Dr.Sassafrass
ChloeMcIverFloyd

The U.S. school system should be destroyed and completely remade.

Dr.Sassafrass

Pro

Everyone is a genius in their own way. But if you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

There was a time where the schools in America taught one way to do everything. Luckily, that time is over. As of now, schools are teaching multiple ways to do everything.

What's troubling is that this is not enough.

For some odd reason there is still that one group of students who can't quite grip onto their school work. I know this because I am part of this group. There is not enough interaction between teacher and student, and this is the core reason the school system needs to be revamped. When the teacher looks at the struggling group of students, they think, "Why can't they understand everything like normal students?" They aren't normal. Albert Einstein wasn't able to talk until he was four. He grew up to be one of the greatest minds of all time. These students might be the people who grow up to find a cure to cancer and a permanent replacement to fossil fuel.

What needs to happen is when a student needs a different way to learn something, or just needs help, the teacher makes it their first priority.

If what is happening in the school system continues, the next generation is screwed.

Something else that needs to happen is how schools deal with bullies. The current generation of youth are in a bad way. Kids everywhere are being bullied in school for being smart. But for some reason, when the bully is sent to the Dean's office, they are let off with a warning. On the first offence, bullies should be suspended. If nothing happens about this, these smart but low self-esteem youth will grow up and get nowhere due to thinking intelligence is a curse. All the while, these idiots running around yelling "swag" and "yolo" will grow up to be the final blow and downfall of the already dying American society.

There are many problems that exist in the U.S., and many can be solved by redoing the school system.
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Con

I don't believe that the, (public,) school system needs to be entirely changed, but changes need to be made as my opponent has stated. There are some flaws in the United States Educational System, but I think there are simple ways to fix these little flaws. During my debate I will explain how I think we can fix the United States Educational System without completely destroying it.
My first simple fix is, to have a group for the quote, "... one group of students who can't quite grip onto their school work," that will be separate from the other students who understand their school work. Because the teacher can't spend the entire class time explaining everything to certain students, because it would slow down the rest of the class. So the group of students who don't quite understand everything should have a small class where they learn all the same thing things, but at a slower pace so they will understand everything.
Yes, that will make these group of students a target for bullying because they are in a different class, but that is where my second simple fix comes in. I think that there should be cameras in the schools where bullying is most likely to occur, such as the classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, (but NOT in the stalls,) playgrounds, gymnasium, ext. Then all of the footage will be reviewed, and if anything looks or sounds like bullying, (like smacking books out of someone's hands, name calling, ext,) the Dean can punish the bully as he or she seems fit. Eventually bullying will stop because the bullies know that they will be caught and punished for their actions.
By doing everything I discussed, the United States Educational System would not have to be completely destroyed and rebuilt. I am simply proposing two small changes that would most definitely help students learn and help end bullying in Public Schools. Also this is my first debate so my argument might not be perfect, so this is just a sorry in advance.
Dr.Sassafrass

Pro

Dr.Sassafrass forfeited this round.
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Con

ChloeMcIverFloyd forfeited this round.
Dr.Sassafrass

Pro

Dr.Sassafrass forfeited this round.
ChloeMcIverFloyd

Con

ChloeMcIverFloyd forfeited this round.
Posted by Input 3 years ago
Input
I assume you are referencing public schools. Good luck in finding an opponent. Those that I know, prefer home-schooling in my area, Nevada, to public schools because public schools are so bad. And throwing more money at this problem will not help make kids smarter. It starts with the mettle of the parent(s) or guardians.