wsurin7
Golfer15

The Sabbath Day

wsurin7

Pro

In the Bible it states that the Sabbath day/Seventh-day was made for mankind and this includes a personal relationship with Jesus on His Holy day. Here is the text:Mark 2:27-28King James Version (KJV)

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath."
So we see that the Sabbath day according to Jesus statements was made for all mankind! It is your obligation to prove from the Bible that there is a text that speaks of a different day. Also you may give your interpretation of the text above. Thank you and God bless you! I look forward to a good debate.
Golfer15

Con

Hello! First off, while I may be a Christian that does not use the KJV, I will use it for all my sources against you.

As I see you are a fellow Christian, the KJV Bible will be a real source. No saying that the Bible has not been "proven real."

Thanks :)

My first question:
Where do you get that you have to worship on the Sabbath from that passage? :)

Secondly:
What denomination are you?
-I would first like to see what you believe about Christianity, Faith, Heaven, and such.

*As we look at Philippians 4:4-8 it says, "4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

^ As we see from this passage, we need to rejoice in Him always. You can always interpret this many ways, but I believe that the act of rejoicing is worshipping. When we sing, are we singing because we have to or because we want to?

Next, what is the act of worship?
Webster dictionary defines it as:
(Verb)
show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites
" treat (someone or something) with the reverence and adoration appropriate to a deity
" [ no obj. ] take part in a religious ceremony

Hopefully we agree on this.

-Nowhere in this definition does it say that worship has to be an act on a building...
-Worship could be in your home, on a road trip, in a church, so frankly anyone.
-What does the Bible say about this?
-Matthew 18:20 says:" For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
So whenever two or more are gathered, HE is there.

Please rebuttal this and proceed with your arguments :)
wsurin7

Pro

wsurin7 forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
wsurin7

Pro

wsurin7 forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
wsurin7

Pro

wsurin7 forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
Posted by wsurin7 1 year ago
wsurin7
Sorry no one has produced evidence from the Bible of a different day in which Christians should worship!!
Posted by wsurin7 1 year ago
wsurin7
Understandable, though, there are many in our world today who worship on many different days except the one Christ has claimed. Some have evidence for it and others don't. This is why I am looking for an honest debate from any Christian who claims a different day. The objective for them is to produce a different text that promotes their day of worship. Be on the look out though I am not sure any one will respond quickly enough though. I might have create another debate on different subject.
Posted by THsea 1 year ago
THsea
No thank you, and I don't see any links that you have posted in your Round 1 post...

Good luck finding someone to argue your point. I don't think you will be successful though, you should try to make an argument that has more than one side. I don't mean this disrespectfully, I just don't see how Con would even start.
Posted by wsurin7 1 year ago
wsurin7
If you would like to debate please follow the links as follows. And yes I would like to see if anyone can come up with an endorsement of any other day spoken within the Bible honoring a different day of worship.
Posted by THsea 1 year ago
THsea
I don't quite understand what the argument's focal point is. Are you trying to get someone to argue that the bible says another day of worship? That is kind of odd. I'm not sure you will get any takers, unless I read it wrong...

This is actually one of the more interesting verses from the gospels. Jesus is more likely to have said it than some other portions because it makes more sense translated from the Greek back into Aramaic. Well, really you just have to translate the word "man" and "son of man", which are the same word. Son of man is just how they said man in Aramaic.