly trivial offences against Islam as depicting The Prophet Mohammed (may the blessings of Allah be upon him) in cartoon form (1) or naming a teddy bear after him (2), I have a presentiment that, by accusing The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) of being gay, my opponent will attract a decidedly negative reaction from the Muslim community.

For that reason, I would like to take what may well be my only opportunity to thank my opponent for having the courage to accept this debate, which I have deliberately limited to just two rounds because I wouldn't like to win because he or she had to forfeit the subsequent ones.

(1) http://news.bbc.co.uk...
(2) http://news.bbc.co.uk...
johngriswald

Pro

Mohammad was gay. I have fought bears upon the mountainside and smote them down with my mighty powers. I fear no mortal man nor stupid muslim.

Definitions:
Gay - A man or a god in man form that is homosexual or has arousing homosexual desires.
Homosexual - Sexually attracted to members of your own sex

Evidence for Mohammad being a gay:

1. Bukhari :: Book 4 :: Volume 52 :: Hadith 143
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet said to Abu Talha, "Choose one of your boy servants to serve me in my expedition to Khaibar." So, Abu Talha took me letting me ride behind him while I was a boy nearing the age of puberty. I used to serve Allah's Apostle when he stopped to rest. I heard him saying repeatedly, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from distress and sorrow, from helplessness and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from being heavily in debt and from being overcome by men."

SOURCE: http://www.quranexplorer.com...

���‚���For it was narrated by Fatimah Bint Asad, the mother of Ali ���‚�" may Allah be pleased with her ���‚�" who related that when she gave birth to her son, it was the prophet who named him Ali and the prophet spat in Ali���‚��„�s mouth THEN ALLOWED HIM TO SUCK ON HIS TONGUE till he fell asleep.

SOURCE: Syrian Biography of Muhammad written by Al-Amin Al-Ma���‚��„�moun, Chapter Title: ���‚��"The first people to believe in the prophet.���‚����

Narrated by Hisham Ibn Kasim, narrated by Huraiz, narrated by Abdul Rahman Ibn Abu Awf Al Jarashy, and narrated by Mua���‚��„�wiya who said, ���‚��"I saw the prophet (pbuh) sucking on the tongue or the lips of Al-Hassan son of Ali, may the prayers of Allah be upon him . For no tongue or lips that the prophet sucked on will be tormented (by hell fire).

SOURCE: ���‚��"Musnad Ahmad,���‚���� Hadith number: 16245, Volume Title: ���‚��"The Sayings of the Syrians,���‚���� Chapter Title: ���‚��"Hadith of Mu���‚��„�awiya Ibn Abu Sufyan,���‚����

SURA LII:24

"And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls."

SURA LXXVI:19

"They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like scattered pearls to the beholders."

SOURCE: http://www.fordham.edu...

���‚��"���‚��� So Salamah went and talked with the prophet but he did not respond to her. When the group asked her what the prophet said she told them that he did not respond. So they asked her to go talk to him again until he responds���‚��� then the prophet said to her, ���‚��"Do not hurt me with Aisha, for the inspiration did not come upon me when I was IN A WOMAN���‚��„�S GARMENT (fee thawb imra���‚��„�ah) EXCEPT THAT OF AISHA.���‚����

SOURCE: (Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Number 2393)

���‚��"Narrated Ibn Shehab: when he was asked about adult suckling he said; Abe Hozaifa one of the companions of the messenger of God has adopted a boy named Salem, then when God descended a verse in his book concerning Zaied Ibn thabet abating the adoption saying: call them after their fathers (meaning that to attribute those adopted sons to their biological fathers) , Salma the wife of Abe Hozaifa came to the messenger of God saying: we had an adopted son named Salem, he was getting into my house while I was wearing one dress , after the adoption was abated , my husband Abe Hozaifa hated to see him getting into my home, while I am in such way, so what do you think?, how can I deal with that? The prophet replied her: then let him suck from you five times, and then he will be forbidden to you (as it was thought that if one sucks from a woman, he will be like her son)? She said surprisingly: how could I suckle him while he is a full grown man? Then the prophet smiled and said: I know that he is a full grown man. She went out and followed that advice and allowed the man to suck from her, she came back to the prophet saying I suckled him, now I don't find anything wrong with my husband any more (1)

This story about Adult suckling was mentioned in:

- Sahih Muslim, converse number 3663, 3674

- Mawtte' malek

- Sonan Al-Nyssa'y

- Sonan Al-Bayhaky

- Sonan Ibn Majah

- The abrogator and abrogated by Abe-Gaefar Al-Mansour, page124

- And other exegesis

The Adult suckling issue is among the subjects studied in Al-Azhar University for the students of the third grade

Dr Abdul-Mahdy Abdul-Kader Abdul-Hady one of Al-Azhar professors said about this: this converse is true and considered among the highly truthful converses , and can't be denied by any honest researcher, it is considered a medal on the chest of Islam.

