TheOrangeOfYonatan
JustSydney

The US Gov has a moral obligation to afford the same constitutional rights to all people on US soil.

TheOrangeOfYonatan

TheOrangeOfYonatan

Con

Alright, well this is the topic for NCFL nationals in LD. If I can get a person that debates LD regularly that would definitely be ideal. I'll let aff start since that is usually the custom in LD. Good luck to my opponent!
JustSydney

Pro

Yeah this is my first time. I don't know what your fancy jargon means but I'll take a stab anyways.

I'm guessing that your FOR "The US Gov has a moral obligation to afford the same constitutional rights to all people on US soil."

If not, then my profuse apologies.

No, I don't believe that every single person on U.S. soil deserves the same rights.

I live in California & have seen first hand the effects of illegal aliens

From what I have seen, they barge into MY country that MY parents & forefathers have worked for and then just swagger around like they belong here.

It's not only bothersome, but its not right. Why should they reap what I sowed?
TheOrangeOfYonatan

Con

I guess we aren't going to use LD structure then. I am arguing AGAINST, clearly since my side is CON. You can pull my opponents argument of illegal aliens to my side, because they shouldn't be given the same constitutional rights. Therefore, since there are no arguments justifying the resolution, you must vote con. Illegal aliens bad, therefore, we shouldn't give them constitutional rights, therefore, vote con.

JustSydney

Pro

I apologize for CLEARLY being an idiot & making a mistake on my first try.
& NO we AREN'T going to use LD structure.

I think that we SHOULD give the same constitution rights to ALL people because really, there is NO point in discriminating just becuase some people are here illegally. Does anyone OWN the Earth? Any ONE person? Any ONE nation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no. Yes, we do have the United Nations but they don't nesacerrily own the World.

So why should we get to decide that certain part is OURS & that anyone who has the misfortune of entering must follow certain steps to be treated equally? I don't think we have a MORAL obligation because not everyone has the same morals. I just think we need to get off our high horse & realize that we arent exactly the most polite travellers ourselves.

Since my opponent took arguement when he COULD HAVE gotten his own, you should CLEARLY vote pro.

But since I am CLEARLY too unintelligent to be perfect, you should CLEARLY vote con/
TheOrangeOfYonatan

Con

TheOrangeOfYonatan forfeited this round.
JustSydney

Pro

How am I supposed to respond to that?
Posted by Dingo7 6 years ago
Dingo7
Yeah, in the debate previously linked to, Con did indeed vote for himself, and was the first person to vote on the debate period. His opponent in that debate voted for himself 3 months after TheOrangeOfYonatan did so.
Shame on you for being hypocritical AND lying about it later.
Posted by JustSydney 6 years ago
JustSydney
Um in that other debate it sure looks like YOU were the one to vote for yourself first.
Just sayin.
Posted by TheOrangeOfYonatan 6 years ago
TheOrangeOfYonatan
good thing that link works... (note sarcasm)

and again, i said that i was forced to vote for myself in other debate because my opponent was low enough to vote for himself first. that's the only way to level the playing field. you did it to give yourself an unfair advantage. i did it to preserve the fairness of the round. there is a big difference. maybe you just don't comprehend that.

rofl
Posted by JustSydney 6 years ago
JustSydney
Lol actually, I was referring to
"besides don't pretend you have never voted for yourself.

Proof is here - http://www.debate.org...;

Rofl
TheOrangeOfYonatan
Thank you jaweber1, I will definitely do that in the future. And yes, it does when you are the first and only one to do it. If you only voted for yourself, and I ceased to vote for myself, it would be unfair. But the only way to counter your unfair vote would be to vote for myself as well. Therefore, the only way to level the playing field is to resort to voting to myself, since you had to skew the fair ground by voting for yourself first.
Posted by JustSydney 6 years ago
JustSydney
AHAHAHAHAHA
Oh but Orange, doesn't voting for yourself take away from the FAIRNESS?
Posted by jaweber1 6 years ago
jaweber1
Just so you know in the future, there are rank limitations that can be put in place in order to ensure you have a qualified opponent as well as age limitations.
TheOrangeOfYonatan
I'm sorry, I didn't know that she was new here... In the debate you cited I again, voted for myself because my opponent did it first. It's the only way to maintain fair ground. I have voted for myself in order to maintain fair ground AFTER my opponent voted for themselves, but I have never done it first as a means to give myself an unfair advantage. Of course I'm going to be upset if I can no longer have a proper debate. I'm sorry that she is new here, and next time I'll make it clear that I want to debate someone who has been around for a while. I may not have been as "nice" to a new person as others might be, but I find voting for yourself first to gain unfair ground to be rude. And not debating the right side to just be a careless mistake that shows a serious lack of wanting to have a quality debate. Merely looking at which side you are could have corrected that. And not taking the time to do that is poor conduct in my book as well.
Posted by jaweber1 6 years ago
jaweber1
In my opinion, Orange your being a d-bag. She's new, she didn't know any better, besides don't pretend you have never voted for yourself.

Proof is here - http://www.debate.org....

Although I fully believe in your position, I believe your conduct was considerably worse than Sydney's. It is you sir, who must get your act together.
Posted by JustSydney 6 years ago
JustSydney
Its called a mistake. People make them on a daily basis. I voted for ME becuase I think I should win & YES I am 100% biased. I don't know why you're complaining because you're winning anyway.

Telling people to vote con was SARCASM.
Vote Placed by TheOrangeOfYonatan 6 years ago
TheOrangeOfYonatan
TheOrangeOfYonatanJustSydneyTied
Vote Placed by jaweber1 6 years ago
jaweber1
TheOrangeOfYonatanJustSydneyTied
Vote Placed by JustSydney 6 years ago
JustSydney
TheOrangeOfYonatanJustSydneyTied
Vote Placed by rockinreadhead 6 years ago
rockinreadhead
TheOrangeOfYonatanJustSydneyTied
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
TheOrangeOfYonatanJustSydneyTied