mjordan
Jallen289

The US Government should grant universal healthcare to its citizens.

mjordan

Pro

The United States population of uninsured citizens continues to increase each year. Healthcare has become unaffordable for many of the United States residents, both individually and through businesses. If the United States grants universal health care this would eliminate many health issues that are not being treated among the individuals who have no health care. Doctors would be able to concentrate on curing the patients rather than worrying about if they will get a check from their insurance. One point to bring up would be those who volunteered in 9/11, they are going through difficult times right now whether it be their family as well or just them but if they are out of a job and now uninsured this is unfair to those who served for us. Knowing that other areas in the world have universal health care, it is obvious that if can be done. It may be a tough transition but it is a necessary one.
Jallen289

Con

Just realized that there is 1,000 max.

If you can, edit this to 8,000 please, or else cancel the debate and redo it with 8,000 max limit. Otherwise, I will not be able to debate as 1,000 characters is not enough to give a sufficient argument. If you'd like, I can start the debate and challenge you, that way you will have the last word. Let me know what you'd like to do.

mjordan

Pro

mjordan forfeited this round.
Jallen289

Con

Every country that has implemented universal health care, has seen that the sustem fails the citizens. The government will end up paying for the health care and seeing as how it will be paying for every person in America, the costs will go up significantly. This is unavoidable. While there is a 1000 character max, I cannot debate fully, but felt it was only fair to my opponent to at least give her something, as I did agree to the debate.
mjordan

Pro

Health care is a right for all Americans, the Preamble of the US Constitution states that one of its purpose is to "promote the general welfare" of the people. Just as all Americans have the right to a public education to help them in their future careers, they should have the right to health care because that promotes a healthier life. The United States is one of the few, developed nations in the world that does not guarantee health coverage for its citizens. Also by providing all citizens the right to health care it will stimulate growth for economic productivity. When people have access to health care, they live healthier and longer lives, they can then add to society for a longer time. The wait time would not be an issue if we had universal health care, once we start it everyone will be healthier because they have coverage so down the road fewer people will need to be waiting because they will be healthier from the start.
Jallen289

Con

The Constitution does not disperse rights; it is a guide of regulations and is enforced to protect the people from government by keeping the government small and in line. Nowhere does the Bill of Rights address education or health care. Factually, neither health care, nor education is a right. Countries that institute socialized health care are well under the standard held in the US. I don’t have to list facts so here are a few sources you should visit; http://www.dailymail.co.uk..., http://www.dailymail.co.uk..., http://www.timesonline.co.uk.... so down the road fewer people will need to be waiting because they will be healthier from the start. This sounds great, but is unrealistic.

Posted by mjordan 5 years ago
mjordan
Sorry! I had the flu so I have not been on the computer but I will be doing another debate for school with 5 round and 8000 characters I am not sure what topic yet I have to think of one, I can't use the same topic so if you would like to join me for that debate. Thank you for the tips I'm going to try to do better!
Posted by Jallen289 5 years ago
Jallen289
"I don't have to list facts so here are a few sources you should visit;"

When I typed this, I meant to type "I don't have space to list facts"

Sorry for that, but now I've cleared that up. I would have listed many facts, had I had more than 1000 characters to do so.

Nice debate mjordan. I'd suggest using a higher character count in the future and attempting to add sources would make the debate more believable. Either way, there are not facts that would back up any claim of health care or education being a right, as defined by our Founders.

I'd like to direct you to the debate I've started on universal health care to see a full argument.
Posted by mjordan 5 years ago
mjordan
Okay i posted something too sorry I didn't know how to cancel it.. I'm going this for a course I'm taking so I'm knew too
Posted by Jallen289 5 years ago
Jallen289
That's why I went ahead and posted something. I guess you cannot. I'm new here so I'm not positive.
Posted by mjordan 5 years ago
mjordan
how do i cancel it?
Posted by Jallen289 5 years ago
Jallen289
We'll, if you wouldn't mind canceling the debate and starting it over that'd be great. Otherwise I'll just take the loss. 1,000 characters is not enough to have a formidable debate.

Thanks anyway though. Have a good one.
Posted by mjordan 5 years ago
mjordan
I can't change t to 8,000 because my class requirement is only 1,000. I'm sorry I have to have this topic in a debate with someone in only 24hours, and 1,000 characters.