SOURCE: ("Answering skepticism on the Mohammedan Sunnah" by Dr Abdul-Mahdy Abdul-Kader Abdul-Hady, page.97.103)
SOURCE: http://www.fatherzakaria.net...

So as my opponent can clearly see, Mohammed was not only gay, but he was a disgusting pervert. Additionally he was both gay and straight and thus can also be considered bisexual. Need more proof that he was a pervert? Do we have any muslims in the audience that still face doubt?

Mohammed married a six year old girl and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old.

Narrated Aisha:
���‚��"The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.���‚����

SOURCE: (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Finally since my opponent argued that there was absolutely nothing to suggest that he was gay, he has been disproved in his resolution which stated "There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the Prophet Mohammed (may Allah exalt him and grant him peace) was homosexual"

Also LOL @ Eggleston he is ridiculously hilarious and if he ever visits my state, I'll meet up with him and buy him a beer.
brian_eggleston

Con

First of all, my sincere thanks must go to my brave opponent John Griswald, the bear-wrestling debater from Colorado!

I must say that my initial reaction to my opponent's revelations about The Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) was one of complete shock.

It appeared that not only was The Prophet a screaming homosexual but he was also a depraved sex pest and a filthy paedophile as well.

But then I re-read my opponent's arguments and, thankfully, all is not what it seems.

For example, in the passage about the boy servant overhearing The Prophet say "O Allah! I seek refuge…from being overcome by men," he meant being defeated by men, not men coming over him.

Then there were various references to The Prophet kissing other men, but kissing other blokes doesn't make a man gay – at least not according to JOHN TRAVOLTA:

http://www.canada.com...

Moving on to The Prophet dressing up in women's clothes. Again, this in itself doesn't make a man gay – at least not according to JASON DONOVAN:

http://www.priscillathemusical.com...

Regarding the question of The Prophet sleeping with children, that in itself doesn't make a man a paedophile – at least not according to MICHAEL JACKSON:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now, The Prophet's practice of going about sucking women's nipples in public would seem to fly in the face of Islamic tradition where women are supposed to hide their beauty, even to the point of wearing a veil. I remember admonishing a group of young men who called something rude out to a passing Muslim girl. I told them it was very offensive to shout "get your t1ts out for the lads" to women of the Islamic faith and that it would be much more appropriate to shout "get your face out for the lads" instead. Anyway, it seems that I was wrong and Muslim girls in fact consider it their religious duty to let blokes suck their nipples, but never mind that, the point is that The Prophet liked his jubblies as much as the next man.

Finally, we come to the issue of The Prophet spitting in babies' mouths and then French kissing them. Well, all I can say is that that's just plain wrong – in any country and at any point in time and I can fully understand why my opponent described The Prophet as a "pervert".

Nevertheless, not all perverts are gay and it is no longer considered appropriate to describe all gays as perverts so my contention still stands that The Prophet Mohammed (may Allah's blessings be upon him) was not gay.

johngriswald

Pro

I must thank my opponent for his overwhelming argument. Never have I seen such overwhelming evidence. I think all Americans can trust in the words of true heroes such as John Travolta, Jason Donovan, and Michael Jackson.

Since my opponent has given irrefutable proof sustaining his affirmation, I'm afraid I will have to concede this argument.

Prophet Mohammed was not gay, instead he was merely a child molesting pervert who sucks on girls nipples in public, kisses men, dresses up in womens clothes, sleeps with children, spits in children's mouths and then french kissing them, and marries and has sex with 9 year old girls.

I would like to thank my opponent for this argument and urge all voters to Con.
Posted by Ikaika 2 years ago
Ikaika
I am a little late for a comment but this was not even a debate. Brian had no defense and none of his reasons hold any water. What an Idiot
Posted by BennyW 4 years ago
BennyW
Greatest debate on Islam in the history of (ops gotta go they just announced a fatwa against me0.
Posted by gamemaster 6 years ago
gamemaster
Total pwnage
Posted by ZT 7 years ago
ZT
How pro concede the debate and win anyway?
Posted by johngriswald 7 years ago
johngriswald
I'm up for it.
Posted by InsertNameHere 7 years ago
InsertNameHere
"LOL @ lack of muslim backlash"

Hey, we can give some if you want us to. :P
Posted by JeremyPearl 7 years ago
JeremyPearl
Great debate
Posted by johngriswald 7 years ago
johngriswald
LOL @ lack of muslim backlash
Posted by Freeman 7 years ago
Freeman
lol @ eggleston
Vote Placed by EHS_Debate 7 years ago
EHS_Debate
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by versaill24 7 years ago
versaill24
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by JeremyPearl 7 years ago
JeremyPearl
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by KRFournier 7 years ago
KRFournier
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by dvdbwn 7 years ago
dvdbwn
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by Procrastarian 7 years ago
Procrastarian
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by StephenAlsop 7 years ago
StephenAlsop
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by True2GaGa 7 years ago
True2GaGa
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by rulerofeden 7 years ago
rulerofeden
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied
Vote Placed by dogparktom 7 years ago
dogparktom
brian_egglestonjohngriswaldTied