Rami
Theunkown

The Soviet Union did not have a capital city.

Started: 8/6/2015 Category: Funny

Rami

Con

Remember this debate? Same rules as the one you made. And even more so, no seriousness (except for these rules).
Theunkown

Pro

Accepted, I await to see how Con will humiliate the glorious Union of Soviet Socialist Republics by stating it has a capital city.
Rami

Con

I can't believe you didn't realize this: they have one on Mars. http://www.bing.com...
Theunkown

Pro

"I can't believe you didn't realize this: they have one on Mars"

Capitalist Propaganda has gone too far this time. Now the capitalist dogs claim that the SOCIALIST USSR had a CAPITAL city? Like a CAPITALIST country?
NO!

Also, Con said that "they[Soviets] have one on Mars" ; Con used the word 'have', which is a present tense word. This implies that the USSR currely has a capital city. My debate resolution is in the past tense, using the word 'had'.
My opponents argument is invalid because he does not know the timeframe of this debate. Also I don't see the government parliament building with the Soviet flag in the link given by Con and hence is claim is invalid.
Rami

Con

Tsk, tsk, my friend. Have you forgotten that Mars has a different type of day and year than earth's? And what, the USSR should have a social city? Do people there socialize about overthrowing the government? May Union of Soviet Socialist Republics god forbid it!
Theunkown

Pro

I still don't see any government flags on the buildings Con has shown so BooHoo.

And YES! USSR had social cities! People socialize and talk to each other in it. Moscow is an example of a social city, Kiev is another. Now its all dull and bland after Kapitalism came in. Now Russians (and probably other Former Soviet nationalities) have a reputation for being rude and unsociable.

god forbid it! Con just brought in God. That is forbidden in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics which is state atheist. This just proves that Con does not know what he is talking about, just like in the last round. Therefore anything Con says should and will be invalid.
Rami

Con

For your last argument in R3, I say: "The Soviet Union did not have a capital city". Think about it, voters, before you say I conceded.
Theunkown

Pro

Nice try, Con said the concession because of my last sentence in Round 3. However this means that he concedes that any evidence he showed before is invalid.

Con therefore has not fulfilled BoP of showing that USSR had a capital city.

Con also says "Think about it, voters, before you say I conceded." Since Con implicitly agrees that all he says is invalid, we must invalidate the statement I quoted. What this means is that you, the voter, must not think about 'it' and must agree that Con conceded.
Both Con and I agree with this and therefore both he and I agree that points must go to Pro.
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
Nice try, Right back at you.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Okay, but I warn you: this is a troll debate. Anything goes.
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
Shall I accept it now?
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Okay.
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
I'm going to be travelling a bit (ITS SUMMER!!!) so I don't know if I can respond to the arguments in time, I should be returning home and hence be able to take this debate at around 15th of this month.