drew459
bluehatchie

The US Government Should not pay reparations to African Americans

drew459

Pro

I will not post my argument yet, but I have made it five rounds because I hope to get a good back and forth with someone. I am against reparations getting paid. Good luck and I'm looking forward to a good debate
bluehatchie

Con

The US should give African American citizens reparations because of these two reasons,
1. Reason 2. History
Slavery in the US history was a major era, from slavery to freedom to slavery again. The African Americans had fought for their freedom through brutal tortures and racial injustice. They spent many years after freedom dealing with the unequal treatment and trying to make it on their own. The question is what has changed? Many African Americans suffer from economic problems and bad environmental situations causing crime and a hard way of living. The poverty rate for America is 14.5 percent of Americans in 2013. That is about 45.3 million American citizens barely making it, that of which, about 11 million of that is African American citizens. African American adults are in second for highest poverty rates right under the Hispanic citizens but the African American children are on top by 38 percent. African Americans are in poverty because they did not receive what they earned. Once slavery ended African Americans had to make a living with no more than a dime in their pocket and that is effecting their ancestors today. America should give reparations towards African Americans because the American society is why African American citizens are in poverty and cannot maintain a healthy and necessary life for themselves and their loved ones.
The history of America is outstanding and quite an adventure. This history is what made America the super country it is today but that wouldn"t have been possible without the help of the Africans that had come to America involuntarily. The Africans became African Americans and worked on the farm land and even fought in wars when needed. The African American saves were not people but property and that is why this was more than cruel. The slaves had worked all night until their bones ached while their owner sat on the porch drinking a cold lemonade. The whites needed the slaves in order to maintain house cleaning and farm handling. Without the African Americans coming to America this wonderful country would"ve never become what it is today and the African American citizens don"t receive anything in return for their hard work but food stamps and low income.
If you need any clarification, you can state them in the comment section.
drew459

Pro

drew459 forfeited this round.
bluehatchie

Con

bluehatchie forfeited this round.
drew459

Pro

drew459 forfeited this round.
bluehatchie

Con

bluehatchie forfeited this round.
drew459

Pro

drew459 forfeited this round.
bluehatchie

Con

bluehatchie forfeited this round.
drew459

Pro

drew459 forfeited this round.
bluehatchie

Con

bluehatchie forfeited this round.
Posted by TBSmothers 2 years ago
TBSmothers
I sadly don't even know about ancestors that were enslaved, so me getting paid for their suffering doesn't seem right.