MouthWash
jat93

The U.S. invasion of Iraq was justified.

MouthWash

Pro

This a response to Jat's challenge to a debate: "Anything from American foreign policy to Israeli foreign policy to the Iran situation to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. Your call."

I trust that he will keep his word and is willing to debate.

I will be arguing that, though mistakes have been made, the US invasion of Iraq was geopolitically and ethically justified. Burden of proof will be shared. Pro has the option of beginning his argument in the first round or allowing me to start in Round Two.

Definitions

Invasion of Iraq: [http://en.wikipedia.org...]

Justified: Done for a good or legitimate reason.

I await my opponent's acceptance.
jat93

Con

I thank my opponent for the opportunity to debate a topic I feel is hugely important and interesting. I accept the definitions he has provided, but would like to add that this is to be a primarily historical/political debate; arguments over "justification" have a tendency to spiral into arguments about ethical frameworks - utilitarianism, natural rights, consequentialism in general - but this is not what I want to primarily debate. I would also like to add that, as per a discussion between me and my opponent, though the resolution specifically addresses the invasion, the effects on Iraq and handling of the war post invasion, throughout the war are fair game.

My arguments will focus on: the fraudulent case for war, the propaganda that was necessary to sell the war to the American public, the true reasons for war, the way Iraqis were affected by the war, and the aggressive nature of the war (seeing as there was no perceivable threat to the safety of American citizens.) Arguments will begin in Round Two. With that, I turn it over to Pro, and I look forward to a fun and engaging debate.
MouthWash

Pro

MouthWash forfeited this round.
jat93

Con

jat93 forfeited this round.
MouthWash

Pro

MouthWash forfeited this round.
jat93

Con

jat93 forfeited this round.
MouthWash

Pro

MouthWash forfeited this round.
jat93

Con

jat93 forfeited this round.
Posted by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
=D nac
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
You could ask airmax to delete it...
Posted by jat93 4 years ago
jat93
By the way, if you do study some GED stuff before taking the test, I would say you have a chance at getting a perfect or very nearly perfect score.
Posted by jat93 4 years ago
jat93
No big deal. I totally understand. Good luck on the GED - you honestly don't need to study, I dropped out and took mine and aced it with no studying, even the math part and I failed or barely passed most high school math. In general, the answers are self evident and can be found in the question or passage or whatever. Anyway, idk about you but I'd still love to have this debate at some point. Was really excited for it and I feel like it would be a great, challenging debate. So if you're still down, challenge me again whenever you want.

In the mean time, do you (or anyone) know how to get a debate deleted? Do you know what's supposed to happen with debates such as these?
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
Ugh, no, I can't do this. It's been like two weeks since I challenged you and I have a lot of stuff going on at home (about to turn sixteen, studying for my GED and I'm looking for a job). I probably couldn't have made Round 2 even if my internet hadn't cut out because I procrastinated until the night. Sorry about this.
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
OK, then. >.> I'll just post my argument.
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
@Jat93, Whatever you want.
Posted by CiRrK 4 years ago
CiRrK
I'll go easy on you for your first time :)
Posted by jat93 4 years ago
jat93
CiRrK, maybe after I finish with this debate. I've read a ton about the geopolitical situations with respect to Iran, America, and Israel, but I've never debated it with anyone before. Also, I haven't done a debate in over a year, and have only done one debate at all related to politics. Still, it's a topic I feel fairly comfortable debating.
Posted by jat93 4 years ago
jat93
No problem, should I start my arguments in my round 2 or wait for round 3?
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
MouthWashjat93Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I was more convinced of Con's arguments on the still-yet-to-be-found WMD's in Iraq, but I felt he was a tad sarcastic to pro at times, so conduct to Pro. Also, Pro's sources came off as far less biased, so I'm giving him sources as well. Good show all around.