Ajabi
lannan13

The State of Israel Ought to Exist!

lannan13
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Ajabi

Con

<<MADE IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCEPT, IF YOU FIND A WAY TO ACCEPT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, YOU AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT. PLEASE COMMENT/MESSAGE TO DEBATE THIS>>

I realize I have forfeited this topic many times, but in my defense I forfeit nearly all of my debates. Real life happens, folks. I promise to complete this debate though: it is a topic I believe strongly in, and I want to argue it. Since I could not find an ideal way to phrase the resolution I will be explaining the Spirit of the Motion below. This is the actual topic which ought to be discussed.

Spirit of the Motion: In essence this debate should not talk about whether "a Israel" should exist but should talk about whether the "current" Israel as it is today ought to exist. This debate will also include whether the state of Israel is a just and legitimate state or a racist regime. I repeat this is part of the debate: is Israel is a fair and just society, or on balance, is it a racist, unjust regime?

1. The Proposition goes first, and gives their first argument in this round. The Proposition will leave the last round empty to ensure that each person have equal argumentation space.

2. References can be given in a difference docs.google file.

3. There are 5 total rounds, with 4 debate rounds, 10k chars each, 72/hr per post, and a Select Winner option with Open Voting. The voting period is 10 days.

4. No deconstruction semantics, trolling, or otherwise rudeness will be accepted, and plagarism of any kind will result in a complete loss.

Well then, let the games begin.
lannan13

Pro

I thank my opponent for sending me this debate as this is a debate the both of us have anticipated. In this debate I shall show that not only Israel should exist, but that, on ballance, they are an ethical nationstate.

Contention 1: Birth and story of Israel.

In 1947, the United Nations passed UN GA Resolution 181 (II), this plan was set to establish both a Palestine and an Israeli state after World War II. [1] This created the nation of Israel and Palestine occupied areas. Leading up to this legislation when Britian controlled the area, after an Arab armed insurrection, restricted Jewish entry into the Mandate. [2] It wasn't until President Truman asked the British after World War 2 for 100,000 holicost survivors to be sent their the British still denied them and final they were permitted to enter after Jewish protest. [3] After the independence was granted the Arab League began to protest the state of Israel and Arab gangs began to target Jews for attacks. Israel began self-defense and began to crack down on these gangs. On May 15th, 1948, the Arab League declared War against Israel and began to invade, seeking to disolve the state as many nations claimed to have annexed the state. Though Israel lost 6,000 troops, they inflicted 20,000 causalties upon the invading forces. The discrimination that was occuring in these Muslim nations surrounding Israel forced Jews there to flee with an estimated total in the millions. [4] Even after the birth of Israel the state began to become attacked by other outside Muslim nations that who had been persecuting Jews all of these years were now facing a Jewish State. After the War Jews began to face a great deal of persecution in occupied lands that they had lost in the war. Jews in the Jordanian occupied West Bank were denied citizenship as this was common in many surrounding Muslim lands at the time. [5] This period, and even to this day, the press in Muslim nation, which are government controlled, began to slander Jews. Some have even targetted young children to teach them about Arab Supremacy and to destroy the state of Israel.

During these years the state of Israel issued a Project known as Mossad LeAliyah Bet, which is a form of illegal immigration. [6] Israel ennacted this plan to help Jews that were under persectution to escape other nations into the safety of Israel. This caused the Israel population to double with their Jewish population doing the same thing. This was a necessecity in order to save the Jews in surrounding nations from the persecution that they were under going. This still continues and is needed in order to save many Jews in persecution in the world today and if the state is abolished or didn't exist then the world's Jewish population in Eastern Europe and the Middle East would be quite small today. [7]

Contention 2: Capitalism and Freedom

You might wonder why I had stopped the Israeli history there. This is due to the issue of Israeli Free trade. This is an important as it not only holds an instance of a Capitalism vs. Communism/Merchantilism and the economic warfare against Israel, but it shows the superiority of the ethnicality of Capitalism and if this argument is won then it shows that Israel is hence an ethical state due to the fight for an increasing freedom and the ethnicality of Capitalism.

It was during the Suez Crisis when Egypt began to close off access to the Suez Cannal to other nations due to their nationalization of the cannal and Soveit help. The State of Israel used the Cannal as a key point for Israeli trade; Israel's loss of the trade in 1950 created havoic on their economy. From that time period until the Israeli entrance in the war, Israel was repetitively attacked by Palestinian fedayeen who commenced terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians. [8] Israel entered the war in 1956, and captured the Suez Pen. as well as the Suez Cannal. Israel was forced to enter the war after an increase of attacks in southern Israel also accompanied by threats from Egypt and other Muslim nations in the region. [9] Israel was not only forced to enter the war on the basis of the economic damage, but the domestic terrorism funded by surrounding nations and had to in order to end these assaults against innocent people.

