sonofzapp
austinrsell

The Sith are better than The DeathEaters!

sonofzapp

Pro

STARWARS ROCKS HARRY POTTER! Don't get me wrong cause I love Harry Potter too. It's a good story, with a good plot, and an oaky antagonist, but Star Wars is better, and the sith are way better then the deathearers in almost [note the word almost] every way shape and form. Sidious [I dunno about Vader] owns Voldermort!

I DARE ANY OF YOU TO DEFY MY DIVINE LOGIC! FOR THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE SHALL ALWAYS BE THE SUPERIOR TO DARK SORCERY!

I wanna set down some brief ground rules.

-First off, I would like my opponant to be at least somewhat informed about the Star Wars Universe.

-Secondly, try not to take this debate too seriously. Its fun to mess around every once in a while, and it tends not to piss off the starwars/harry potter fanboys too much when your just joking, but that doesnt mean that every statement should be a joke.

-Lastly, try to have fun and keep entertained. Don't just take up this debate because your bored, take it because your interested.

To the voters I would like to ask that when it comes time to debate, that you briefly explain why you voted for the person you did, and try not to be biased. Vote for the person who makes the most sense and has the most strongly backed arguments.

Well thats all I gotta say, and to my opponant; May the force by with you. Or your girly magic. Whichever you'd prefer.
austinrsell

Con

First off, I'd like to thank sonofzapp for this chance to debate an interesting topic. As requested, I am informed of the Star Wars and Harry Potter universe. One observation I'd like to make is that the topic specifically is talking about the Sith and the Death Eaters. So the claim that Star Wars rocks Harry Potter (while possibly true) has not relevance in this round.

I'm just going to go down and refute the line by line and then give a few points of my own.

His first (and only) claim is basically that Sidious is better than Voldemort. He gives you no evidence for this at all, but then dares an oppoent to "defy his divine logic." What logic? His only argument is that a SINGLE Sith Lord is better than the leader of the Death Eaters. He gives you no reason to believe this is true.

Now for my arguments.

Ever since Darth Bane began the Rule of Two, well, there's only been two Sith. Pretty simple concept. However, the Death Eaters are always looking to recruit more to their numbers. They have a MUCH larger force than the Sith are allowed to have.

Second, the Death Eaters actually kill some people. Let's just take a moment for a fatality count on both sides, starting with the Sith. (I am writing these off the top of my head so I'm sorry if I forger anyone major.)

Darth Maul: Qui-gon Jinn, maybe some other low lifes. Then he gets killed by a Jedi APPRENTICE.
Count Dooku:I can't think of anyone major that he kills. Then he gets killed by Anakin. (Clarification: Anakin is NOT Darth Vader. Any arguments made about Anakin Skywalker refer to him as the Jedi, not the Sith Lord, Darth Vader.)
Darth Vader: He kills the Trade Federation board, but seriously. That wasn't even a fight. (If you've played the video game you understand this even better. One touch and they die.) He kills Sidious. Yes, he kills his own master, and dies in the process.
Darth Sidious: I really don't think Sidious killed anoyone. You could argue that he killed Vader, but again that would killing another Sith.

Now let's go to the Death Eaters. One point I'd like to make is that in the wizarding world, basically everyone is capable of defending themselves to some extent. (Not muggles of course) But everyone I will name was a skilled witch or wizard that would have put up a fight.

The Death Deaters have killed the following: Mad-eye, Tonks, Lupin, Sirious, Dumbledore, Snape, Lily and James (technically Voldemort), Hedwig [I know not technically relevant but it made me sad. :( ], Fred, and countless other witches and wizards.

Because the Death Eaters are more powerful in number and have done more damage to the world they live in, I will ALWAYS outweigh the PRO.

