Nicoszon_the_Great
Ruby21231

The Sith Philosophy Applied to the Real World

Nicoszon_the_Great

Nicoszon_the_Great

Pro

In this debate, I am referring to the Philosophy as well as the code of the Sith organistions seen in the fictional Star Wars universe, (extended and canon), and its application to the real world.

I believe that the Sith philosophy, if modified to a certain extent, can create a prosperous civilisation as well as launch the hypothetical nation further in the subjects of military might, educational and scientific prowess, and general productivity and commerce.

I would like my opponent to be fairly educated on the Star Wars universe as well as an educated and critical thinker. This first round will be the position declaration, the second and third will be persuasive points and responses, and the fourth will be our conclusory statements.
Ruby21231

Con

I accept your challenge.
Nicoszon_the_Great

Pro

As I stated before, I believe that the Sith philosophy, if modified to a certain extent, can create a prosperous civilisation as well as launch the hypothetical nation further in the subjects of military might, educational and scientific prowess, and general productivity and commerce.

Obviously, the sith of the fiction cannot truly exist as the Force is not a real thing, however the philosophy and tenants of the order are valid in principle. For instance, the sith code would be an excellent model for raising youths in our hypothetical nation. The concept of always acting with passion, always being deliberate and thorough, and striving for constant success and achievment is very important to raising responsible, wise, and ambitious members of society.

In systems of business and government, it would be important to constantly promote and elect the strongest, smartest, and most capable while also cutting out the weak, ignorant, and foolish in order for prosperity to occur and be maintained. This alongside the constant drive by the younger generations to make themselves greater than their predecessors,

In science, the contributors will be constantly driven to achieve, not only for themselves but for their countrymen. The more advancements a scientist would make would earn him more prestige among society as well as bring new knowledge to the people.

While ambitious people already exist in schools, politics, and science, it is not something we as a people stress or encourage among all of us to be as great as we can be, we must stress and enforce physical, mental, and social prowess in order to survive as a nation and as an individual, as well as prosper and advance beyond any who would challenge or defy us.

http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
Ruby21231

Con

Ruby21231 forfeited this round.
Nicoszon_the_Great

Pro

I suppose I will pass this round to allow con a further opportunity to debate.
Ruby21231

Con

Ruby21231 forfeited this round.
Nicoszon_the_Great

Pro

Nicoszon_the_Great forfeited this round.
Ruby21231

Con

Ruby21231 forfeited this round.
Posted by Osiris_Rosenthorne 2 years ago
Osiris_Rosenthorne
OMG!!!! Real life sith! :( .... Strong, in this one, Bogan is. Sorry, lol, I've a bit of Jedism left over from my primary school days, as well as my collectors edition of the Jedi path and the book of sith, both from my later days, :)
Vote Placed by Manastacious 2 years ago
Manastacious
Nicoszon_the_GreatRuby21231Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.