a_concerned_civilian
pittythefool

The Star Wars Prequels are better then the Original Trilogy

Started: 1/7/2016 Category: Movies

a_concerned_civilian

Pro

Alright. Lets get to it. First off, Darth Vader wasn't even a good villian, for two reasons: First, he turned good, which good villians never do, and two, his acting was so robotic it felt like he was an animatronic puppet. Hayden Christiansen , however, displayed dynamic acting skills as Anakin Skywalker, and was able to be angry and sad well. Also, Han Solo says that he made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, which isn't even a unit of time. seriously people. I don't even want to talk about force awakens or anything so don't say anything about that.
pittythefool

Con

Ok I see your point Vader was a bit stiff however you can't base your argument on this basis alone.The prequals are watchable but there is just no way they are even remotely as good as the originals. Now I have not seen the force awakens..yet but I can't see how you could even try to compare the phantom menace, attack of the clones and revenge of the sith with the 3 originals. For a start visually the prequals graphics are way of point! I don't think the film makers really considered they were going slightly back in time not forward, it all looks a bit to polished. Star Wars was gritty! personally I think its all gone a bit down hill. As for Hayden you can't seriously put his preformences down as Oscar worthy! but Anekin....remember he became Vader, not the other way round! Vader is the personification of Super Villian and throwing your boss down a hole I wouldn't call turning good!
a_concerned_civilian

Pro

a_concerned_civilian forfeited this round.
pittythefool

Con

pittythefool forfeited this round.
a_concerned_civilian

Pro

pittythefool

Con

pittythefool forfeited this round.