Narua
Typhlochactas

The Ragdoll is the best breed of cat.

Typhlochactas

Narua

Pro

Round one is for acceptance.
Typhlochactas

Con

Ave!

Vale!
Narua

Pro

Mind you, this is my first ever debate.

-Companionship-
The Ragdoll cat is, perhaps, the most affectionate cat breed available. The dog is known as man's best friend, yes, but this cat is known as man's best companion. This has even earned them the title of "puppy cat". They love being around people and they care for their owners. When hurt, the cat will not leave its owner's side for anything other than food and water. This comes from personal experience, as I have owned a ragdoll cat that did this for my mother many times. These cats are considered some of the best cats when it comes to small children, next to the Manx and Birman.
It does not play too entirely rough and will stop when the child appears in pain, surprisingly enough. This, though, could be from their trait of not being fighters. These cats are lovers. They are known forretrieving toys, loyalty to its owner(s), following its owner(s) around everywhere, attention to what its owner(s) are doing all the time and being very devoted to its owner(s).

-Compatability with other pets-
The Ragdoll, being the lover that it is, loves to be around other pets such as dogs, cats, lizards (larger ones such as monitors since this cat can be up to 3 times the size of other ordinary housecats.), and birds. It will, sometimes, test the limits of these animals, however. Not too much, though, as not to ruin a possible companionship. Just simply to play.

-Need for attention-
Despite their need for human attention, it isn't exactly too much. You can simply play with them here and there and still have plenty of time for yourself. Ragdolls,as kittens, are much more easily entertained and will play with just about anything they see that may sparkle, dangle, or fly around the house than adults. (Despite adults being easily entertained, just with fewer things) They require little to no grooming and when they do require it, the grooming session can take less than 20 minutes since their fur tends to be soft and fine.

-Attractiveness-
When I say this, I mean the fur, ears, eyes, etc.Their sizes vary from small as an American shorthair to 3 times bigger than that. Their eyes are a deep blue that are a simple oval shape, as opposed to the almond or circular shape of other breeds of cats, which I don't find go too well with a cat. Their fur is soft and is often conpared with that of a rabbit. Their legs, face, ears, and tail are all darker than the rest of the body, which is commonly thought of as cute by cat owners.

-Personality-
Now, this cat is one of the calmest cats you can ever own. They, as I stated above, enjoy being around humans 98% of the time. They enjoy all types of affection from the youngest of people, to the oldest. They enjoy being held like babies and they tend to go limp when being held as that they can let themselves get into a more comfortable position while being held.
Typhlochactas

Con

Ave!

Con Argument

P1: In order for the Ragdoll to be the best breed of cat, there must be an objective standard of what is and isn't a good cat.
P2: There is no reason to believe that such a standard exists.
C: The Ragdoll cannot be the best cat.

Logical Formulation: For X to be true, there must be a Y. There is no Y, therefore x is not true.

Response to Pro
Pro lists the following traits of the Ragdoll to show it is the best breed: companionship, compatability with other pets, need for attention, and attractiveness. Even if I granted him all of these, there is no reason to think that these traits makes the Ragdoll the best cat. What if I said the best cat was unfriendly, incompatible with other pets, doesn't want attention, and is very ugly? There's no way for that to be disproven, because ideas of what the best cat is are only subjective.

Vale!
Narua

Pro

Well, tickly my anus and call me Samantha.
Typhlochactas

Con

Ave!

Extended.

Vale!
Narua

Pro

Narua forfeited this round.
Narua

Pro

Narua forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by LibertarianWithAVoice 4 years ago
LibertarianWithAVoice
NaruaTyphlochactasTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think we know why con won. Pm me if I am wrong.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 4 years ago
KingDebater
NaruaTyphlochactasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
NaruaTyphlochactasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Narua has forfeited his own debate.