SPF
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

The U.S. should stay in the Iran (P5+1) Deal

SPF has forfeited round #2.

SPF

Pro

Let us start with a clear understanding of this resolution and what it means.

I define the U.S. as the United States Federal Government. This definition is probably not necessary but there it is.

Should -- ought
Since the word should is in the resolution this is a debate about whether it is best for the U.S. to stay in the Iran Deal, not a question of whether we will.

Iran (P5 1) deal -- the multilateral agreement, crafted in 2015, concerning Iran's nuclear program.

The standard for judging this debate should be U.S. National Security. Whichever side can prove that when you weigh the pros and cons, on net the people of this country will be safer (either within the deal or outside of it) wins the debate.

Well, now that we're clear on what we'll be debating (which is a relatively less thrilling task than actually debating it I can assure you) I'll save my opening arguments for round two. It would be wonderful if my opponent can do the same.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

Iran is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism. We should get out of the Iran deal or we are going to get bombed.
Posted by Nd2400 7 months ago
Nd2400
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2, you ate in fact wrong... If you the US bomb Iran guess what would happen? Russia and China will get involved to stop the US. This would cause a world war.... China and Russia are actually better friends with Iran than North Korea. Oh yeah by the way iran would not attack the US...
Posted by SPF 7 months ago
SPF
Once again, Ariek I'm sorry for this extra trouble. I hope we can still have a fruitful productive debate.