Adam2isback
Wylted

The Puerto Rican Day parade "Seinfeld" episode was banned for being "anti-white"

Wylted
Started: 6/10/2015 Category: Arts

Adam2isback

Pro

I will argue the case in point.
First round is for acceptance
Wylted

Con

The show was banned in the United States for perceived racism against Puerto Ricans. Likely as a result of some white yuppies caving to the ridiculous outrage of a few humorless Hispanics. The Hispanic countries that air Seinfeld, don't even ban the show, but all that is beside the point. Good luck proving a show pulled from the air for being offensive to Puerto Ricans, was pulled for being anti-white.
Adam2isback

Pro

Actually it's quite easy to explain. Let me ask my wonderful audience: who are the Visigothic people? They are the Germanic conquerers of Spain that conquered Spain falling the Germanic kingdoms' (Ostrogoths, Vandals, Goths), thus giving the Spanish people a variety of surnames we know -- Guzman, Gonzalez, Rodriguez, Ramirez, Sanchez, Velasquez, Vasquez, Cruz, Lopez, etc. The majority of people who protested the Puerto Rican Day episode (and Puerto Rico is definitely the whitest of all countries in Latin America, after Argentina) were predominantly of those surnames. I should note that given the tone of the episode, it is set up more like a lynching than anything else, typical of white lynch mobs in 20th century America. Never once, do any of the protesters complain of racism. In fact, a good amount of the ones who want to literally have Kramer lynched look much whiter than he does.

Also, remember, "Hispanic," unlike other historically oppressed groups, like the Italians, Germans, Greeks, Arabs, Palestinians, English, Irish, Russian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Native Americans, "Hispanic" is not always a minority. Many of the Hispanics, especially in countries like Puerto Rico (and it shows that mostly those with non-Visigothic surnames move to America because they receive unfair racist treatment in their own country -- hence why so many Puerto Ricans in America tend to be Garcias, Riveras, Adrieannas), are of Germanic/Israeli ancestry.

I should note that it wasn't even a Spanish man but someone of obvious British ancestry (Scottish) who tried to get this episode banned ahead of time (Manuel Mirabal).
http://www.nytimes.com...
https://www.houseofnames.com... (according to here Mirabal is a Saxon surname that survived the Norman settlement of 1066).
Wylted

Con

Wylted forfeited this round.
Adam2isback

Pro

As you can see Visigoths (those of Nordic stock wanted it banned) were responsible for banning this episode -- non-Visigoths wanted it aired.
Wylted

Con

I won't waste too much time with this. My opponent has simply made such a weak and pathetic case, that it has no ground to stand on and is completely irrelevant to the topic. I'll take my time to spell it out more, but honestly I should be able to forfeit every round and win this.

The PuertoRican day parade episode was pulled because some people viewed it as disrespectful or hateful to Puerto Ricans. In the episode Kramer starts stomping on a Puerto Rican flag that was burning, and at one point there was some rioting at some point and Kramer exclaims that "It's like this everyday, in Puerto Rico". http://www.nytimes.com...

Race is mainly a social construct, so anybody identifying with Puerto Rican and viewed as Puerto Rican, is Puerto Rican for all intents and purposes. It makes no difference where you trace their origins to, and I won't even dignify my opponent's argument by even investigating it. I could use the same ridiculous arguments to argue that all men and women are African, as that is where the human race came from. It's irrelevant and beside the point, and it fails to identify race as a social construct.

Let's just assume that you do find that Puerto Ricans are white, it's still a ridiculous argument to make. It's like if my opponent. Said all Nazis were ignorant and then I called it an anti white statement. It wouldn't be an anti white statement, it is merely and anti nazi statement, the fact that all or most Nazis are whit is irrelevant and beside the point, the criticism of a subset of a race, isn't criticism of the race.

Voters, award me the win, because my opponent has made irrelevant arguments. I'd also remind the voters that they are allowed to refrain from awarding conduct points if they find my opponent's arguments offensive. I don't need to be docked for the missed round
Adam2isback

Pro

First of all, my opponent couldn't even come up with an argument which is why he didn't post. And he also claims my posts are pathetic (not that it bothers me, because he's too confused about this subject to even know what to say)

But I'll continue
Sense of entitlement, much? Forfeiting automatically makes you lose.

The PuertoRican day parade episode was pulled because some people viewed it as disrespectful or hateful to Puerto Ricans. In the episode Kramer starts stomping on a Puerto Rican flag that was burning, and at one point there was some rioting at some point and Kramer exclaims that "It's like this everyday, in Puerto Rico". http://www.nytimes.com......
It could be seen as hateful, but then again, Puerto Ricans are not necessarily a minority either.
https://en.wikipedia.org...
https://www.houseofnames.com...

