radz
A341

The Triune God is Biblical

radz

radz

Pro

The Trinity doctrine is taught by:

1) Jesus Christ himself

through his words and actions.

* Jesus' uttered words which only the Jewish deity could say ( Revelation 2:23).
*Jesus did things which only the Jewsih deity could do ( John 5:16-26, 10:28-38)

2) The disciples of Jesus Christ

through their experience with Jesus ( Matthew 28:19, 1 Peter 1:3)

*Christ's disciples, having known him via his words and actions, knew that he's God's own Son, of one nature with him ( Hebrews 1:3, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1).

NOTE: This debate challenge are only for those who deny the Trinity like Islam, the Jehovah's witnesses,oneness, Christadelphians, Socinians , universalist unitarians and Biblical unitarians etc.
A341

Con

I thank you for allowing me to be your antagonist in this debate, as an atheist I more or less by definition deny the trilogy and the god of the bible in general.

You appear to be jumping straight into the debate and so I will post my starting points here,

1) The bible should not be considered accurate.
I would like to start out with asking how you know that Jesus did and said the things you claim he did and said, the bible is not an accurate historical source, many details have been shown to be inconsistent with contemporary historical record (death of king Herod, Jesus starting a riot in a temple ect). There is not even contemporary historical evidence for the existence of Jesus.

2) Jesus being the messiah is not consistent with old testament prophecy
The actions described in the bible are not even internally consistent with the prophecy"s relating to the coming of the messiah in the old testament, the Hebrew word "almah" which means "young woman" was mistranslated in Isaiah 7:14 as "virgin". Ezekiel 37:11-13 describes the messiah as raising up the Jewish people from the dead, a deed that Christians have to claim was not so out of the ordinary as to be recorded by any contemporary historians.
radz

Pro

My debate challenge is about Theology and not atheism. If you accepted the challenge you would have read that it is for those who deny the Trinity within Christendom not atheism. We could debate about it on an another debate challenge, not here.
A341

Con

1) Revelation 4:5 ("Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;") states that there are seven different spirits of god not 3 as implied by the trinity doctrine.

2) The prophecies foretelling the coming of the messiah (unless I am very much mistaken) don't even say that the messiah will be god simply come to redeem.

As we know from the lords prayer ("Our father who art in heaven...") the words "our father" (האבא שלנו) can be used in a poetic way to refer to humans, my interpretation would that he was neither man nor god, he was the messiah.
radz

Pro

radz forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
radz

Pro

radz forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
Posted by radz 3 years ago
radz
O yup. Sorry about that. :)

But you should only prove that the Trinity is not Biblical.

It means that you must be one who believes in the Bible as inspired Scripture and Jesus as the Messiah.

If you want to continue the debate, then I recommend you to hold the position of either Islam or Unitarian.
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
I miss understood your debate,
however your wording is inconsistent so I am not sure what you wanted,
" If you accepted the challenge you would have read that it is for those who deny the Trinity within Christendom not atheism."

"NOTE: This debate challenge are only for those who deny the Trinity like Islam, the Jehovah's witnesses,oneness, Christadelphians, Socinians , universalist unitarians and Biblical unitarians etc."

"like Islam"

I'm not so sure you wanted to keep this within the christian faith.

You wording only states that "This debate challenge are only for those who deny the Trinity"

You then list the followers of two religions and later decide to narrow that group down to "deny the Trinity within Christendom"

You wording "The Triune God is Biblical" also causes problems.

I have read the bible several times and consider myself quite familiar with it so if you with I could continue the debate assuming the role of a christian which was essentially what I was already doing.
Posted by Masonh928 3 years ago
Masonh928
I would, but I don't deny the trinity! *CHRISTIAN*!!!
Vote Placed by GOP 2 years ago
GOP
radzA341Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was trying to debate something else. The topic was about whether Trinity is biblical or not.