laurenoschmann
WhiteWolf

The U.S Government should grant universal healthcare to it's citizens

laurenoschmann

Con

The U.S Government should not grant Universal Health care to it's citizens
WhiteWolf

Pro

The U.S. Government should grant Universal Health care to its citizens.
laurenoschmann

Con

laurenoschmann forfeited this round.
WhiteWolf

Pro

WhiteWolf forfeited this round.
laurenoschmann

Con

laurenoschmann forfeited this round.
WhiteWolf

Pro

WhiteWolf forfeited this round.
Posted by brian_eggleston 6 years ago
brian_eggleston
"What? Allow society to provide basic humanitarian aid to its poorest and vulnerable members?

Who is going to pay for this generosity? That's right, rich people people like us.

Well, frankly if poor people can't afford healthcare because they are exploited by ruthless employers who make them work for minimal pay, then they should just give up work, pay a few hundred thousand dollars to get a decent education and then get a job as a lawyer or an investment banker instead.

See? Simple, but the so-called bleeding-hearts, liberal do-gooders would no doubt find fault with the idea."
Posted by Zabcheckmate 6 years ago
Zabcheckmate
"Universal health care" is *so* ambiguous... at least tell your potential opponents what they're supposed to debate.
Posted by boredinclass 6 years ago
boredinclass
If you'll add more charachters and extend the argument time, I'll debate you
Posted by juvanya 6 years ago
juvanya
No.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
lol, there tends to be mixed opinions here in Canada about our universal healthcare. It all depends who you talk to.
Posted by unitedandy 6 years ago
unitedandy
As someone who has universal healthcare, I think I can speak for the vast majority in Britain that not only want to keep it, but would not elect a government who proposed to get rid of it. For example, Daniel Hannan criticised the NHS on "Hannity", and CONSERVATIVE leader David Cameron rebuked him days later, knowing the political cost of not doing so would potentially be election altering. I don't know if there are any parties in Britain who would explicitly campaign on gutting the NHS, but such a party would not get very many votes, no matter what their stances on other issues. Even the wave of Thatcherism in the 1980s didn't dare to touch the NHS. It would have been and still would be political suicide.

When American politicians and pundits say that universal healthcare would be immovable, they are right. If people experienced what it is like for themselves, instead of basing their opinion on this "socialized medicine" crap, they very well might have a different opinion. According to a guardian newspaper, over 89% (1) of brits would chose the NHS over the American system, and as we have private healthcare over here, it really does put things in perspective.

(1) http://www.guardian.co.uk...
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
define "universal healthcare" or leave it for me to define.
Posted by Jallen289 6 years ago
Jallen289
Lol. I almost accepted the debate until I realized that you are against this. I agree with you and will gladly add information on the comments section if you'd like.