Thank you for this opportunity, and I await the next rebuttal. :)
sonofzapp

Pro

First off I'd like to state that I would like it if my opponant didnt try to tell me what has relevance in a debate I STARTED! Secondly when I made the StarWars ROCKS Harry Potter comment, it was just a joke, not to be taken too seriously. The same goes for the Sidious being better then Voldermort comment. I was just f-ing around, [though I stand by what I say] but if you want me to give you some reasons as to why I believe this then allow me to go down the list.

First off Sidious was cunning, deceptive, and patient; a genius in other words. Where as Vodermort managed to [barely] gain control over Hogwarts, Sidious had all of Republic space by its throat. Where as Voldermort had a hundred or more deatheaters at him command, Sidious had tens of thousands of genetically enhanced clone troppers at his disposal and the [so called] most powerful sith lord of all time; Vader as his trained attack dog.

Sidious managed to defy all odds and destroy his enemies by turning them against each other. His ultimate goal was to put the sith in total control over the galaxy. He managed to do this in a time where the sith were all but extinct, he managed to expertly mask his dark pressence from all those around him, even the jedi despite the fact he was almost constantly surrounded by them. If you have read Darth Bane: Path of Two, then you know that that is no easy feat. Not only that but he pitted the seperatist and Republic forces against each other, and then struck them both down when they were most vulnurable, thus taking the remains of the galaxy that these two organizations controlled, and untiting them under the Imperial flag as a single intergalactic empire. All the while Sidious was putting his plan into action he was minipulating others like Vader, Tyranus, Jango, Grieveous, and Maul to do it for him. Like I said earlier; GENIUS!
On another Sidious related note, Sidious didn't actually kill many people, but like I said earlier, he was able to get others to do it for him, THATS WHY HE
WAS SUCH A GENIUS! BECAUSE HE NEVER BLOODIED HIS HANDS! He got others to do the dirt for him and then disposed of them, when they were of no more use or knew too much, that is proven in his dealings with Douku and Asajj Ventress. A few people I am sure Sidiouus killed are Mace Windu, Kit Fis Tu, and the other guy that was with them. Overall Sidious did a bunch of things Moldy Voldie was never capable of, and thuse deserves to be placed above him. I mean COME ON! Voldermort was barely capable of taking over Hogwarts, and much less the entire muggle world. HE NEVER EVEN GOT THAT FAR! Sidious on the other hand took over planets, entire galaxies, and was feared by everyone he didnt control. Not only that but he built an intergalactic Death Star to keep all of them in line, and you actually mean to tell me that Voldermort is better then him? Yeah right.

Before I begin my next rant I'd like to state that when I say sith, I mean the entire sith order, past and present. That includes anyone from Vader, to Zannah, Nihulus, all the way back to Ajunte Paul. I just wanted to clarify that for you before you tried to comepare the death toll between the Sith and the Deatheaters again. There is no comparison!

Oaky so the deatheaters may have killed a few hundred or so powerful witches and wizards thoughout the existance of their order, but to say that the death toll caused by these guys is countless is a rash overstatement. The sith on the other hand have destroyed entire planets, civilizations, races, of sentient beings, many of which have still yet to recover thousands of years later. A few examples would be when Malak destroyed Telos, Vader destroyed Leia's home planet, Nihulus destroyed Katarr, and many other planets.

Another reason the Sith are better then the deatheaters is because the sith had power over this life and the after life. A Deatheater for example could use the curse that tortures their victums mentally and physically untill their prey dies. After that there's nothing they can do with you. A sith could torture their enemies mentally, physically, and spiritually, for all eternity if they willed it. I believe the thought bomb if proof of this.

