Kazoku
Envisage

The Theory of Evolution (By Charles Darwin) is more believable than The Creation Story (Genesis)

Envisage

Kazoku

Pro

Before I start. I made this argument based off my own beliefs. I do not deem to insult any creationists, but I do commend myself if I do.

First off. We all know that the belief in God is rather... A controversial topic. Don't you think that believing in something, that has ample evidence, (Even though it's a theory.) is more alluring, and "sane" than believing in something that only has Evidence in a Book?

The Creation story states that Adam and Eve were the first two humans on Earth.

Whilst the Theory of Evolution states that man, or known (More like introduced to us) by Charles Darwin as Homo Sapiens, came from Apes. So we are therefore in the Family of apes, according to him.

Yes, that might sound degrading, but look at it. Think deeper. Ponder over it, rather than believing in some Fairy tail.
Kazoku

Pro

Sir, please do state your reply to my argument if you do wish to continue.
Envisage

Con

Preface
Note the BoP is on Pro on this debate, and the character limit is 3,000. I have yet to see any argument from Pro in this debate, thus these are unnecessary to win. I will be arguing that it is easier to believe Genesis, and hence by extension, Genesis is more believable than the theory of evolution.

Genesis is Easy to Comprehend
Like most creation mythology, creationism simplified the events required to take place for creation to occur. Within Genesis, all the act of creation was performed by God's commands, and God is said to be all powerful, and all-knowing. Thus God is unbound by physical limitations, and hence for God, virtually anything is possible if he so willed it. The only obstacle to believing in Genesis is to believe in God, after which all considerations of the difficulty of creaion become irrelevant.

Genesis is so trivial to understand as a result, that it was believed over 2,000 years ago, before civlisation had the technology to understand the mechanisms of the cell, and before Newton brought on the enlightenment which told us nature acts according to unbreakable laws and principles.

God & Genesis is a Widespread Belief
Moreover, God has a viortually unlimited level of flexibility in his belief, as even today with massive scientific progress which now explains many of the questions that God once answered, belief in God remains incredibly strong. Just 2% of today's population are atheists, and just 16% are irrelegious.[3] Furthermore Gallup polls of belief in creationism vs. evolution found that most still believed in Biblical creationism over 2x more than darwinian evolution in 2014 (42% vs 19%).

Furthermore, an additional 31% that did believe in evolution believed God guided it, which clearly demonstrates that belief in God is hard to budge, and is arguebly a very believable thing.[1]

Evolution is an Advanced Belief
Evolution I argue is a more complicated and sophisticated belief than Genesis, and hence less believable. To believe evolution, one need to understand natural laws, such as reproduction, biogenesis, basic ecology and inheretance of traits. Furthermore, Evolution itself is a highly sophisticated topic, which encomposses both it's mechanisms (adaptive radiation, natural selection, genetic drift, mutations, molecular biology) as well as it's history (philogeny, homologous limbs, etc.). These are not understood without a level of education. On the other hand Genesis is relatively trivial.

Our educational trends of level of education vs. belief in evolution clearly demonstrate that only the more highly educated individuals of society profedd a belief in evolution.[2]

I have demonstrated that Creationism is easily more believable than Darwinian evolution Back to Pro for his positive case!

References
1.
http://www.gallup.com...
2. http://www.gallup.com...
3.

Kazoku

Pro

Please note that from here on, I withdraw from the Debate. Due to being trampled on by a veteran, and some personal issues I'd rather not state. I would just want to state my own opinion of the topic.

If I were to go back to the topic stated, I said that Darwinism is more Believable than Creationism. This is a conflict between beliefs. It's Science versus Religion. Yes, you have stated in your argument that The Theory of Evolution is a complicated belief, it's an "Advanced" belief as you have said. And you stated that," Belief in God is hard to budge, and is arguably a very believable thing."

The Term Believable is described as an adjective describing something convincing or realistic.

I would say that I am part atheist, because I do not like the concept of God myself, but that's completely irrelevant.

Going back to Darwinism. As I've said in my first statement, I said the term "Fairytale" for a reason.

And the Creation story is called a Belief rather than a Theory for a reason. Darwinism, or The Theory of Evolution has ample evidence. While Creationism, or The Creation story, has rather Unstable evidence. (And is "Proven" true AND false by Scientific means.)

But, I do withdraw from this topic from here on out. But here's a question for all you Religious fanatics out there.

"If God was real, why did he allow chaos to linger around the Earth?"

Thank you, Envisage, for putting quite a lot of effort in my argument, and I wish to encounter you in the future, for you are a formidable foe.
Envisage

Con

Envisage forfeited this round.
Kazoku

Pro

Kazoku forfeited this round.
Kazoku

Pro

Kazoku forfeited this round.
Envisage

Con

Extend.

Thanks Pro for the debate.
Posted by Kazoku 2 years ago
Kazoku
I was indeed overwhelmed by Mr. Envisage's reply, but I did find a few flaws. But it is based off my views, which is rather biased.

And I wouldn't want bias to overcome my mind.

Thank you again, Sir, and I tip my hat to you.
Posted by Kazoku 2 years ago
Kazoku
I am back. Sorry for the delay.
Posted by Kazoku 2 years ago
Kazoku
Sir, I will be able to reply to you later.

I need to go to school as of now, and I'm in quite a tricky situation. I shall, and I will reply later on.
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
O wait, that was the Goliath... Doh.
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
Good luck David.
Posted by Kazoku 2 years ago
Kazoku
Dear God. ;-;

I wake up early to battle a behemoth? Alright.
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
Your Move.
Posted by Mattyyy 2 years ago
Mattyyy
The Con was so hilarious :'D
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
You have yet to present an argument....
Posted by Kazoku 2 years ago
Kazoku
Let's start with this first, sir.

It's my first time here, so I do want to start simple.
Vote Placed by Tweka 2 years ago
Tweka
KazokuEnvisageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
KazokuEnvisageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Despite the concession, Con's clever semantics put Pro in a super difficult position to wriggle from. Sources go to Con because they helped him make the winning arguments. I won't award conduct to Con because Pro formally conceded.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
KazokuEnvisageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 2 years ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
KazokuEnvisageTied
Reasons for voting decision: other team clearly forfeits
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
KazokuEnvisageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture