CorinneSeagriff
Ryanconqueso

The US Government should grant universal healthcare to its citizens.

Ryanconqueso

CorinneSeagriff

Con

Universal healthcare should not be granted by the US Government.
Ryanconqueso

Pro

Thank you for the opportunity to express my views on the issue of why the US Government should grant universal healthcare.

My opponent states that "Universal healthcare should not be granted by the US Government". Although the reasoning is unclear, I would like to point out that universal healthcare is already implemented in some countries along with private healthcare optionally available(a).

The main focus should be the well being of American citizens. If one were fall ill, or to injury, they should have access to be treated, otherwise who knows what other problems will arise from one incident.According to (b)over 15%(46.3 million) of Americans are uninsured, 10% of which have been uninsured for over a year.

There is also much to be said about low income jobs with insurance availability, unpaid medical expenses, and healthcare cost in general.

A: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_healthcare
B: www.emaxhealth.com/1506/cdc-number-americans-without-health-insurance-coverage-
CorinneSeagriff

Con

CorinneSeagriff forfeited this round.
Ryanconqueso

Pro

Since my opponent has fore-fitted this round I will take this opportunity to voice my opinions on the topic without sources. I feel the first 2 sources were compelling enough in my opening statement.

I feel that there is a bias of social class when it comes to health care to begin with. The low income jobs that actually offer benefits are very few and far between. That being said when benefits are offered to low income individuals the premiums(in my experience) take roughly 1/10 of income for decent coverage. Along with the minimum wage guidelines it would be near impossible to maintain a steady household with insurance and other necessities. Basically I'm saying that if you have a high income job you probably have great coverage on insurance. Therefore never having to worry about if you get hurt. If you were to become ill without insurance you pay an astronomical bill. It's a system of maintaining the social classes with minimal opportunity for advancement.
CorinneSeagriff

Con

CorinneSeagriff forfeited this round.
Ryanconqueso

Pro

I would again like to thank my opponent for initiating the debate. It gave me a chance to look up some interesting information. I hope I had intrigued some interest somewhere along the way.

Vote Placed by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
CorinneSeagriffRyanconquesoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Debate forfeit.