When we look at the Prinicples of the war in the Egalitarian vs the Capitalistic Distributive properties. These come into play here as this not only reflects the attitude of the Israeli-Palestinian/Arab relations, but the very basis of the traditional Capitalism vs. Command Economy war that had occured between the Capitalist Israel and Socialist and Soviet backed Egypt. This argument holds a great deal of weight in this debate as it shows a great deal of the battle of the ethnical views and ideals between the two sides and the Israeli government preforming and doing the "ethical" thing in this situation. The Egalitarian Distributive Principle hinges on the fact that everyone in society is made equally and that society’s benefits and burdens should be equally distributed amongst society. [10] Capitalistic Distributive Justice, on the other hand, is that the benefits of society should be equally distributed amongst contributors. Though my opponent can agree that each should have equal rights it is the burdens and benefits that where we clash. The main problem with the Egalitarian principle is that it creates waste. The thing is that not everyone needs the same amount of benefits and burdens. For example, someone who is mentally handicapped cannot perform the same as a scientist who is not. The scientist may not need the same amount of benefits that the handicapped man does and they most certainly will be unable to contribute in the same way. While on the other side Capitalist Distributive Justice shows that people would be getting what they earn do to their contrabution and this would encourage more and more people to contribute to soceity and due to these desires it would result in growth of the soceity and its betterment even though people are working for their own desires.

Another flaw in Egalitarian principle is that of the redistribution of wealth in order to have an equal set of benefits for society. Here one must look through Rawl's Veil of Ignorance. In order to do that one's creed, race, sex, religion, political views, and generation does not matter. This in in order to eliminate bias from the viewer in order to view his two principles of Difference and Equality. The Equality Principle is that the greatest extent of Liberty for everyone. The other states that it must benefit everyone, including the least advantaged, must be open to everyone, and your enemy chooses your position in that society or scenario. [11] In the case of this redistribution of wealth one must see that it is not benefitting society as it harming the richer to give to the poor. In this case we also do not know to what extent the Equality of redistribution must be met. To further this if the person behind the Veil wanted their place in society they would all want to be the least advantaged, but in turn they would become better off in this case. Though in order to balance this out in society it would discourage people from wanting to be rich so that they could receive benefits from the more advantaged and thus would wreck any type of society into one that has stagnated and has halted any type of progress or growth. Not to mention that at this point that it would result in any type of means of getting this money which can result in violence which once again would damage society, but yet show that this redistribution cannot actually flourish.

Contention 3: Ethicnical Treatments

The 3rd and final contention shall be that of the ethnicallity of the events that have occured.

The Israeli Declaration of Independence states,"We appeal in the very midst of the onslaught launched against us now for months to the Arab inhabitants of the state of Israel, to preserve peace and participate in the up-building of the state on the basis of full and equal citizenship and due representation in all its provisional and permanent institutions. We extend our hand to all neighboring states and their peoples in an offer of peace and good neighborliness, and appeal to them to establish bonds of cooperation and mutual help with the sovereign Jewish people settled in its own land. The State of Israel is prepared to do its share in a common effort for the advancement of the entire Middle East." [12].

Since the creation of Israel, they have faced a great deal of attacks from Arab states. One of the most notable is that of the Yom Kippur War. Here was a 20 day war that began when the Arab states attack Israel as they were celebrating a religious holiday. It was when Israel supprised the world in showing that they were nuclear armed that the Arab states backed off leaving a period of cold peace between the nations as smaller fighting would still occur. Here I would like to bring of the Ethic of Care argument. We can see that under this argument that we are meant to protect this generation from everything possible and preserve it for our children. [13] Under this argument you are unaware of what generation you are, whether future, past, or present. This shows that the state of Israel should not only exist, but is ethical due to their preservation of the Jewish community world wide.

Sources throughout the debate will be located bellow.
(http://www.debate.org...)
Ajabi

Con

Unfortunately due to an unexpected trip I have had to take to another city I cannot write this round in time. I will therefore post this docs.google link below, which I will fill out in a bit. I would ask that lannan also post such a link, and we can finish the debate a day late. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

https://docs.google.com...

Thanks
Ajabi

Con

Ajabi forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

All points extended.
Ajabi

Con

Ajabi forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

All points extended.
Ajabi

Con

Ajabi forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

All points extended.

I do request that the voters do not award the conduct point in this debate.

Thank you and please vote Pro!

Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
If you want to call this off and restart it I would be okay with that.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
If the link is broken (http://www.debate.org...)
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
I do request that my opponent post his argument by Saturday so that I am able to post my round. If it is not up by late Sunday or hinges my ability to post my next argument then it should be treated as a forfeit.
Posted by Ajabi 1 year ago
Ajabi
My round tomorrow.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Working on it now.
Posted by Ajabi 1 year ago
Ajabi
Only one day left
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Cool, Google Docs doesn't like me, but that will do.
Posted by Ajabi 1 year ago
Ajabi
You can put them in docs.google or such a debate. Your choice.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Would putting sources in a cancelled debate count?
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
I'm accepting tomorrow. Sorry, I've been busy moving.
Vote Placed by Bob13 1 year ago
Bob13
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited.
Vote Placed by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by FlammableX 1 year ago
FlammableX
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Many forfeits.
Vote Placed by Death23 1 year ago
Death23
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Repeated forfeits by Con; No case made by Con
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Ajabilannan13
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one who made an argument, so he wins by default.