The US Government Should Legalize & Encourage Rape

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

I do plan on providing a legit argument on this.

Legalize: Make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law.
Encourage: Give support and advice to (someone) so that they will do or continue to do something.
Rape: Forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will

R1: Pro introduces the topic/Con starts off the debate to show why rape should remain illegal.
R2: Pro introduces his case of why rape should be legal/Con rebuts Pro's case & concludes
R3: Pro rebuts Con's case & concludes/Con Waives this Round

BOP is shared.

No semantics or kritiks.

Sources may be put outside the debate.

Violation of any of these rules mean you lose by default.

Voters must be objective.

In order for the U.S government to legalize/ban an action, it must be under the intentions for the general good/benefit of society. The government should only concerned whether the legalization/ban will benefit the society as a whole or not.

With that being said, the government must function in a way so it guarantees rights to all citizens, to create a practical society where no specific group is discriminated or harmed. (1)

The first duty of government: Protection, Liberty, and the Fourteenth Amendment.

If a government legalizes rape, rape cases will go up. India"s rape cases have been on the steady increase due to poor government/law systems. (2) Protection means when a government grants its citizens 3 basic rights. The first right is related to the status of the individual: To be under the protection of the law meant to have the status of a freeman and a citizen. Second aspect referred to substantive rights: Protection meant that the law recognized and secured an individual's rights to life, liberty, and property. Finally, the most basic meaning of protection referred to the enforcement of rights: the specific ways in which government prevented violations of substantive rights, or redressed and punished such violations.

Legalizing rape literally guarantees none of these protections, and it is safe to say that rape is counterproductive. This means, the victim of the rape has lost his/her liberty, since it was not under consent, they might lose their life due to harmful beatings during the rape. Death occurs in approximately 0.1 percent rape cases, however this will increase since rape cases will increase.

With this being said, women or men are not biological objects in the eyes of a federal level, however human with certain rights. Even if it was viewed as the former, it would not benefit the society as a whole in any way. This is why, rape cannot be justified on a federal level, however can be further argued on a philosophical level.

Really violent rape (including rape resulting in death) and child rape would still be illegal due to current laws. However, rape would still be legal; same way there is a restriction on drinking (which is legal), which makes it illegal for children

If rape is legal, the population will naturally increase. High populations bring economic benefits. The benefits derived from this are a huge work force which can lead to a really large GDP. In fact, China, which isn't even a developed economy is now said to have a higher real GDP than the US. Many factors played a role in the growth of the 80s, but one growth factor that cannot be denied is that a the largest age groups were in their late teens and early 20s at the beginning of the decade, meaning there would be a huge boost in the work force

Even more so, with the schools having more and more students, students will have to work harder to stand out which may lead to more innovation or more competition for high marks, which also helps lead to a strong economy. All this would help American economic dominance stay strong. Plus, less money would be spent on court trials, prisons, etc

P1-It is legal to be forced into something, if it has benefits
P2-Rape is sex
P3-Rape is forced
P4-Sex has benefits (including the benefit of haivng a child in a women's case, which usually brings unlimited amounts of happiness and become the most important thing to a mother).
C-Rape should be legal
P2-3 are undisputed, as is 4 (cited). So what about P1? Take Social Security for example. The Supreme Court decided that it should remain legal, because it promoted general welfare. So if that means someone can be forced into something if it of benefit, and rape does as it brings benefits from sex. Even if it is a net negative (in SS many people don't even break even). Some never even get to receive it (e.g. die early or leave the country). Sex always has some benefits. Plus, if a girl gets a baby it will often bring the most important thing into their life.

Intro: Looking over my opponent's BOP, it becomes obvious that his only point for legalizing rape was, If population increases, then GDP increases. This is obviously false, because association does not imply causation.

This, is not even including all the economic factors of rape such as decline in productivity, abortions, cost of death during rape, cost of rehabilitation, trauma, decrease in children's productivity, etc etc etc...

Sexual violence survivors experience reduced income in adulthood as a result of victimization in adolescence, with a lifetime income loss estimated at $241,600 (1)

Sexual abuse interferes with women's ability to work. Fifty percent of sexual violence victims had to quit or were forced to leave their jobs in the year following their assaults due to the severity of their reactions (1)

In 2008, violence and abuse constituted up to 37.5% of total health care costs, or up to $750 billion (1)

If rape were to be legalized, so the rape related violence will increase. Which is why I included that in the first round.

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5% per rape among victims of reproductive age, 50% underwent abortion (2)

So, there will not even be that major of a population increase due legalization of rape and it is certainly not an economic advantage when you include all the factors. My opponent has yet to show actual causation.

