dtaylor971
A341

The Renaissance was the Most Important Event in Medieval-Modern Era

dtaylor971

Pro

First round for acceptance means only. (Heh, I sound like a scholar.) However, some ground rules:

My BoP will be that the Renaissance was the most important event from 700-1900 C.E (Medieval Era-Modern Era). The opposition's BoP will be that the Renaissance was NOT the most important event in the Medieval-Modern era.

Important will be defined as "having the biggest impact on the world."

Medieval-Modern will be from 700 C.E to 1900 C.E.
The Renaissance is the rediscovery of Ancient art, and the event that lead to new modern discoveries, such as the discovery of the U.S or Leonardo da Vinci creating some bad-*** robots.

Structure:

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: ARGUMENTS ONLY
Round 3: REBUTTALS ONLY
Round 4: POLISHING UP ONLY (no new arguments and/or rebuttals allowed.)

Rules:

Plagiarism not allowed
Forfeiture not allowed
Spamming not allowed
Trolling not allowed
Breaking structure of debate is not allowed.
Personal attacks are not allowed.

Violating ANY one of these rules results in a full loss of ALL seven points.

By accepting, these points will go unargued, and you agree to everything above. Under NO circumstances will ANYTHING in this round be changed. Good luck to the opposition.
A341

Con

I thank you for allowing me to enter this debate.
My position will be that the renaissance was not the most important event in the medieval-modern era (700-1900AD).
dtaylor971

Pro

Due to time problems, please give all 7 points to the opposition. I am sorry for wasting your, and everybody's, time.
A341

Con

You can still continue this argument is you want to
dtaylor971

Pro

dtaylor971 forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
dtaylor971

Pro

So here's how it stands:

I said give all seven points to him (7 points)
Then I forfeit (14 points)
Then he forfeits (back down to seven points.)

If my opponent forfeits agin, please tie the debate. If my pponent does not forfeit, please give all seven points to him. Thank you.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
Posted by Clarity 3 years ago
Clarity
I'm gonna have to say the Industrial Revolution was more important than the Renaissance. It so drastically changed society's morals, politics, economics, and traditions that nothing came close to it other than Agricultural Revolution.
Posted by Maria_Magalhaes 3 years ago
Maria_Magalhaes
I would just argue that Renaissance wasn't an event, but a movement. And that the event that created the conditions, so that this movement could take place was the Black Death... So in fact, the Black Death would be the most significant EVENT during the referred period (700-1900).

But basing my arguments over a technicality it's not fun...
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
I would accept, but I'm scared that I might break the rules.
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
I stated 700-1900 only
Posted by Lupricona 3 years ago
Lupricona
Oh yeah, didn't they make some big contributions to mathematics? Or they could go back to the first few centuries BC to Greek philosophy and argue that logic was very important.
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
Nah... some dude is going to throw in Islam or something and I'll have to go further than Newton...
Posted by Lupricona 3 years ago
Lupricona
Wow, yeah, and you've got Newton during the Renaissance. That's just all you need. Just say Newton for all your rounds, and you'd still win.
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
Even without Einstein, Newton's laws of physics were probably the best and most well-known in history.
Posted by Lupricona 3 years ago
Lupricona
Eh, that's like saying that Newton's phyics caused Einstein's relativity, so it's more important. I mean, yeah, Newton was more awesome than Einstein, and Newtonian physics have done more...okay so my analogy only proves your point, but...okay I've got nothing :/
Posted by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
Technically, the Renaissance caused the Enlightenment era, so I would assume the Renaissance is more important.