The Toyota Prius is a bane to society

The Toyota Prius is one of the most boring things on the planet next to English class and watching paint dry. It's not fun to drive, it doesn't sound good, it's stupidly put together, it's so slow, it doesn't accelerate and it looks hideous!

I accept this debate.

First of all, I would like to rebut your arguments. But, I am not trying to be those typical debaters that make fun of the opponent for making a dumb debate, all I am doing is criticizing your arguments.

My first rebuttal is that most of your arguments are opinion-dependent. You say it "is one of the most boring things on the planet," and "It's not fun to drive, it doesn't sound good, it's stupidly put together, it's so slow, it doesn't accelerate and it looks hideous!"

You say it isn't fun to drive. For example, on the average consumer reviews on the 2015 Toyota Camry, it states that it "handles better than most sedans" Which proves that it being "not fun to drive" Is incorrect.

Second of all, you say it "doesn't sound good," is incorrect. The word "Toyota" comes from someone named Sakichi Toyoda. He was an owner of a company named "Toyota Industries," in which "Toyota" originated when the son of Sakichi created a spinoff of his father's company. So basically, you are making fun of some Japanese person's last name.

I believe you misunderstood my argument. Firstly, the Camry is a nice, tasteful vehicle (I never said that all Toyotas are boring). However, I am talking about the Toyota PRIUS being boring. And it does not handle better than most sedans, or hatchbacks.

Also, I believe you misunderstood me again by my meaning of the phrase "doesn't sound good". When I say that, I mean the engine itself and the exhaust system fitted to the vehicle don't sound pleasing to the ear. For example: a jaguar F type has a tasteful, and pleasing exhaust note (as a person who likes cars, a petrolhead if you will, the sound a car makes is important to me). I never meant the name " Toyota " sounds bad. The way a car company's name sounds when spoken, doesn't really matter to me.

I am sorry for misunderstanding your arguments. It was my fault for not reading your arguments thoroughly.

I will now rephrase my arguments:

First of all, you are not clear on which model you are describing, so I will assume you are describing the newest model: The 2015 Toyota Prius.

Your arguments are, like I said, opinion dependent. On the website,, it states that the average consumer rating for the 2015 Toyota Prius Hatchback is 4.6 stars out of 5. This directly disproves most of your arguments because it shows that many people disagree with your arguments.

You argue that the Toyota Prius is one of the most boring things on the planet. The definition of "boring" means that it is "not interested; tedious." One of the reviews on the Toyota Prius is ". Now I use it every chance I have for my personal rides." This completely disproves your statements before. A car that is "boring" wouldn't be used as many times as possible. And I know what you are going to say, that the quote is just an opinion of another consumer. But YOUR statements are also OPINIONS.

Yes many people like the Prius. But most people aren't as concerned about performance as I am when it comes to good vs bad cars. I apologize for not stating that i was speaking about performance. That is 100% my fault.
So, in the performance world, a car must:
Look good
Have good acceleration
Have a high top speed
Corner well
(Like I said before) sound good
And be dependable when driving it hard ( for this you can reference: Motortrend - Roadkill Ep. 17)
The Prius, does not have any of these traits.
Again I apologize for not saying that I was speaking about performance.

First of all, I would like to notify you that the appearance of a car doesn't neccesarily influence the preformance of the car unless the key components of the car are displayed in the appearance.

"Have good acceleration"

I would first like to rebut this quote from your arguments. In one of the consumer reviews from it states, "Acceleration is leisurely at best," (Kelley Blue Book) This was a review from the website, Kelley Blue Book, which is a self proclaimed "trusted resource" in the automobile world. Another review states, "Acceleration in the Toyota Prius is far from sprightly, but it should be adequate for most buyers," (Edmunds) This is a review by the website Edmunds, which is also a resource with a very trusted reputation in the criticism of automobiles.

I would first like to promote my opponent. Pro was correct. The Toyota Prius doesn't have a high top speed. It has pronounced road noise. But all of these issues with the car are clearly made up for the Prius is, self proclaimed, The Hybrid That Started It All. Not many cars feature the attribute of electricity. But the Toyota Prius is one of the most trusted cars with this feature. And the pronounced road noise? This was most likely noted at highway speeds. These Pros of the Toyota Prius clearly outweigh the issues with the car, which, in turn, makes the car nice in performance standards

In conclusion, the Toyota Prius, like the Pro stated, do have problems. But these issues need to reach certain conditions in order to reach them. With the consumer reviews to the outstanding hybrid experience, The Toyota Prius is great in its own way.

I would like to conclude the debate. I directly compliment the Pro for providing such an outstanding argument. The way you stood in the way of fire as you argued. That is just amazing. I would like to thank my opponent for such an amazing experience on!

Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
Can you challenge me to this debate, I will do it...