tennis47
LadyZZ

The Twilight movies are better than the books

Started: 11/22/2012 Category: Arts

tennis47

Pro

Hi people, i'm a die-hard Twilight fan, and i've watched each movie (with the exception of Breaking Dawn part 2) like, 10 times each, and I personally think that THEY ARE AMAZING! I mean, in the first movie, YOU SEE THE FIGHT WITH JAMES! In the book; however; Bella doesn't even describe it! Seriously,people listen to me! But one thing that I don't like about Breaking Dawn part 1 is that they show Bella and Edward having sex and Bella giving birth( well, they don't actually HAVE sex, but you get the general idea.).

But other than that, THEY ARE AH-MAZING! You should watch them!

(Also, if you plan on debating against me, I want you to be a actual Twi-hard! I don't some random Twilight hater telling me all the things that they hate about Twilight!)=)
LadyZZ

Con

Books well are a essentially better experience than the movies.
First point is:The books give way more detail and is virtually a better experience than the actual movies. Anyone can watch a movie and let the actors tell you exactly what's going on. What fun is that? In the actual books we as readers get to add our own imagination and perspective on this interesting tale of Bella and Edward. What the movies fail to add, is some actual thinking and fun to such a lovely plot that the movie unintentionally destroys.
Second point is: Well, relating back to my first point is that the pro side is stating that the movies show a few sex scenes and also Bella giving birth(intense), but then again I'm not really able to really enjoy what's going on or even find the importance of the scene. I see a lot of blood and biting, yes. But why should I care? I would much rather create the scene my head than have some over-the-top blood scene that once it's over, doesn't really stick. A book gives that.
tennis47

Pro

tennis47 forfeited this round.
LadyZZ

Con

So I'm sticking with the points I've made previously. So it is apparent that the pro side has conceded my arguments. And hasn't taken the time to defend his or refute mine, so pro concedes.
tennis47

Pro

Sorry 'bout that. I forgot I made this debate.

Anyways, even though I love the books, in the movies it's more realistic. I mean, like,the first time that I read the books, I was thinking, there are good vampires? Edward being rock-hard and sparkly? GET REAL! But then, the movies changed that. They made it seem like, hmm.... vampires fit in with humans so easily that maybe my best friend or teacher is one?

Also, there's Breaking Dawn part 2 to talk about( I saw it last Saturday.). THERE WAS ACTION(for once )! It was wayyyyy more exciting stuff than from the books, and it was really more interesting than the book.

Also, TAYLOR LAUTNER IS REAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY HOT PEOPLE!
LadyZZ

Con

LadyZZ forfeited this round.
tennis47

Pro

Aww, I was hoping to have one last argument with you, but I guess not!

Thanks! =)
LadyZZ

Con

LadyZZ forfeited this round.
Posted by miketheman1200 4 years ago
miketheman1200
Twilight fans are allowed on this site? I though only intellectuals and free thinkers who enjoyed discussing ideology and good literature joined this site.
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
I agree with Pro and I've only seen 2 of the movies, yet I've read all the books.