Tmurdock
Akhenaten

The U.S. should stop being the world police

Tmurdock
Started: 10/22/2015 Category: Economics

Tmurdock

Pro

rules:
1. respect others
2. provide sources and links
3. have fun
4. if you break any of these rules you forfeit all points to me

rounds:
R1: acceptance
R2: Opening statements
R3: Ask questions
R4: answer questions
R5: rebuttal and closing statements
Akhenaten

Con

The U.S. is a responsible democratic country in relative terms to other less democratic, communist and autocratic countries.
Just as the Roman Empire transformed Europe into a more civilized and cohesive unit of countries; America has carried on this moral tradition to create a better world.
The threat of nuclear annihilation has proved to be an effective deterrent to countries like Russia, North Korea and China.
These countries have been very quiet since America has had the capacity to blow these countries off the world map in a few short hours. Thus, nuclear weapons are a really effective means of promoting peace and harmony throughout the world.

Countries like Iraq and Afghanistan need to come into the modern age and dispel their primitive ways. These countries hold key resources and hold strategic value in the securing of oil resources. America needs to keep a tight rein on these countries; otherwise countries like Russia and China would step in and take control.
Tmurdock

Pro

my opponent has disregarded the terms and conditions I have set for the debate so please vote for me as addressed in the beginning
Akhenaten

Con

I am out, your too good.
Tmurdock

Pro

my opponent has given up and broken the rules. Vote for me
Akhenaten

Con

My opponent didn't ask a question in round 3. He has broken his own rules. Thus, you can now vote for me instead of him. lol
Tmurdock

Pro

my opponent is tricky, but typed themselves that they are out of the debate and to vote for me
Akhenaten

Con

My opponent doesn't like debating and needs to rely on trickery to win. Vote one Akhey.
Tmurdock

Pro

i love debating. My opponent conceded. Vote for me!
Akhenaten

Con

I have put forward my opinion on this matter, whereas my opponent hasn't put forward his opinion. Thus, my opponent really hates debating and is only here to cause trouble. His devil avatar is a good indication of his intentions. Vote 1 Akhey!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: ColeTrain// Mod action: NOT Removed<

7 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Rule Violation & Concession

[*Reason for non-removal*] Voters are allowed to intepret rule violations as full losses, and Con did clearly concede in R2. Both can trump the lack of arguments.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 1 year ago
ColeTrain
TmurdockAkhenatenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rule Violation & Concession