theITdude
Theoretician101

The U.S is the most most technologically innovative country in the world.

Theoretician101
Started: 8/19/2014 Category: Technology

theITdude

Pro

The U.S for years has been known to create and innovate. Intel's chips, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and OS X. Cisco servers, IBM's business computers, HP's Tier 1 storage, and not to mention planes, medicine, and more. We are creative.
Theoretician101

Con

-Thank you for choosing such an interesting to topic to discuss. I will argue that the US might have one of the most innovative technological advances, but I will have to say that there are countries that are much more technologically innovative than the US. The country that I will present is Japan.

Argument

Japan: I will argue that Japan has THE best/invents THE best technological devices and machinery on the planet. Japan is even considered as the number one most technological country in the world. Japan invented dimensional elevators, exclusive cars, phones, computer systems, and as for weaponry they are currently building gun dam units that would be capable of flying in air. Japan is home for Sony products, Nissan cars, Fujitsu and Toshiba. Japan is currently the number one in this field. I will provide some of their inventions (1).

[1]: http://smashingtopten.com...

Mattress built with a fan: This is a mattress that has a fan attached to it. During summers, it is very useful invention due to the intense heat Japan experiences on a regular basis. The price for this invention is reasonable, it only costs $300. The manufacturer of this product is a clothes company called Kuchofuku. The fan is active for eight hours, and you only pay 30 cents for it each month (2).

[2]: http://images.businessweek.com...

H-II Transfer Vehicle: This is a space vehicle used for delivering supplies to different spacecrafts. It commonly supplies to the Japanese experiment spacecraft called Kibo and the International Space Station. This spacecraft doesn't need any crew members to operate its systems. The probe is 9.4 meters. 4.4 meters in diameter. It weighs 10,500 kilograms. The weight of the launch payload is 6,000 kg. This probe is able to fly for 100 hours (3).

[3]:http://en.wikipedia.org...

Nissan GTR Track Edition: This is a Japanese car that was first released in 2007. It is a successor for Nissan Skyline GT-R. This is a sports car with a 2-door coupe and its platform is a Premium Midship. The engine is a 3.8L VR38DETT twin-turbo V-6. It also has a 6-speed semi-automatic dual clutch transmission. The length is 4,671 mm. The width is 1,895 mm. The height is 1,372 mm. The curb weight is 3,840 lbs (4).

[4]: http://en.wikipedia.org...;
theITdude

Pro

Thanks for answering my topic. I will argue that America has always created amazing and useful products. We have always been innovating and creating. Here are my examples:
1.iPhone
Made By: Apple, Incorporated Announced: January 9, 2007. The iPhone has been one of the most popular cellphones ever made. The first iPhone had a touchscreen, which didn't require a stylus. It had a 2 megapixel camera, ability to view music and videos, along with a browser. In many movies, tv shows, and pop culture, the iPhone is very prominent. It sold one million in seventy four days after launch. When anybody thinks of Apple, they think iPhone. Heres a link to Apple's iPhone page on January 11, 2007. Source:
Heres the link to the iPhone page now:
It has advanced so far. This is what America does.
2. Microsoft Windows
Made By: Microsoft, Corporation Released: November 20,1985
Windows is the world's most used operating system on the planet. It is used in many countries and many governments. Windows XP and Windows 7 are some popular one. It is easy, inexpensive, and very versatile. There are about 3,500 models of Winodws laptops. Thats not even counting tablets and desktops. The computer I am using has Windows. Maybe your even using Windows to write your response?
The Machine
Designed by Hewlett- Packard "HP"
Completion by 2020
The Macine is a new product from H.P that will be able to function as aserver and analytical machine with the capabilities of an entire warehouse. Up to a Petaflop of storage and it will have no wires. It will use photonics.It's truly amazing. Here is the Youtube video and others
Here it is America at its finest. I await my opponents argument.

Theoretician101

Con

- Dear opponent, forgive me for the considerably early response. I was busy with school. Anyways, let's start summing this up.

Rebuttals:

Arguing whether iPhones are one of the most technologically innovative and comfortable phones is debatable. Personally, I dislike iPhones. I could argue that the Samsung Galaxy SV is much more technologically innovative, but there are also a lot of good phones that Japan produces as well. Some of them are the biggest ones on the market. The source that I will be using will be techradar, and they actually have placed an iPhone as one of the most innovative phones on the 8th place out of 10 phones. Most of them are Sony devices, meaning that they were manufactured and produced in Japan. The phone that I will present you is the Sony Xperia 72 which was ranked 3rd on the list (1).

[1]: http://www.techradar.com...

Sony Xperia: This is a smartphone that was manufactured by the Sony Entertainment Company. It was out on the Market since October 2008. This phone contains computational microprocessors, something that is used in our computers. This phone has an 8.1 mega pixel camera. It beat phones like HTC and iPhones on the market this year. Meaning that it sold much more than the iPhone and had more technological advances, including being waterproof (1).

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org...

ITRON: ITRON is the most widely used computer system in the world; it is used more than windows, unix, and linux. This is a Japanese computer system that first started out as a Real Time Operating System aka TRON. TRON was first created and used in 1984 to create a better and more open computer system environment. Tron was first in the computer operating world; it survived marketing damages from windows, linux, and unix, but still thrived to be the first in the market. This system is used in phones, computers, credit card machines ATMS, etc (1).

[1]: http://www.linuxinsider.com...

Fastest Japanese supercomputer: Of course I can't forget to add this. This is the fastest Japanese supercomputer in the world! It is known as the Fujitsu K computer. It was built and first used in 2004 Kobe, Japan. It is now being built in Hamburg, Germany. The computer's calculation speed is 8 quadrillion calculation per second! This supercomputer consists of 80,000 CPUS and 8 cores for each CPU (1).

[1]: http://www.cnet.com...

theITdude

Pro

theITdude forfeited this round.
Theoretician101

Con

I mainted my position. VOTE ME!
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
theITdudeTheoretician101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. ... I lost respect for arguments when pro attempted to cite knowledge of the future ("The Machine" which I think was a certain California governorators pornstar name), so not going to try to grade that.