TRUTH17
Zaradi

The Trinity Of God Is False

Zaradi

TRUTH17

Pro

The Trinity of god is senseless. Theoretically speaking, 3 can not go into 1 evenly to make a complete aspect. Especially if those three entities does not correspond or connected in any which way or form to be proven as fact.
Zaradi

Con

First off, the resolution presumes that God exists, so arguments that he doesn't don't apply to the resolution.
Next, the existence of the trinity makes logical sense. God is one to rule above, creater of all the universe. When God needed to give faith to humanity and defeat Sin and the Devil, he sent his equally powerful son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross and defeat sin and the Devil. When he rose again and transcended to heaven, God still needed something there to keep mankind faithful and on track to redemption and heaven, so God sent the Holy Spirit to enter into anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit was just the spiritual form of Jesus, no different at all. Three individuals: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. But only one God. I look to my opponent to provide logical proof that the trinity is false, since the burden of proof is on him. If he can't disprove the existence of the trinity, he loses.
TRUTH17

Pro

OK, First off, How can Jesus Christ Be equal to God? He can't, their is none greater then god, not even his son (which is actually a prophet). Two, you say the spirit is the same as Jesus Christ, However, Jesus is the physical entity which everyone of his time actually seen, the spirit however, was never seen and does not say, no where in the bible that the spirit was seen by anyone, neither was god. So, If the holy spirit is equal to the son, Jesus, how was this proven to be factual? the trinity is made of GOD, the spirit (who was never seen or proven to exist) and the son (Jesus Christ) who is equal to the spirit. Their is no direct, factual or biblical evidence that proves God equals the son, who equals the holy spirit.
Zaradi

Con

Again, I'd like to point out that the BOP is on the pro. Simply refuting my arguments is not enough for him to win.

Jesus is equal to God because Jesus is God, simply in human form. Equal in all ways, except one stays in heaven and one went to Earth.
Again, the Holy Spirit is equal to Jesus because Jesus sent his essense, his spirit (which is why it's called the Holy Spirit) to keep humanity faithful to God, who is also Jesus.

Again, the resolution implies that the bible is true and that God exists, so the argument about no factual evidence for God doesn't apply to the resolution.

So the debate breaks down in a few ways pretty easily:

The BOP is on the Pro. Stated it two rounds in a row now, hasn't been contested. He's not providing any sort of argument to fulfill his BOP, he's only refuting my arguments.
I'm the only one providing any sort of case. So he's a) not fulfilling his BOP and b) not refuting my case fully.
It's an easy con win.
TRUTH17

Pro

My evidence in this matter, is that no where in the bible does it say anyone seen a spirit. So how can it exist. My argument was that the trinity is senseless. So I have argued and explained myself on why such a situation is senseless for i broke down the trinity and its connections, which concluded to be none. Your not explaining how does the spirit exist. Saying because Jesus sent it, isn't to prove anything. If the spirit can't be proven to exist, then everything about the trinity is false. Almost all books of the bible provides specific and thorough information stating god is separate from the son.
JOHN 3:16-"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
MATTHEW: 24:36-"but of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven but my father only."

These two quotes (along with plenty more) provides that God and Jesus are two completely different entities. NO ONE IS GREATER THEN GOD.
Zaradi

Con

Okay, so this last round will be pretty simple. My opponent makes two arguments in his last speech.
1. The Holy Spirit doesn't exist
2. God and Jesus are seperate entities, thus making the trinity false.

R1:

Again, the resolution assumese that the Bible is true. So just trying to say that the Holy Spirit doesn't exist is non-topical. We have to pressupose it does, for the resolution. So this argument falls flat.

R2:

God and Jesus are one and the same.
John 10:30 - "I and the Father are one."
Acts 20:28 - "Be shepards of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood."
John 20:28 - "My lord and my God."
And only God dying on the Cross would've been sufficient to defeat death and pay the price of Sin (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Thus, the Bible proves that God and Jesus are one and the same.

So we can easily vote con here.
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Here are only two scriptures that show that both God and Jesus are one.

More refutations to you arguments.

http://www.gotquestions.org...

Time to do your homework
Posted by TRUTH17 4 years ago
TRUTH17
Can it be argued, of course, but can it be proven by actual, visual, historical or biblical fact, no it can not.
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
just take it for what it is"

Are you implying that there is no arguing your statement?
Posted by TRUTH17 4 years ago
TRUTH17
I believe this debate to be based on commonsense factors, no need for story lines, just take it for what it is.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
1000 characters? Wow.... talk about a short debate.
Vote Placed by Yep 4 years ago
Yep
TRUTH17ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Doulos has the right idea ^^ (Not a VB,) Pro needs to brush up on his research
Vote Placed by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
TRUTH17ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Easy win for Con, Pro needs to do a tad bit more research on the topic and provide substantial arguments.