GThomas
van114

The SA-X is the most panic-inducing video game enemy from a non-horror franchise.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

GThomas

Pro

I firmly believe that the X parasite mimicking Samus Aran, the SA-X, from Metroid Fusion on the Nintendo Gameboy Advance, is the number one most frightening and panic-causing enemy from a non-horror game series.

Reasons

1) It constantly hunts you throughout the game, fully equipped with all of your Power Suit's abilities, while you have to run around the space station, almost powerless.

2) Since you have Metroid DNA, you are very weak to cold temperatures. The SA-X, as stated earlier, has all of your Power-ups, which of course include the Ice Beam. Getting frozen is not something you want to do if the thing that's freezing you also has Super Missiles.

3) The face. Most people who have never played Metroid Fusion will not be affected by this (http://images.wikia.com...) picture very much, but those who have played it will get chills down their spine, their hair will stand up, their heart will skip or race (mine does one then the other), and they will think of the footsteps, which brings me to my next point.

4) The footsteps. Oh, the footsteps. Imagine playing a game set on a dark space station, in a series that already has its fair share of creepiness, and then, when you hit a dead end and turn around to leave the room, the music stops. All you hear is tap, tap, tap... and you frantically look around for a hiding place. "Where did it even come from?" you'll think often in this game as it appears out of nowhere on multiple occasions. Its sprite is entering the frame. You can't find anywhere. So, you have two choices: jump over it and run, or stay and die within seconds. Escaping from it usually means hiding behind a tall structure, but sometimes it gets smart and figures out that the structure is destructible. But even if you escape, those footsteps will freak you out next time, too.

5) Last point for this round, since I'm getting a little sleepy. There are at the very least 10 SA-X on the ship, each with all your abilities. Now you're not just being hunted by something, you're being hunted by a pack of things, armed with Power Bombs and an instinctual fear of your Metroid DNA. Imagine being a snake in a mongoose troop's area. Except you can't eat them. That is scary.

Expectations for this Debate

I want no hating, fanboyism, etc. I just want a mature debate, with someone else who doesn't think the SA-X is as scary or panic-causing as a different enemy. It can be any kind of enemy, from any game, as long as they induce panic and are not from a horror series. I look forward to this debate and thank Con in advance.
van114

Con

To answer your question Alex, probably never. But let me explain myself: the great thing about a site like this is that somebody proposes general topic for debate, and anybody can accept the debate, and so begins a fruitful dialectic between two people of different points of view. What facilitates this is general topics regarding things like sports, religion, politics, philosophy- that many people can relate to and apply their life experiences to. But recently, this weird little group of people has emerged making simplistic "X is better than Y" over obscure video games 99% of the people on here have ever heard of.

So by the nature of the topic it is already exclusionary and therefore limits this site. I do have better things to do than make fun of people of this site, like work, see my friends or girlfriend, study, read, or fish. But when nothing else is happening I like to go on this site and take the latest debate proposed, and what do I find.... Dragon Ball Z crap.
GThomas

Pro

"obscure video games 99% of the people on here have ever heard of."
That's enough to make an entire round out of. Metroid is not obscure. And if it was, 99% of the people on here would NOT know what it is. And I don't know where you pulled DBZ from. If you don't want to argue with me, don't accept the debate. You obviously don't know how to use this site.

Con does not know what he is doing and has accepted a debate that he neither knows nor cares about. Vote Pro.
van114

Con

van114 forfeited this round.
GThomas

Pro

GThomas forfeited this round.
van114

Con

.My opponent clearly cannot keep up withup.
Posted by GThomas 5 years ago
GThomas
And yes, BlackVoid, I agree they're scary too. The music makes it worse. But the ghosts are just acting out of territorial self-defense. The SA-X wants you dead, and it hunts you.
Posted by GThomas 5 years ago
GThomas
Whoa, whoa, whoa. If you don't like nerds, don't interact with them. I'm sure we hate you as much as you hate us.

And if van is reading this, you're a [f word]ing dumb[a word], copying word-for-word out of the comments section.
Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
btw van used your comment a his argument hahahah
Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
Waylon, thats a terrible argument, its like justifying kicking babies because you were bored
Posted by waylon.fairbanks 5 years ago
waylon.fairbanks

Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
Waylon, when will this site be rid of people who have nothing better to do than spend all their time making fun of people ona debate site.
Posted by waylon.fairbanks 5 years ago
waylon.fairbanks
When will this site be rid of all these nerds? If I had a nickle for every time I saw a video game debate, I'd have enough to buy this site and delete all of your accounts.
Posted by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
The Chozo Ghosts from Metroid Prime still scare me. I really don't know why, but whenever I walk into an area with them I want to leave as soon as possible.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
GThomasvan114Tied
Reasons for voting decision: van114 merely copied a comment made by the user fairbanks in the comments page and did nothing to refute GThomas' case. He also had no sources, since he obviously never presented any argument whatsoever. His decision to do this also costs him points in conduct as well.