CynthiaJoannTerry
Iacov

The True Religion

Iacov

CynthiaJoannTerry

Pro

I believe that Christianity is the only TRUE RELIGION.
Iacov

Con

Thank you for creating this debate.
Regardless of my own beliefsI will be debating that Christianity is not the one true religion nor is their any true religion or belief. I eagerly await your opening argument.
CynthiaJoannTerry

Pro

There are many different religions. I am simply stating that Christianity is the only true one. Other religions worship false Gods, and there are are quite a few who worship more than one, when, in actuality, there is only one true and living God. From my perspective, and from what you have told me, you believe there is no religion, as in, you believe there is no God. If that is what you believe, you are wrong, for there is a God. He is a God who created all the Heavens and the Earth. He created the plants, animals, insects, water, air, food, and, most importantly, he created humans. He created EVERYTHING. He is the ruler of the universe.
Iacov

Con

Your assumption is false I am a Asatru Pagan this means I worship the old Norse gods, some names you may know are Thor, Odin, or Loki however I have chosen the patron deity Hl"n. I was raised a baptist but one day I decided I could not believe in the Christian god. So I began to read as many religious text as I could find spanning many types of religions. I read the Bible twice ove, the Torah, the Qur'an, the Eddas, the Satanic Bible, and many more. After my research I concluded there was no prof of existence for any deity, that religion is purely based on faith. So I converted to what most aligned with my core values, this being Asatru Paganism. Now regardless of my personal beliefs I understand that there is no religion that has definitive proof that their god is the only God.
Now you state that the Christian god created everything including humans, so my question to you is did your god create humans as they are now or did he create the ancestor in which humans evolved from or pherhaps you believe your god created the common ancestor and then guided that species through the ages into what is the modern human.
When I read the Bible I found it to be much like the other Abrahamic faith filled with paradoxes and rather coddling in nature. That is why I believe the Abrahamic faiths are those designed to comfort their followers with promises of paradise.
CynthiaJoannTerry

Pro

No, he did not create humans as they are today. If you have read the bible, then you should know that, he created the first man, Adam, and out of his side, he took a rib, and created Eve, who was the first woman. God created us in his own image. He created us to be perfect. But, in the Garden of Eden, Satan had tempted Eve. God had instructed both Adam and Eve not to eat of "The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil", for if they did, they would die. When Satan tempted Eve, she picked a fruit from the tree, and took a bite. She then proceeded to give some to Adam, who also took a bite. Their eyes were opened, and they then knew right from wrong. They had sinned against God by disobeying his order. Adam (the first man), was cursed to a life of painful toil, as punishment for what he had done. Eve's (the first woman), punishment was increased hardship (pain) in labor (childbirth), and to be ruled over by her husband. We are this way today because, Adam and Eve had sinned. Their sin carried on through generation after generation, and continues to this very day. So my answer to your question is, no. He did not create us as we are today.
Iacov

Con

So here is some open thought what if instead of a simple act of a single bite from the tree of knowledge opened their eyes but rather the slow evolution of man as we later differed from common animals and developed a since of morals thus understand right from wrong. It is these kind of things that propose some many different questions we have scientific evidence that completely disprove the Bible if taken literally but there are other possibilities to point to not so literal paths that the course of human history takes. Now regarding the idea that Christianity is the one true faith, in closing this simply is not possible as we have no clear evidence to prove or disprove any of the world's religions; a "true" religion is not possible to determine in our current time in human history but it is with faith that we find our spiritual path. A Pagan belief that I follow is the idea that there is no one way to worship your god or gods. Don't believe what you yourself don't belief to be true, one size doesn't fit all. In my spiritual searching I found that all religions are centered around being and doing god, so long as you do this you bring honor to yourself, your world, and you divine.
Posted by Lonely-Bird 1 year ago
Lonely-Bird
true religion.

no such thing.

words written first by one group of semites to justify and rationalize their actions and actions that happened to them, words then written by another group of semites to drive home particular theological points created and claimed to supersede the first group of semites based not necessarily based upon one particular semite's statements handed down poorly by oral tradition, words written by one or more arab tribesmen to consolidate political power.

true religion? not hardly.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
these delusional comments.. hit your heads against the same rock huh
Posted by RJ_GT350 1 year ago
RJ_GT350
Pro is delusional. You can't know what is true out of faith. Faith is not a pathway to truth. The bible is inaccurate with evil plots and actions. Slavery in Exodus is evil. Drowning all the people in the world is evil. Noah was a naked drunk. Moses was a general that killed. The bible came to be by vote and killing those who did not join. Christians lie to further their agenda for their sky daddy with promise of sky cake. There are 10K different Christian religions that can't agree on anything except the sky daddy. Even members of church's can't agree with each other. There is no god. Jesus was a man that died for nothing. If he even existed at all.
Posted by Khons 1 year ago
Khons
Go outside, look around, and think of this, how did this all an accident, it make no sense so think .
Posted by Iacov 1 year ago
Iacov
@zaephou perhaps for early humans to survive in that environment better and he knew evolution would take its course.
Posted by Zaephou 1 year ago
Zaephou
If God did not create us the way we are today, how come he is omniscient eh?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
jesus was real, a magical black man.. afro, but obviusly
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
religion=belief=false
Posted by Blazzered 1 year ago
Blazzered
lacov I wish you luck!
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...
Posted by Blazzered 1 year ago
Blazzered
I may accept this debate if no one else does. I feel as though the resolution could be somehow used against me since I would be arguing that no religion is true due to the lack of evidence and I would primarily be refuting your claims, rather than be making my own claims.
The resolution points towards both participants needing to debate on which religion is true, when that would not be my case since I believe no religion to be true.
Vote Placed by Blazzered 1 year ago
Blazzered
CynthiaJoannTerryIacovTied
Reasons for voting decision: Round 1: Acceptance. Round 2: Pro only makes claims and preaches the Bible. Pro claims the Christian god is true and others who disbelieve that claim are wrong. Pro however provides no evidence for his claims. Con, while not needing to say all he did, points out that there is not much proof for any religion out there. Con speaks of his own beliefs and of his own research, but overall his strongest point was the lack of evidence for any religion out there. Round 3: Pro continues to just preach the bible and make claims without any evidence. Con says we have evidence that disproves the bible but does not present that evidence. Con continues to point out the lack of evidence to support the bible. Since Pro does not present evidence his claims, and Con points out the lack of evidence. Con wins convincing arguments.