Lastly the sith could become immortal if they willed it, weather in this life or in the afterlife. Some examples are Darth Sidious, Kaan, Sion, Nihilus, Exar Kun, and Ajunte Paal. These are all men who learned immortality through the force, weather it was before or after death. Folks like Sion learned immortality through the force while still on the mortal plain, while guys like Sidious and Exar Kun, learned immortality through the force after death. While in either state these sith could still harm, minipulate, and influence the living.
A deatheater on the otherhand cannot do that. The only way a deatheater, or a magic user in general could attain immortality was either through something like the sorcerors stone, or through hollocrixes, and even those have their setbacks. If the stone was destroyed the one who's immotality clinged to it would die as well, and if one locates all of another immortal's hollowcrixes and destroied them them the warlock would be left vulnurable. If your an immortal like Sion then you cannot die unless your will to live has faultered, and if your an immortal like Exar Kun then you can only be destroyed by someone of equall or higher strength. Last time I checked, Voldermort was not more poweful then Exar Kun, so the odds of a regular deatheater being able to destroy a sith immortal are slim to none.

Well thats all I gotta say for now. I wish my oppanant the best of luck! :)
STARWARS STILL ROCKS HARRY POTTER! YAH YAH TRICK! [lol]
austinrsell

Con

austinrsell forfeited this round.
sonofzapp

Pro

[sigh] I was really enjoing this debate and I was hoping that my opponant would place his response before the deadline. Too bad. Well my argument stays the same. I listed many credible reasons as to why the sith are overall better then the deatheaters in my second round of debate and I stand by them. Anyone with half a mind could see why the sith are better, even a deatheater wouldnt dare defy a sith lord with all their nearly limitless power. The average sith were stronger, smarter, more resourceful, more cunning, more deceptive, and overall just greater then our average deatheater. The deatheaters couldnt even kill Harry Potter; who was in most cases just a pathetic, scarred, schoolboy who could barely defend himself. [though he became more powerful in the later books] I mean come on! Harry managed to escape Voldermort alive SEVEN TIMES!!! Thats five times too many for any good book series.

The deathearers couldnt kill Potter, couldnt take Hogwarts, and couldnt even take the muggle realm. They didnt even get that far! But the sith controlled entire planets, galaxies, starsystems, and destroyed many more. Whats more the sith can never truly be destroyed. For nomatter how many sith lords you kill there will always be at least one more; ready, willing, and capable of following in the footsteaps of those before him. How about the detheaters? Hmmmm, let me think. . . . . . . . .NOT!!! As far as the Harry Potter world goes, the deatheaters have been destroyed and disbanned. The sith on the other hand have not, and never will be. The sith are more powerful, more numerous, more intellegant, more fearinstilling, and will exist long after the deatheaters. Point blank, this is why the sith order is greater then the deatheater organization. Anyone weather they were a Harry Potter fanboy or not should be able to see this clearly. That is why you should vote pro.
austinrsell

Con

austinrsell forfeited this round.
Posted by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
Sidious killed Mace Windu with his lightning hand force and a few others who tried to help Windu arrest him in the third movie...he was known then as Emperor Palpatine, but still, secretly, he was on the Sith side.
Posted by flor 9 years ago
flor
yo austinrsell!!!!!!!!!
so....
i'm not going to accept your debate just yet. but someday i will!
just tellin ya
Posted by austinrsell 9 years ago
austinrsell
i agree with LM on that point. Harry Potter had a seriously crappy ending. And personally I think the Sith are a bit cooler, but I'll argue for the Death Eaters cuz I think this is an interesting topic
Posted by Rezzealaux 9 years ago
Rezzealaux
Force Storm = GG Death Eaters
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
The Sith can destroy suns (at least the most powerful anyway). Definately "better" than the death eaters (who were crappy villains in my opinion, but I won't start ranting about the crappy Harry Potter ending here).
Vote Placed by Riddick 9 years ago
Riddick
sonofzappaustinrsellTied
Vote Placed by indianajones644 9 years ago
indianajones644
sonofzappaustinrsellTied
Vote Placed by sonofzapp 9 years ago
sonofzapp
sonofzappaustinrsellTied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 9 years ago
Derek.Gunn
sonofzappaustinrsellTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 9 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
sonofzappaustinrsellTied