The UK will be better off or just as well off without the EU.

PointyDelta has forfeited round #2.

This round is for accepting the challenge and stating the position.
I believe the UK will be better of without being members of the EU.

You know what, I haven't done a EU debate in ages.

I accept the challenge and will be arguing that it will be generally more beneficial if we (the UK) had remained in the European Union.

Start off with my first arguments.

The European Union (EU) was created in 1945 by several European countries, except for the United Kingdom (UK). The union was previously called the European Economic Community (ECC). [1] The United Kingdom was denied entry to the EU multiple times. Until finally the EU council allowed them in. [2] Since then, the EU has been harsh, unfair, and targets the UK in many of their rules, laws, and regulations. [3]

Since joining the EU, the UK has seen unfair and unequal laws placed on them. Including during the 2012 London Olympics, when the EU placed some very unnecessary and difficult laws. [4] Including equal and fair trade, women's rights initiatives, pollution laws, and so on. The EU ended up having to repeal some and the UK just ignored others. By leaving the EU, the UK no longer has to follow the laws passed by the EU unless the parliament in Westminster decides to follow them as well.

The UK is required to pay 13 Billion Pounds a year, although technically the UK is supposed to pay 18 Billion Pounds a year, however, they do get a 5 billion pound refund. Yet, the EU only reinvests 4.5 Billion Pounds a year back into the UK. [5] My basic math skills do tell me that this means the UK could easily save 8 Billion Pounds a year by simply leaving the EU. That 8 Billion is including spending the 4.5 billion back into the same programs the EU did fund.

The EU law is considered the highest law of the land and EU law can out rank laws passed by the UK Parliminet. Even the EU courts are ripping apart laws passed by the UK. [6] This has been seen by many lawmakers and law followers as an overreach by the EU into strictly UK affairs.

These things and many other that I will continue to outline for you are some of the reasons that the UK will have a much better future after the split from the EU.

Posted by ZeldaMafia 3 months ago
This is gonna be fun, mostly because I don't have any ideas on this.