P1-Depends on what KINDS of benefits. Blowing up the world may have benefits, but it is arguable that it outweighs the good
P4-"Including the benefits of having a child" This might as well be subjective data pulled out of big foot's butt. My opponent has yet to show how FORCED sex has benefits.
P2-3-Rape does not promote someone's general welfare due to decline in productivity, abortions, cost of abortions, etc etc

Conclusion: My opponent showed absolutely NO causation between increase of population DUE TO RAPE, and the economic advantage. I have shown the economic disadvantages.

I pretty much realize I'm not going to win this, and do not really feel like responding right now. Vote Con.

Thanks for the sportsmanship pro
Posted by JernHenrik 1 year ago
If we agree that: legal rape = more rape
Then we will soon a male population, with a wider, legally sanctioned, and practical range of experience with sexual sadism. This will most like increase their interest in sadism and dominance overall leading to a increased interest in joining the army and going abroad to fight wars. Due to the confidence boost and the sadism training learned by raping at home, they will most like be tougher and better soldiers, winning more wars, adding to the economy and power of the United States.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Posted by maddyvonree 1 year ago
I have to question the psychological health of the person after a rape. Wouldn't that have some affect on whether rape should be legalized or not? Also the physical health would be at steak with a violent rape. Why would anybody think that a rape would benefit society in any way? That would be like me saying that shootings should be legalized because ir does the same thng as an abortion. It serves no purpose, and neither does this argument.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Argue on a philosophical standpoint, and you will surely win. Dont include government, it changes the entire debate
Posted by RoyalFlush100 1 year ago
lol I don't plan on debating this again.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
im not here to bash on your arguments, just telling you to keep in mind for next time.

Dont use population as your main argument, its really easy to rebut them as like .5% end in babies and half of them end in abortions. Then its the cost of abortions and productivity n stuff.
Posted by RoyalFlush100 1 year ago
"Impossible" maybe exaggerated and if I was a better debater I might have been able to win this one, but it's still hard to prove rape is beneficial for the government to legalize. I could much easier make a strong case as Con than Pro.

Also, i know it was a poorly developed argument, but in general large populations have strong economic outlook and can have strong economies. Africa has problems which don't even exist in the poorer areas of Asia & South America, that's as low as it gets. Theoretically, if the US had another baby boom it would probably a net benefit economically (except it might bankrupt certain social programs in the long run).

Anyways, I was thinking someone would act overly emotional when accepting this. I knew I was screwed if a real debater accepted this, because I'm not good enough to defend that resolution.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
The thing is, increase in population does not, AT ALL, show how it is an increase in GDP. there is SO many others factors included! Its not even that much increase in population to even be significant. Because only 5% end in pregnancy, and HALF of them end in abortions! This is not even including the cost of abortions, or the general decrease in productivity, which is the MAIN cause for gdp increase.

Just look at Africa's increase population, and its decline in gdp. Yes correlation, no causation
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Its not an impossible resolution, because you included GOVERNMENT. (sorry for capital letters, cant rich text with comment...i think)

If you are aware with Envisage's and Wylted's debate on weather it should be ok for a 50 year old man to rape a 5 year old, now THAT was an impossible resolution. There was no way that wylted could prove that it was morally unacceptable for a 50 year old to rape children. That debate was pretty philosophical, and rape wins on a philosophical standpoint

However, the government is not philosophical, it is rather Objective. It is not, nor should be, concerned with philosophical, or subjective views about rape. Which is why, this debate is pretty achievable to win for both of us, because i just have to show how it is not within the government's interest to legalize rape on an economic standpoint, or I could just show how the government is there to protect its citizens. I labeled how rape does not guarantee any protection or rights.
Posted by RoyalFlush100 1 year ago
I summed it up in pretty much one sentence the causation, "The benefits derived from this are a huge work force which can lead to a really large GDP". The rest of the time I provided evidence. I originally explained that a bit more, but I had -500 characters even trying to not type too much, so I had to cut a lot.

Also only one thing was subjective ("including the benefit of having a child in a women's case, which usually brings unlimited amounts of happiness and become the most important thing to a mother").

Keep in mind, I setup an almost impossible resolution, and not going too much into evolution or some weird philosophy (both of which I'd rather not) I'm not left with too much (although I might go into evolution for rebuttals).

As for will I expand them, no because of the structure I laid out. Although I'll mention them in my conclusion.
Vote Placed by Lee001 1 year ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Concession made by Pro.