The Twilight Vs. Harry Potter Debate

Hello there!

For this debate I am happy say that Harry Potter is better than Twilight.
Here are some of my reasons:

1. Bella has the same personality as a glove and is a complete Mary Sue.
2. The only reason all of the fan girls love it is because of Edward.
3. In Twilight Bella thinks she is 'mature'. Really? Harry lost his parents.
5. Edward is abusive, pessimistic, cynical and downright rude.

This is simply a sort set of arguments that I will elaborate on later.

I shall follow my opponent's layout and state points on which I shall elaborate later.

1. The storyline of Harry Potter was far less emotionally gripping than that of Twilight.

2. The rivalry between Jacob and Edward is far more intellectually and emotionally intense than that of Draco and Harry

3. The conflict between good and evil wizards and witches is far less dynamic and less significant than the one between Vampires and Werewolves.

4. The haters of Twilight merely do so for immature reasons, all of which are easily disputed by the fans.

5. It was far more predictable that Dumbledore's Army would defeat the Death Eaters than that the Cullens would defeat the Volturi, making it a far more gripping tale to both read and watch.

6. The characters of Twilight had far more sex appeal then Harry Potter ones, both as descriptive character sin the books and visible ones on the screen.

7. The choices Bells had to face when Edward and Jacob had conflict were far more challenging and demanding than those Hermione had to face when Harry and Ron fell out.

6. The whole plot was incredibly predictable. In New Moon when the whole Volturi-Killing-Edward happens, you know that he's not going to get killed. (It would be a great plot twist though)

7. Cliche much? The 'plain' and 'boring' girl goes to a new school in dreary old Forks, where she meets the alluring Edward Cullen. Of course he falls in love with her.

8. Do not even get me started on the sparkling.

9. Stephen King even say Stephanie Meyer can't write 'worth a darn'. The book only appeals to readers because "People are attracted by the stories, by the pace, and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it"s very clear that she"s writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It"s exciting and it"s thrilling and it"s not particularly threatening because it"s not overtly sexual."

10. Is your argument 6. serious? Books are not all about sex appeal. It's about losing yourself in the authors woven threads of writing not Edwards 'perfectly toned abs'.

11. Compare Lord Voldemort to James.

12. The conflict between Dumbledore's army and the Death Eaters, is unpredictable because people actually die, like Remus Lupin, Fred, Tonks and more. Of course in the 'great' battle against the Volturi, nobody dies! In real life that's not what happens!

I shall hopefully elaborate on these latter.

AbnormalReasoner forfeited this round.

Cm57105 forfeited this round.

AbnormalReasoner forfeited this round.