The man who led the movement was of Anglo descent by the way. You didn't refute.

Except Puerto Rican is not a race, but a country. And given that the Visigothic countries did conquer Spain at one point -- there's a hell of a lot of Visigothics. A lot of Hispanics particualry those descendend from the Visigiothics, were actually not discriminated against the way the Italians, Irish or Germans were. Many were actually Protestant or Jewish (and Pentecostalism is big in Latin America; Pentecostalism is an offshoot of Methodism).
https://books.google.com...
Cubans were considered white according to this.
Many portrayed in the episode actually looked whiter than Kramer himself.

Except, contrary to what con might be trying to implying, Nazism wasn't about Nordic supremacy. Here's a statement made by Hitler.
http://www.debate.org...;

(I didn't wanna post it here because it would take too much space)
Taken from: http://www.amazon.com...
Again, Puerto Ricans are not a race. Also unlike Chinese or Native Americans or Indians, Puerto Ricans in large are white. There was an episode where one of the characters says "Chinaman" but it's more an outdated term than one of racial offense, the way "chink" is.

Entitlement such? You don't get points because you don't like my argument. I haven't said anything offensive.

I have proved that the Puerto Rican Day episode was canned for being anti-white. Vote pro.
Wylted

Con

My opponent spends a lot of time attempting to prove Puerto Ricans are white. This is not even relevant to the debate. The debate is about whether the episode of Seinfeld was banned for being anti-white. My opponent has argued about whatever ethnicity the people raising a fuss over that Seinfeld episode were, and ignores what the episode got banned for. All Nazis are white, but if I condemn Nazis I'm not being anti-white, I'm being anti nazi. Just like the show was banned for being offensive to Purti Ricans, regardless of the ethnicity of people residing in the region.

My opponent has the burden of proof here, and has refused to debate the resolution, instead focusing on a red herring. My opponent is also trying to extend the debate into the comment section right now, forfeiting any right he has to conduct points. Either the conduct points are off setting, or I win the conduct points.

Vote con, because the pro side has forgot what he was arguing against and has resorted to incoherent rambling. Vote con, because con actually made arguments relevant to the debate.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
It's not so much a penalty as the fact it can't be used. It's part of DDO rules that you can only consider what is written in the debate, not pull from outside things, such as the comment section.
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
@ Wylted
If something happened by mistake, I can't be penalized for that.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Only what is within the debate can be considered by judges. Posting those things are pointless.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Another thing. I was trying to post the video to the episode, and it didn't go through either, so here,
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
http://www.debate.org... Here's the link
I posted it exactly like that, and for some reason it didn't go through
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
I posted the right link that is. It's a glitch that happens here a lot.
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
Technically, the link I gave for some reason didn't go through -- I posted the link, so it wouldn't be fair to penalize me for doing this, because I posted the link as it was.

"At present, besides applying the term "race" to the white, yellow, and black races"which cannot scientifically be justified and grounded as a valid categorization"it is customary within the white race, for example, to designate the Semites and the Aryans as "races." Among the Semites, one counts the Arabs, the Israelites, the Egyptians, perhaps also the Persians, and possibly several other tribes. Among the Aryans are the Germans, the Romans, the Slavs, and several others"for example, the Celts. But then again, it"s not quite as simple and clear-cut as I am making it sound. For through the migrations of nations; through Roman military despotism; through the major campaigns of conquest carried out by such groups as the Huns, the Magyars, the Tartars, and the Turks; through medieval dynastic measures and contemporary economic intertwining of interests; displacements and admixtures occurred that have hardly preserved "pure" races, generally speaking. At the very least, within the families of nations and within the major races"that is, the Aryan, the Semitic, and so forth"strong reciprocal actions occurred, even biologically...Of special interest in this regard is the development of the Jews...And we can say that in great measure retained purity. the Jewish people, may be the only people of our history and OUR MEDITERRANEAN REGION that has remained pure." This is what Hitler said according to Otto Waganer in http://www.amazon.com...

Notice how he used "OUR MEDITERRANEAN REGION" as though he's considering the region his own.
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
PatriotPerson
I was right about "Friends" fans like you. Arrogant, know-it-alls, hating on "Seinfeld".... you just think it's an inferior show to be mocked right?
Posted by Adam2isback 1 year ago
Adam2isback
PatriotPerson
Then you shouldn't put a name at all. Normal people don't see that and don't think it's their surname.
Vote Placed by Death23 1 year ago
Death23
Adam2isbackWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=RgJfgqV3