JaredCM
16kadams

The Sabbath

16kadams

JaredCM

Pro

Ok, why are alot of people thinking that Sunday is the Sabbath? The Catholics changed it, Saturday is the true Sabbath day, not Sunday.
16kadams

Con

Nothing to refute, my case;

C1: Christian belief

About 150 years ago Christians adopted Sunday as the sabbath. Gen 2:2-3 god himself states Sunday is the sabbath, the day of rest. (1) Also in 1998 pope john paul the II asked Christians to worship Sunday as the sabbath.(1) Also the Lutheran church says Sunday is the sabbath. (1)
364 AD the sabbath day became the sabbath. (2)

"On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. " (3) acts 20:7

First day = Sunday

Also my church has a bible programe. The leaders had a whole night proving Sunday was the sabbath. (4) further more my priest also had a reading on the subject (5)

I assume this is a Christian mainly catholic debate.

Conclusion:

Sunday = the sabbath

http://en.m.wikipedia.org... (1)
http://www.letusreason.org... (2)
Youth children's catholic bible (3)
Edge catholic education class (4)
Father mike (5)
JaredCM

Pro

Okay first, I'm not against the Catholic Church, it's my belief. And when you said that scripture in acts, it doesn't mean Paul couldn't have left on Sunday, all he was saying is that he's leaving the next day. And in Genesis 22:2-3 it didn't say that the first day was the Sabbath, it said the seventh day, and if you look on a calendar, Saturday is the seventh day of the week.
16kadams

Con

Extend arguments

R1: catholic belief

I agree this is why I wanna convert, but according to our belief the pope is the magistrate and his word is law, this is a valid belief. (1) I have now won this debate as I have proven one religeon differs from the Saturday idea, also you have the BOP.

R2; calandar and genisis

The current calandar is the gregorian calandar introduced in 1582 (2) notice this happened one thousand five hundred years after the birth of Christ and the other calandars. The calandar was different, so using a modern calandar will have different results then the genisis one.

The roman lunar calandar only had 10 months (3)

So this is one of the older calandars, logically the 10 month cycle would change results.
A new calandar is a bad example.

Conclusion:

Sabbath = Sunday

Vote con!

Edge catholic Education class (1)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org... (2)
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu... (3)
JaredCM

Pro

No, the vote was not won, you have a belief, I have a belief. But one has to be right, why would God change his law. It even say's in the Bible that God will NEVER change his law, and He will NEVER change, and God doesn't lie, because if He did, we wouldn't trust Him, everyone would turn against Him. And at this time, alot of us are turned against Him, and alot of us our turning against Him. And the end times are coming soon, alot of us will not be there. Sadly :(
God is crying for us to be saved, and alot of us are turning against Him for the things of this world. This world offers nothing but hate. And he's getting ripped apart by our sins, and alot us are not obeying His word, by not keeping His Sabbath, which many think they are, but yet that road which many follow just ends up to destruction. Please don't be offended by that, but it's true.
16kadams

Con

Extend arguments

Also saying vote con/pro is normal on DDO

I have no need to refute as pro just says god is sorry. I would like to point out he has dropped all my arguments and this round he just says god is crying, I have no need to go on as I have proved my point, and pro has not retaliated. Drops = concessions so he has conceded my point. Also how do you know god is crying? So vote con as I have won refuted his case and used sources. Vote Con!
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Lol yeah.
Posted by JaredCM 5 years ago
JaredCM
Wait.........Why did I say bye?
Posted by JaredCM 5 years ago
JaredCM
Well I hope you may be with us some time, we would love to see you at our church some time. Well I don't exactly mean my church, because you probably live in U.S., or do you? Well any way it's not man's status we should go with, but God's. Hope we can talk more often. Bye :)
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
I dislike being catholic I actually agree with you but I decided to go pope status
Posted by JaredCM 5 years ago
JaredCM
I will no longer argue, because I guess you just won't give in, well nice talking to you.
Posted by JaredCM 5 years ago
JaredCM
Like I'm not trying to say your religion is wrong, well I am, but sometimes people have to live up to the truth.
Posted by JaredCM 5 years ago
JaredCM
And I know I didn't say this in the debate, but a pope can't change the Sabbath, or change a Christian law. And someone saying something doesn't make it true.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Ok..,
Posted by JaredCM 5 years ago
JaredCM
It even say's in Genesis that the Seventh Day was made Holy. And even look on a calender, which day is the seventh day of the week on it, Saturday, Sunday is the first day of the week, that's the opposite of the last day.
Vote Placed by Mr.Infidel 5 years ago
Mr.Infidel
JaredCM16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I really don't want to give this to anyone; but pro did not refute any of con's arguments.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
JaredCM16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no attempt to debate and left Cons arguments unaddressed.
Vote Placed by Angelo 5 years ago
Angelo
JaredCM16kadamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: He had sources and refuted pros remarks and his where unscathed. Con won.