WatashiwaKoharudesu
2Pro4U

The UK Curriculum Needs an Overhaul

WatashiwaKoharudesu

Pro

First round is for acceptence only.

I will discuss why I think the curriculum has become a joke and why it needs to be fixed very soon. My opponent will argue that it is fine and that there is no need to take action.

Good luck!
2Pro4U

Con

I accept this debate challenge.
WatashiwaKoharudesu

Pro

Big thanks to Con for accepting this debate!

So, the UK school system needs an overhaul. Why? Because there is no way that school prepares you for real life situations. Think about it, in your work life, have you ever been paid to look at poetry? Have you ever drew a picture of a face and made money off it? Have you ever been paid to play the recorder? Did you get your job by "discussing your feelings" with the interviewer? No?
A lot of things you do in school are meaningless. Most subjects are useful to an extent, but school goes to deep into it and ruins the whole thing.
Maths is a great example of this. Maths tells you that it will teach you skills for your life, and then it goes and says something like "Hariot is on a roller coaster and wants to calculate the slope". School should teach you the skills you need for jobs.
English should teach you how to write resumes and job applications, and teach you how to speak formally for an interview, not how to notice the rhyming pattern in a poem.
Spanish/French/Irish/Mandarin etc. should teach you the things you would need to know if you ever go to said country, like "Where is my hotel?" "Where can I change my money into the local currency?" "How much is it for..." Instead of things like "What do you look like?" and "What colour are your eyes?".
Religious Education is a touchy subject as well. There should be resources required for schools to have if students do not wish to take part in it, instead of sitting there reading a book and doing nothing.
Schools also need to be required to have resources for children with mental disorders. I understand that there is no way to help someone with something like Downs Syndrome, you just have to try your best with them and help out as best you can, but when it comes to something like Anxiety, OCD or Misophonia, schools need to be able to provide for the students, while making sure that they don't miss out on too much.

So as you can see, our education system is flawed. It needs to be looked in to, and fast.
2Pro4U

Con

2Pro4U forfeited this round.
WatashiwaKoharudesu

Pro

Have I stumped you?

It's very important to look into how the curriculum works, in order to avoid unemployment. We should be teaching life skills, not things that will never come in useful.
2Pro4U

Con

2Pro4U forfeited this round.
WatashiwaKoharudesu

Pro

Come on... I want to debate!
2Pro4U

Con

2Pro4U forfeited this round.