kkmoehn
zman8881

The School System is Sexist (Against Boys)

kkmoehn

Pro

The school system, in the United States, is sexist against males.
Picture this: A school gymnasium full of high school students, their parents, teachers, and the principal. The principal finishes announcing the Honor Roll students and is now preparing for the big award, AKA the Top Ten of each grade. She starts with the freshmen. "Amanda, Arianna, Kayla, Vanessa, Lauren, Elizabeth, Sarah, Adrienne...etc." Notice anything in common? Yes, all ten are girls. The top 5% of the class is full of female students, when half of the class is made up of boys. How is this possible?
This is observed in classrooms all around the country: Girls who are freaking out over the slightest quiz, and boys who forget there even was a quiz.

The school system needs reform, as it is sexist against half of the population.
zman8881

Con

I accept this debate.

First of all, let me say that I am a guy in the top 5% of my class, and the #1 GPA in our class is also a guy. All you are describing is that girls received better grades than boys, meaning that they worked harder. That has absolutely nothing to do with sexism.

Looking forward to an interesting discussion on this.
kkmoehn

Pro

kkmoehn forfeited this round.
zman8881

Con

It seems that he is too busy fighting against the school system to the point that is not able to post an argument...
kkmoehn

Pro

kkmoehn forfeited this round.
zman8881

Con

kkmoehn

Pro

kkmoehn forfeited this round.
zman8881

Con

zman8881 forfeited this round.
kkmoehn

Pro

kkmoehn forfeited this round.
zman8881

Con

zman8881 forfeited this round.
Posted by Linkstart 1 year ago
Linkstart
I am going to have to some what agree with you crook. I had I teacher who focused more on the boys manner then girls. But what does being a liberal have to do with it ?
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
The worst part about the school system is that females are the dominant demographic among teachers, and since most teachers are liberal, they prefer to treat the girls in class much better than the boys.