SPF
Ariek

The U.S. should stay in the Iran (P5+1) Deal

SPF has forfeited round #2.

SPF

Pro

Let us start with a clear understanding of this resolution and what it means.

I define the U.S. as the United States Federal Government. This definition is probably not necessary but there it is.

Should -- ought
Since the word should is in the resolution this is a debate about whether it is best for the U.S. to stay in the Iran Deal, not a question of whether we will.

Iran (P5+1) deal -- the multilateral agreement, crafted in 2015, concerning Iran's nuclear program.

The standard for judging this debate should be U.S. National Security. Whichever side can prove that when you weigh the pros and cons, on net the people of this country will be safer (either within the deal or outside of it) wins the debate.

Well, now that we're clear on what we'll be debating (which is a relatively less thrilling task than actually debating it I can assure you) I'll save my opening arguments for round two. It would be wonderful if my opponent can do the same.
Ariek

Con

Posted by SPF 6 months ago
SPF
Hey Ariek, I'm sorry about this but even though I thought it took 3 days to forfeit a round, debate.org says that I forfeited round 2 in two rounds and will not let the debate continue here. Please follow this link: http://www.debate.org...
and accept my challenge for the second time. Sorry about this extra trouble. Thanks!
Posted by Nd2400 6 months ago
Nd2400
First off the frame work is kinda of weird, but i understand where you getting at. I don't think people actually have a problem with the deal on here or else where expect people from israel. I think the only person who does have a problem with the deal is trump himself. I personally think the US should stay with the deal.