wingnut2280
lilbugleboy09

"The Spy" is the coolest

wingnut2280

Pro

I think "The Spy" (my picture) is the coolest of the debate.org icons. There are some sweet custom pictures that beat the hell out of the spy, but as far as debate.org's options go the spy is the best.

No matter how you cut it the spy is the definition of cool. He has the most accesories including that sweet hat and his awesome shades and jacket. His collar is all popped, like the cool kids do.

His shades are really the defining characteristic. They make him look like he has eyes. All of the other icons, including the ones with glasses don't have eyes. This makes them look like a freaky Pink Floyd music video character. They are scary.

Also, his fashion makes him cool. The black jacket with the red shirt is awesome.

No icon can compare to the spy in the cool department, he is way to sweet.
lilbugleboy09

Con

While you might see the spy is the definition of "cool," the ninja defeats the spy in all other categories including, but not limited to: spying, ninjaing, killing, being awesome, and pirate hunting. Uncyclopedia defines a ninja as "the common Japanese term for a group of intentionally badass martial artists with a complete dominion over all things totally sweet who specialize in killing people, flying, and burger/pizza/magazine delivery, which they do 24/7, and have also been known to mysteriously show up several hours before the burger/pizza/magazine was even ordered, with your condiments."

As for usefulness, anyone would prefer a ninja who could do the spy's job better, plus more, not forgetting the above mentioned food delivery that no spy could top. On the topic of popularity, ask your friendly neighborhood anyone if they'd rather have a spy or a ninja.

Because of the facts above, you can only assume that the ninja is very much a better avatar than the spy. Failing anything else, a ninja could kill a spy before he could light his pipe.
wingnut2280

Pro

I'm not arguing that spies are the coolest in real life. I just think they are the coolest looking avatar. All those things a ninja does are awesome. I don't care if spies are the worst profession in the whole world. The picture itself is still the coolest.

But, look at your picture. Its boring. As I said in the first round, the no eyes thing is really freaky and aesthetically off-putting. The spy is the only avatar that overcomes this, with his awesomely chique shades.

Also, look at the ninja's fashion. He has no accessories at all, just that black headwrap. Your guy is two colors, black and flesh. Again, boring. My picture has all those cool features I mentioned earlier. The ninja is simple and boring. It has nothing to offer other than the real world ninja's sweet skills, which I don't deny.

The ninja, though cool in real life, is a really boring, aesthetically scary picture, especially when you compare it to the awesome spy. This means the spy is still the coolest icon.
lilbugleboy09

Con

The avatar, aesthetically pleasing or not, is intended to represent the personality of that person. I'll admit you have your cool little shades and hat, but all that really tells me is "what this avatar represents sucks so if I give him these dinky little accessories maybe I'll make him better."
The ninja doesn't need all this junk. With your description of two simple colors and a headwrap, everyone can automatically identify the ninja as what it is and understand the awesomeness behind it. What makes an avatar better is whether it would be preferred, and nobody wants to be a spy.
wingnut2280

Pro

Well played. But, desirability is not what makes an avatar cool. If that were true, the most popular avatar would automatically be the best. Also, who says the ninja is most desirable? Its not even a real thing when you look at the common use of the word. There are martial artists, not ninjas. Spies are real.

Besides, the aesthetic nature of the picture IS what makes an avatar cool. No one sees a crappy picture of an awesome ninja and says "Boy, is that cool." They see this awesomely decked out spy and think "Bitchin!". People don't look at the concept of the picture, just how cool it looks. One guy has a picture of a baby taking a crap, reading the paper. This isn't what the guy is trying to be, it just looks cool. True, some people choose an avatar based on what it represents, but it comes down to the aesthetics. Even if I wanted to be a ninja, or had a ninja like personality, I wouldn't pick it because it looks so terrible. I don't want to have to stare at an ugly picture every time I log on, just because I like what it potentially represents. An avatar is supposed to sum up who you are. While this may look toward concepts, it is overruled by the aesthetics. People are not going to pick an ugly picture, no matter how much it represents them. There are lots of 'boys' on this site, but not many of them pick that avatar because it looks so crappy.

You agreed with me that your picture was lame and boring. The only thing you have left is that the concept of ninjas is cool. Not only do concepts get outweighed by how cool a picture looks, but ninjas aren't even real. There are certainly better avatar representations of people than some fictional character, no matter how cool if may or may not be.
lilbugleboy09

Con

Rawr, I tried...there's a few places I could go with this but it would be a waste of time. I can't argue with the man who agrees with me.
I'd love to see you some time in a more serious debate.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
"ninjaing" LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I loved it.
Posted by Masterworks 9 years ago
Masterworks
The orc has eyes, dumbass.
Posted by wingnut2280 9 years ago
wingnut2280
changing your avatar ey? An obvious sign that it was super lame. Way to take my advice and get a personal one that beats mine. Haha. This was fun, I enjoyed it. Thanks for the debate.
Vote Placed by Darth_Grievous_42 9 years ago
Darth_Grievous_42
wingnut2280lilbugleboy09Tied
Vote Placed by redinbluestate 9 years ago
redinbluestate
wingnut2280lilbugleboy09Tied
Vote Placed by solo 9 years ago
solo
wingnut2280lilbugleboy09Tied
Vote Placed by megan91509 9 years ago
megan91509
wingnut2280lilbugleboy09Tied
Vote Placed by malmal16 9 years ago
malmal16
wingnut2280lilbugleboy09Tied
Vote Placed by hark 9 years ago
hark
wingnut2280lilbugleboy09Tied